“Decent for Pet Owners” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Northwest Florida
“Decent for Pet Owners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Probably wouldn't be my first choice, but we like to travel with our dogs whenever possible. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. We haven't noticed the noise from the street nor has the air conditioner bothered us at all. The room is very generously sized and fairly updated and clean. The only thing we noticed that was on the verge of intolerable was the trash that was everywhere on the grounds. Both trash cans outside the front door were overflowing for two days before they were emptied. The pool area was completely trashed with beer cans, overflowing trash bins and even left-behind underwear (ew!). It's too bad as the front entrance is attractive and without all the trash everywhere would be quite nice. I would stay here again due to the room accommodations being adequate. Perhaps they recently lost some staff that caused such lax groundskeeping.

Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Things missing from room, not enough towels. Service sucks. Called the receptionest for towels and no answer I had to walk to front desk twice and they were there the whole time. to get the things I was missing from my room. For the price that I paid it was not worth it. Could of stayed in a better place. Everytime I stay here its worse. Will not stay again no more chances !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Münster, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Yes, this Hotel is reasonably priced at around $ 120 per room, compared to other hotels in Florida. But that's 120 too much! First of all, I doubt that anyone has ever slept a minute in this hotel. It is the noisiest place on earth, surrounded by three main streets, with paper walls and an air conditioning system that is louder than the launch of a space shuttle. Furthermore, the rooms are outdated, especially the dirty bathrooms. We had no hot water in the morning and called the front desk. "Well, the heating system went out overnight and there is nothing we can do. We are sorry. See you later". A horrible, horrible experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
La Grange, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Yes, this is one of those hotel that were very resonnably priced for this time of the year in Florida and the saying you get what you pay for is definitely the best way to described my stay. First the place smell like an astray; I do not smoke but my clothes and suitcase smell like I had been chain smoking in my room, it was pretty discusting. Second the cleansiness is not the best in the room, housekeeping did not clean up the sink in the bathroom. Third the bathroom (sink) was in the entrance of the room...I would not recommend to my friends an family

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was a little disapointed with appearance of room,although bed was comfortable and clean ,it was in need of some upgrading and attention to detail.I've stayed at another hotel property in the area and paid the same price ,it was decorated and kept immaculate with a very nice breakfast. The employees were all very courteous ,but its time for a makeover.

Room Tip: Maybe not near front, nearest street side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during March 2013. Prior to my checking I received a call from the property to make sure we were still checking in later that day. I found this to be a little odd considering we had a reservation guaranteed with a credit card.

The room and furnishings were very modern and nice. The bedding was also comfortable. The rooms was also kept clean.

The air conditioner in the room was extremely loud and seemed to be in need of repair in my room. I did not get a good nights sleep because of the loud air conditioner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently stayed for one night, as we have in the past for a little quiet time together. We find the hotel staff to be quite nice and accommodating, always aiming to grant our requests. The room was a king deluxe, an upgrade! The room was not as big as I expected, but did have all the ammenities needed, as well as a nice settee area. The TV worked just great on the 6th floor. The bathroom was clean, but small. The sink area was outside the bath area, so two people can "get ready" at the same time. The bed was comfortable and a variety of pillows are offered on the bed so everyone can find their own comfort level.

The wifi is free and works fine, though a little slow. The free breakfast offered fresh fruits as well as the jarred citrus salad fruits. There were hard boiled eggs and bagels and doit yourself waffles as well as breads and cereals. The coffee tasted great...better than some coffee shops!
Check out was easy and fast. You can't go wrong for the money here.

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors. There are two elevators. Its quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95? Share your experiences!