“Hilton Palm Beach Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
CAPE CANAVERAL
“Hilton Palm Beach Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My stay was in conjunction with a Peninsula Travel Show. The hotel was well-appointed with
the finest furnture, carpets and fixtures. Amenities provided were above average. Restaurants and in-room dining offered excellent choices and fair prices. I will always stay with Hilton Hotels when I travel.

Room Tip: Request king room with water view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This location was perfect as a business trip hotel. Most of the people staying at this location were there on business. Not very many families and hardly any children were present while i stayed. This hotel is less than a 5 minutes drive from the airport terminal at West Palm Beach. The place is very nice when walk in and the employees are very friendly. The rooms are are average sized but very clean and have a large flat screen TV. The hotel has great food at reasonable prices and the daily 3 hour happy hour at the pool bar is very good. There is a decent sized pool and hot tub which was never crowded. There is an inlet of water behind the hotel as well and u can watch people water ski and jet ski all day long from poolside.

• Stayed February 2013
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Usually, I research where I'm staying very thoroughly, and since I would be spending a lot of time in my room this trip, I spent a bit more time looking into hotels. There were several contenders that fit the bill of clean, good beds, etc., but I booked at this location because of a teaser in the description of the room, "Our spacious one king bed guest rooms offer beautiful views of the heated pool/tiki bar, tranquil Lake Cloud or the impressive Palm Beach Skyline." Also, under "For Your Convenience" on the amenities list, "Ocean/Water View". This made my decision easy. Since I needed to be in my room to write and do work for several days, I would choose the hotel that offered these views since that's very important to me - a good bed, cleanliness, and a good view are my top criteria. I'm here now, and as I write this, I'm looking at a parking lot and the airport. Not the end of the world, but I would have booked at Hilton Gardens or Doubletree or somewhere else had Hilton not touted these views. I wanted to see Florida's terrain, not necessarily Florida's cars and airplanes.
Another odd thing, when I checked in at midnight last night, the front desk asked me if I was sharing a room, and then told me I had already checked in - which I hadn't, so perhaps the room I requested was given to someone else? I went to the front desk at 10 a.m. this morning to see if I could get a different room, front desk told me that if I were to change rooms then housekeeping would have to make my room as well as the other, I promised I would tip well to try to counter any inconvenience. She told me to check back at 3. So either I'm down there at 3, or stuck with the airport/parking lot view. Don't know whether to unpack or wait. Grrrrr!
PROS: Clean room; very comfortable bed; good Lavazza coffee in the room; spacious room
CONS: Parking lot view; front desk sort of helpful, but mostly seemed unable to rectify situation

Room Tip: Don't have one since choosing a room does not seem an option here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visiting in WPB. Beautiful grounds and convenient location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast buffy. The room was clean and updated however it was extremely damp. Water was running down the inside windows with or without the A/C on. The only other inconvenience was the elevator. Both mornings we were there one of the elevators was not working. However, they were quick to respond and had it running within a short time.

Room Tip: Our room had safe deposit but no refrigerator. Unsure if this is provided with some rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

During a prior career, I had regularly attended meetings at the Palm Beach Airport Hilton and, consequently, became acquainted with the hotel and its amenities. More recently, I had to vacate my condominium due to renovations, and I chose this convenient, modern hotel to be my home-away-from-home for a few days. My spacious room featured a king-size bed and an LCD TV, as well as a work area with a large desk and chair where I set up my computer. (There was, of course, free WI-FI.) The mattress was comfortable, and the linens, which included a down comforter and an ample stack of pillows, were higher-end. A basket of fresh towels, an agreeable assortment of toiletries, and a hot soaking shower awaited me in the immaculately maintained bathroom. The windows were heavy, and the walls thick, so I was not bothered by vibration or noise from the airport. The primary restaurant, the Veranda, featured breakfast, lunch, and dinner but was over-priced. Luckily, cold bottled drinks, snack foods, and even boxed sandwiches were available at the newsstand in the lobby for an inexpensive, quick nosh. The hotel also had easy access by car or shuttle bus, as the property is virtually bounded by the PBI airport, Intestate-95 (running N / S), and State Hwy 98 (running E / W). In short, do not expect haute cuisine, a lavish spa, or an ocean view. Do expect all the comforts of home, basic business resources, and very convenient connections for travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

great staff had some problems through no fault of there own. and they went over and above. would stay there anytime. Louis and Louie were the best they made my stay. awesome service and the food was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was surprise that the Hilton was not elaborate as most Hiltons, especially in West Palm Beach. It was beautiful to look at the grounds with Lake Cloud outside the window. There was an outdoor bar and Jacuzzi on the grounds. I was there for a business trip. Having two elevators in one area made the movement of elevators slow with a large group in the hotel.

The food was excellent. They provided champagne at brunch ($19.99 for the whole buffet). The bed was comfortable. However, they will not change linen until 3 days later UNLESS you request it. Well I did place the card on the bed. They did not change my sheets. If I had not pulled the covers back (had two beds), another guest would have gotten to sleep on the sheets. I contacted the desk about it. I stayed for four nights. On the last night I had an apple, Oreo cookies, and water on my dresser. The staff was nice.

The shuttle will pick you up and take you to the airport. The transportation also included a two hour pick up/drop off to City Walk. City Walk has Improv (comedy show), BB King's restaurant, shopping, a large water fountain, etc.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room that you will have prior to taking it. You will know up front if it is good or...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!