This Marriott property was wonderfully close to downtown West Palm Beach. It was only a mile or so east of the I-95 corridor and was fairly easy to find, although it was mapped incorrectly on Apple's map application on my phone.
The hotel is a typical Marriott property. We were only here for one night so our exposure to the hotel property was limited. The lobby was very comfortable and open, although the corridor to the elevators was heavily scented with tropical scent from automatic air fresheners and was way too much. Once we got upstairs the room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The only issue we had was that we found dirty wash clothes under the sink area that had not been removed prior to our arrival (I can only guess how long these had been there, but it's obvious the cleaning staff was a little lax in there duties). The workout room was quite good, with an assortment of treadmills, elliptical steppers, and weight machines to provide any guest a good sweat (if that's your thing). After our morning workout we enjoyed a decent cup of Stabucks from the lobby cafeteria/restaurant and then ventured out to the pool for a look around. The courtyard area was well cared for with various herb and flower gardens spread throughout, although these were not in bloom at this time a year. Overall the property was well cared for and the staff very friendly.
There are however two major drawbacks to this hotel. The first is that it is right next to the Florida commuter train line that runs up and down the coast. The extra trains sit right next to the hotel and idle constantly and this is quite loud and annoying. The other detractor is that access is somewhat challenging when coming off I-95. Access is easy when coming westbound out of the downtown area, but you must either take a frontage road and meander between a few buildings on side streets, or take a U-turn once you get to the first light on Okeechobee Blvd when coming in from the interstate.
Overall, I would stay here again without hesitation. It was a good property and worth a visit back.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott West Palm Beach Hotel West Palm Beach
- Marriott West Palm Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy various enhancements including a stunning guest room renovation inspired by the tranquil lifestyle and vibrant colors defining the West Palm Beach, FL, destination. Conveniently located near CityPlace, Kravis Center for Performing Arts, Cruzan Amphitheatre, Downtown West Palm, Palm Beach County Convention Center and Palm Beach International (PBI) Airport, our West Palm Beach hotel appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Appreciate deluxe accommodations and unique amenities at our Marriott hotel in West Palm Beach, FL, including high-speed internet, complimentary airport shuttle and on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Marriott West Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.