“Friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful but in comparison to some newer RI's, this one was just a little "rough around the edges". The price was also $40 more than the competitor next door (but we didn't find that out until later). We always like Residence Inns but this one fell a bit short for the price. The breakfast and evening reception and free newspapers are always nice perks. They also gave us a water bottle and candy at check in and more water at check out when we were on the way to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write this review. I will be sharing your positive comments with my staff at our next meeting to let them know what a great job they did. I would also like to say that if you find yourself traveling back to the West Palm Beach area please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will take care of your reservations personally to ensure the highest amount of value for your stay.

If there is anything else I may assist with please to not hesitate to call or email.

Have a wonderful day, and theank you again for staying with us.

Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was appropriate for my needs!! Their Evening Social Hour ( Monday thru Thursday only) offers complimentary "adult" beverages and food. While I was there, they served lasagna and salad one night and southwest taco salad with all the fixin's the next night!! The rooms are very comfortable and spacious!! The staff is excellent and warm!! The location of this hotel is right off I-95 which makes it convienent as well.
I am a Mariott Rewards Member by choice!! This property reenforces my choice!!! I will definately stay here again when I come back to WPB!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn at West Palm Beach with three friends. We were all so impressed with the hotel and the value. First off, the staff were all so friendly and helpful. We rented a one bedroom suite, which was very clean, nice, and new looking. I especially loved the large windows which let in lots of natural light and gave our particular room a nice view. We all enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. We never got to use the gym, but it looked nice. The hotel in general was all so clean, quiet, and nice. The breakfast had a lot of variety and was better than any continental breakfast I've seen. The lobby was also really modern and clean but inviting. The hotel is just a few minutes away from everything but in a secluded enough area to be quiet. Loved this place and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed having you guys and hope to be able to serve you again very soon. Please do not hesitate to give us a call on your next trip to West Palm Beach. I will be sharing your wonderful comments with my staff so they are aware of the great job they did.

Have a wonderful day!
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The front desk staff is exceptional. We were experiencing some printer issues in the business center and Kathy, the director of sales, and Cotasha, the front desk agent, couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The 1 bedroom suite we stayed in was clean and comfortable but a little noisy as the air handler for the air conditioner was in the bedroom. Also, the lady who puts on the happy hour food, was very pleasant and helpful. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will make sure to thank Kathy, Catasha, and Marjorie personally and share your review with them so that they may see what a great job they did and are continuing to do for our guests. I do agree that the set up with the air handlers is a bit different than I have seen in prior hotels but am delighted to hear about the cleanliness of your suite. have a wonderful day and please do not hesitate to contact me personally should the need arise in the future.

Dan
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went down to West Palm beach to take a day trip to Peanut Island. This hotel fit the bill. No issues with the room, easy drive over to Riviera Marina from here. Breakfast was adequate, and the lady working the breakfast area was very nice. Front desk check in, no problems. If I had to make a suggestion, I would say put a light in the parking area in the back. It is pitch black, there is no way I would park there. All in all, nothing great or over the top, but for the low price, the location was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Residence Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Good morning,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on our hotel. I always love to hear the positive comments from our guests and also the suggestion on how we can make the hotel better moving forward. We will be looking into getting a light in the back of the lot to avoid these issues in the future. I am very glad that we were able to accomodate you and your family. Have a wonderful day.
stein, netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We checked in last night, we bought a room thru priceline.
We are used to getting not the best rooms but this room!
At first it seems okay, but when i checked the bed, the sheets had yellow stains on it and ther was a shoeprint on the sheet.
I went to the reception but our door would not close. I reported it, but nothing happened. I had to get back 2x to get a clean sheet, i made up the bed myself. Door was never fixed so we could not leave the room together or we had to bring all of our belongings. I woke up covered in red spots.
I saw nothing but it is a dogfriendly hotel, so i dont know what it was? Bathroom had a tub but there was a large paintstain in it, so i used the shower.
Breakfast was good, room was spacious and frontdesk personel was friendly but did not solve the problems. The hotel is under construction so it smells not to good, but that was not the problem.
We had room 201.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is sooooo homely. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Bent over backwards to help you with anything you needed or needed advice about. Great buffet style breakfasts every morning and complimentary evening buffet meals twice a week (nice touch!!). Rooms very clean, comfortable and in working order. If ever staying in West Palm Beach, don't pass up this hotel. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!