“I'm giving three stars for service only” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1910 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
tampa
“I'm giving three stars for service only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Got there at 12:40 am. 1st room AC was broken. 2nd room saw a cockroach and smoke alarm wouldn't stop chirping. 3rd room saw three live cockroaches and cigarette burns on blanket. 4th room- my car. We slept in the car. The sheets and blankets didn't smell "fresh". I wondered if they had been washed. Or maybe had just been sitting in that room with the AC off for a few days. I'm from Florida. I know what small cockroaches mean- infestation, so we didnt' request another room. I couldn't imagine cockroaches crawling on me while I slept. *shudder*. I'm giving this place three stars for the mere fact that it is located in an extremely convenient place for travelers, the response by the staff was exemplary- very apologetic and reimbursed me. National La Quinta sent me a coupon and I'm allowed to have my dog there. The actual quality of the stay was terrible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I reserved a suite thinking that it had a wall and door seperating the sitting/bedroom areas like the La Quinta I work at. I should've called to get description. Late arrival, I looked at the room first before I checked in to make sure it would work. The auditor was very short but did explain breakfast and pool location. The room was clean, the bed was okay a little hard. I didn't visit the pool area, but breakfast was good. This hotel is about 10 minutes from the actual beach. I would return.

Room Tip: Look at the room first.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

The location of this hotel close to I-95 is good. The staff members were friendly. Overall the hotel was ok but there were many signs of sloppy maintenance. Elevator buttons were twisted. Wallpaper was peeling here and there. Whoever painted did not paint within the lines or even attempt to clean up the over-slop. The room was clean but showing wear. The bed was "ok" but tired. The ac worked but was very loud and cycled on and off which interupted sleep. Our door was out of alignment so you had to force it closed. Overall it was "ok". I am recommending based on value and location but they should get a new maintenance guy.. or two.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Forestville, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

It really makes me mad when TripAdvisor "critics" blow stuff out of proportion. I really use TA to really make a choice on what hotels to use. As a female solo traveler, I am relying heavily on the truth for my comfort but for more importantly safety.
I am here RIGHT NOW at this La Quinta - alive and well. There are no prostitutes, no shady characters and no roaches in the kitchen area.
The only gripe I have is that the sheets were not smooth, zero thread count and the doors don't shiut smoothly, so you have no choice as to slam the door. Thus noise.
But that's all. The room clean, internet very fast, fridge and microwave, free parking, right off the I-95. Bonus points in my books. Perhaps i just good lucky.
Some of the travelers, need to go to some of the hotels that I go to when I'm on business - then you'd realize how good you got it here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night unexpectedly. The price was not bad and I just needed a place to crash overnight.

The only staff seemed to be the young kid at the front desk and an unarmed security guard, mind you the parking lot was full and the kid said that there were only a few vacancies. Although the guard seemed physically capable of handling himself, this hotels guests and surrounding neighborhood didn't exactly make me feel safe.

I requested a non-smoking room and was sent to the 6th floor. The entire hall and room smelled like cigarettes. The bed had no blankets and I could hear noise from the surrounding rooms, arguments, sex, rowdy behavior to name a few.

The same young man and security guard were working in the morning when I was ready to eat and checkout. They both opened the breakfast room early for me, while still dealing with phone calls and other guests at 5:45am. Like I said, shady guests and prostitutes appear to be regular guests, and this hotel accepts cash payment. The only guests I saw at that time of night looked like they were up to no good.

The breakfast room had small roaches and most of the food was unappetizing. It all seemed like leftovers and most of it smelled awful. I felt nauseated and decided to go to McDonalds down the road.

With the exception of the 2-man nightcrew there is absolutely no reason to stay at this hotel if you have a choice. I honestly think OSHA would shut this place down in a heartbeat. The only bright spot was the service, unfortunately there are too many negatives that were out of their control.

• Stayed December 2010
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. How the heck this place got 4 stars on hotels.com is beyond me. I should have checked Trip Advisor. After being ignored rather than greeted when checking-in, I opened the door to our room to hear the A/C unit sounding like a lawn mower. Went right back down to switch rooms and was quickly accommodated. The place is not maintained well at all. The sink in our room did not drain properly, there was a cigarette hole in my sheets, the lamp in the business center did not work and I had to change the light bulb. Breakfast was surreal. The concentrated OJ in the dispenser was still frozen so only water came out. The waffle batter was empty. No fresh fruit. The best was when the prostitute in full get up and her John came strolling in for a bite. I must say the room was clean and it served its purpose, but never again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

The first thing we noticed was the elevator - it was very dirty and some of the buttons were broken (they still worked, the actual plastic button was just broken). It looked like someone had spilled something on the wall and it was never cleaned. The floor was also filthy. The website promised us a "couch" and all we got was a chair. Several fixtures in the room were broken and/or didn't work. When the elevator doors opened on our floor, it smelled like stale cigarettes. So did our room. We asked for non-smoking but we could tell it had been smoked in before. The parking lot and grounds looked rather unkempt as well. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95? Share your experiences!