“A fine Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“A fine Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed at this property at least a dozen times over the last couple of years. One of the best things here is the consistency I've experienced from stay to stay. The staff is congenial, well trained, helpful and friendly across the board whether it be the front desk people or servers in the restaurant.

It is quiet and traveling as much as I do, that is a characteristic that I really appreciate. The rooms are bright and airy, spacious, very clean with pleasant, if typical, Floridian decor. Excellent bedding. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side, but not unlike many hotel baths.

The breakfasts are a notch above. The omelet chef makes excellent egg dishes.

The lounge area is a bit dated with worn tables and chairs. The flooring here reminds me of bathroom tiles used years ago. The atmosphere in this area is not to my personal liking and is the one sore spot in this facility as far as I'm concerned. It needs a major renovation.

The location is convenient to both PBI, the 95 corridor and the beaches.

Overall, a fine Marriott made better by the staff with few concerns other than that mentioned above.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room in terms of noise anywhere in this hotel. Overall, I don't think ther...

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This Marriott property was wonderfully close to downtown West Palm Beach. It was only a mile or so east of the I-95 corridor and was fairly easy to find, although it was mapped incorrectly on Apple's map application on my phone.

The hotel is a typical Marriott property. We were only here for one night so our exposure to the hotel property was limited. The lobby was very comfortable and open, although the corridor to the elevators was heavily scented with tropical scent from automatic air fresheners and was way too much. Once we got upstairs the room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The only issue we had was that we found dirty wash clothes under the sink area that had not been removed prior to our arrival (I can only guess how long these had been there, but it's obvious the cleaning staff was a little lax in there duties). The workout room was quite good, with an assortment of treadmills, elliptical steppers, and weight machines to provide any guest a good sweat (if that's your thing). After our morning workout we enjoyed a decent cup of Stabucks from the lobby cafeteria/restaurant and then ventured out to the pool for a look around. The courtyard area was well cared for with various herb and flower gardens spread throughout, although these were not in bloom at this time a year. Overall the property was well cared for and the staff very friendly.

There are however two major drawbacks to this hotel. The first is that it is right next to the Florida commuter train line that runs up and down the coast. The extra trains sit right next to the hotel and idle constantly and this is quite loud and annoying. The other detractor is that access is somewhat challenging when coming off I-95. Access is easy when coming westbound out of the downtown area, but you must either take a frontage road and meander between a few buildings on side streets, or take a U-turn once you get to the first light on Okeechobee Blvd when coming in from the interstate.

Overall, I would stay here again without hesitation. It was a good property and worth a visit back.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room (these are even numbered) to avoid listening to the train all night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Isabelle R, Senior Administrative Assistant at Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

The West Palm Beach Marriott Staff woulf like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are pleased to let you know that it is thanks to your comments that we were made aware and were able to address the issue you brought up to our attention regarding the wash clothes.

We care about every comment, whether positive or negative, as it brings to our attention what we do right, such as the knowledge that we have a friendly staff and well cared for property, but most importantly what needs to be corrected, in this instance, to ensure your satisfaction.

Please accept the expression of our gratitude for your loyalty to the Marriott brand.

Warm regards,

Isabelle
Spring Branch, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Recently visited this Marriott for a few nights. Great service!!! Facilities were a bit dated and had been renovated but were very acceptable. Best things were the personnel and their attention to service at all times. Excellent... much better than my last Marriott!

Would recommend this hotel for anyone doing business at the Palm Beach Convention Center. Close to everything....

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was at this hotel for two nights while attending a meeting at the nearby convention center. I found it a very comfortable Marriott.

I was in a renovated room on the second floor. The room was large, well appointed, and the bed super comfortable. The LED reading lights on each side of my king size bed were nice. The bathroom was not huge, but was fine for me since I was traveling alone. Had my wife been with me, the space around the single sink would have been more problematic.

There is a very nice fitness room with TV-equipped aerobic machines as well as weight machines. It also has what looks like a nice pool area -- although the weather was too cold for me to use it.

There is no business center, but there is a single lobby computer and printer. There's a full-service Starbucks, a nice, but pricey, bar, and an excellent restaurant.

The staff at the hotel was excellent. When my flights changed, they handled my every need.

The hotel is a mile or two from the airport, but offers shuttle service to the airport and also to City Walk. To get to the beach, you'll need a car.

I'd stay again if I needed a hotel near the airport, downtown, the Convention Center, or City Walk.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and the room totally silent.
Roatan, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The perfect location of this hotel was the deciding factor for us to choose it together with the Marriot guarantee of good value. We spent a very enjoyable stay at this impeccable hotel. The lobby is impressively decorated with the elegant Marriot Style . The reception personnel efficient and friendly. The corridors and rooms are very spacious, the bedding first class, the bathroom is small when compared to the bedroom size but impeccably clean and pleasant. The restaurant is good and fairly priced. There is a nice garden by the pool . Cityplace and other Palm Beach attractions are only at a short and pleasant walking distance away. The hotel is very easily reached from I 95 as it is right on Okeechobee Blvd, downtown Palm Beach . Excellent value.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the 4th floor with nice views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice clean hotel with great service. The great positive is the shuttle that takes you to anf from the nice shops located within walking distance.There are nice places to eat and nice to walk around. The hotel price was excellent. We stayed here last year and were back again for a 2 day stay this year.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Frederiksberg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I entered the large reception area and was met by an elderly guy behind the counter. He was super friendly and service minded; I think it was the best welcoming speech that I ever had in a hotel. He gave me a room on the 8th floor and told me told to eat in their restaurant as the food was amazing and the vegetables was grown in the backyard. I guess that I smiled back at him and took my stuff to my room.

The room was quite nice and spacious. I liked the fact that it was facing the lake and I had the early evening sun facing my window and the lake in front of me. I took the curtains out to the sides so I could enjoy the magnificent view. The room had everything that I would expect of a nice hotel room; I truly enjoyed the size of the room because in Europe all hotel rooms are quite small.

The beds, there were actually two and they were both really nice and queen size. The room was decorated in a mixed style. The curtains reminded me of a British old fashion and so did the red armchair in the corner with its standing lamp. There was a flat-screen that must have been the first that they produced and it was standing on a brown piece of furniture that absolutely didn’t fit in to the style. The beds were quite over dressed with enormous pillows but I didn’t mind them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marriott West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!