“Needs updates” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Buffalo
“Needs updates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 6 years (once a year) and have noticed it's slow decline. My recent stay in February may be my last there. The location is great but the rooms need updating. The chair in my room was stained and ripped that I didn't bother to use it. The breakfast is standard, nothing special and they only have coffee available during breakfast hours. The coffee was also very disappointing, even in the room. The price was good and hope they put some of the money to upgrades if I stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
south coast UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Used this for one night whilst working at nearby PBI airport, accessed by car and didnt see much in the area to do or places to eat but perfectly adequate inside.
In fact it proved to be one of the better rooms of this brand I have stayed at, a big clean room that didnt look too worn and quite stylish with wood flooring & fittings all in a good state of repair. A comfy bed with clean sheets and honestly overall better than I expected.The AC unit chugged away loudly but just switched it off.
Breakfast was the standard basic option, didnt stay long enough to check out all the facilities but would certainly use it again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I booked this hotel for my family since the more popular hotels were booked for the weekend. It was a huge mistake. I felt embarrassed staying here. Overall, the entire hotel feels very "old" and the location seems rather shady (there were people urinating in public one block from the hotel). We only booked the hotel for one night, and it was barely acceptable. We had three rooms (we were given an extra room free of charge since someone stayed an extra day in our double bed room). The first sign of trouble was the elevator which sounds like it's about to break down. Second, we could not get into two of our rooms because for some reason you need to pull the handle up to enter (while the third room's door works normally - by pulling down). In all three of our rooms, we had to pull the stopper up in the shower so the tub does not fill with water - not a big deal. The beds were fairly lumpy in two out of three rooms. We happened to come here on a fairly cold day and my heater was broken. But overall I suppose the rooms themselves were "acceptable". The following morning, we decided to have the continental breakfast. I suppose I should not have expected much, but it was extremely basic: cereal, coffee, plain refrigerated bagels (no plastic knife to spread butter), and diy waffle machine. It would have been nice if they could at least spare some plastic knives and maybe a muffin or two. All of this would have been OK I guess but then we found out our rental car was "keyed" in the parking lot overnight. I've never seen a car "keyed" my entire life and it happens the one day we stay at this hotel. If I had to visit this area again I would definitely choose a better hotel in a safer location.

The only positive was the lady from the front desk we dealt with. She was very friendly and had a great attitude.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Got there at 12:40 am. 1st room AC was broken. 2nd room saw a cockroach and smoke alarm wouldn't stop chirping. 3rd room saw three live cockroaches and cigarette burns on blanket. 4th room- my car. We slept in the car. The sheets and blankets didn't smell "fresh". I wondered if they had been washed. Or maybe had just been sitting in that room with the AC off for a few days. I'm from Florida. I know what small cockroaches mean- infestation, so we didnt' request another room. I couldn't imagine cockroaches crawling on me while I slept. *shudder*. I'm giving this place three stars for the mere fact that it is located in an extremely convenient place for travelers, the response by the staff was exemplary- very apologetic and reimbursed me. National La Quinta sent me a coupon and I'm allowed to have my dog there. The actual quality of the stay was terrible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I reserved a suite thinking that it had a wall and door seperating the sitting/bedroom areas like the La Quinta I work at. I should've called to get description. Late arrival, I looked at the room first before I checked in to make sure it would work. The auditor was very short but did explain breakfast and pool location. The room was clean, the bed was okay a little hard. I didn't visit the pool area, but breakfast was good. This hotel is about 10 minutes from the actual beach. I would return.

Room Tip: Look at the room first.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

The location of this hotel close to I-95 is good. The staff members were friendly. Overall the hotel was ok but there were many signs of sloppy maintenance. Elevator buttons were twisted. Wallpaper was peeling here and there. Whoever painted did not paint within the lines or even attempt to clean up the over-slop. The room was clean but showing wear. The bed was "ok" but tired. The ac worked but was very loud and cycled on and off which interupted sleep. Our door was out of alignment so you had to force it closed. Overall it was "ok". I am recommending based on value and location but they should get a new maintenance guy.. or two.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Forestville, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

It really makes me mad when TripAdvisor "critics" blow stuff out of proportion. I really use TA to really make a choice on what hotels to use. As a female solo traveler, I am relying heavily on the truth for my comfort but for more importantly safety.
I am here RIGHT NOW at this La Quinta - alive and well. There are no prostitutes, no shady characters and no roaches in the kitchen area.
The only gripe I have is that the sheets were not smooth, zero thread count and the doors don't shiut smoothly, so you have no choice as to slam the door. Thus noise.
But that's all. The room clean, internet very fast, fridge and microwave, free parking, right off the I-95. Bonus points in my books. Perhaps i just good lucky.
Some of the travelers, need to go to some of the hotels that I go to when I'm on business - then you'd realize how good you got it here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95? Share your experiences!