“Clean, but amenities listed exist only on the list” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Los Angeles, CA
“Clean, but amenities listed exist only on the list”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Usually, I research where I'm staying very thoroughly, and since I would be spending a lot of time in my room this trip, I spent a bit more time looking into hotels. There were several contenders that fit the bill of clean, good beds, etc., but I booked at this location because of a teaser in the description of the room, "Our spacious one king bed guest rooms offer beautiful views of the heated pool/tiki bar, tranquil Lake Cloud or the impressive Palm Beach Skyline." Also, under "For Your Convenience" on the amenities list, "Ocean/Water View". This made my decision easy. Since I needed to be in my room to write and do work for several days, I would choose the hotel that offered these views since that's very important to me - a good bed, cleanliness, and a good view are my top criteria. I'm here now, and as I write this, I'm looking at a parking lot and the airport. Not the end of the world, but I would have booked at Hilton Gardens or Doubletree or somewhere else had Hilton not touted these views. I wanted to see Florida's terrain, not necessarily Florida's cars and airplanes.
Another odd thing, when I checked in at midnight last night, the front desk asked me if I was sharing a room, and then told me I had already checked in - which I hadn't, so perhaps the room I requested was given to someone else? I went to the front desk at 10 a.m. this morning to see if I could get a different room, front desk told me that if I were to change rooms then housekeeping would have to make my room as well as the other, I promised I would tip well to try to counter any inconvenience. She told me to check back at 3. So either I'm down there at 3, or stuck with the airport/parking lot view. Don't know whether to unpack or wait. Grrrrr!
PROS: Clean room; very comfortable bed; good Lavazza coffee in the room; spacious room
CONS: Parking lot view; front desk sort of helpful, but mostly seemed unable to rectify situation

Room Tip: Don't have one since choosing a room does not seem an option here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visiting in WPB. Beautiful grounds and convenient location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very nice breakfast buffy. The room was clean and updated however it was extremely damp. Water was running down the inside windows with or without the A/C on. The only other inconvenience was the elevator. Both mornings we were there one of the elevators was not working. However, they were quick to respond and had it running within a short time.

Room Tip: Our room had safe deposit but no refrigerator. Unsure if this is provided with some rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
West Palm Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

During a prior career, I had regularly attended meetings at the Palm Beach Airport Hilton and, consequently, became acquainted with the hotel and its amenities. More recently, I had to vacate my condominium due to renovations, and I chose this convenient, modern hotel to be my home-away-from-home for a few days. My spacious room featured a king-size bed and an LCD TV, as well as a work area with a large desk and chair where I set up my computer. (There was, of course, free WI-FI.) The mattress was comfortable, and the linens, which included a down comforter and an ample stack of pillows, were higher-end. A basket of fresh towels, an agreeable assortment of toiletries, and a hot soaking shower awaited me in the immaculately maintained bathroom. The windows were heavy, and the walls thick, so I was not bothered by vibration or noise from the airport. The primary restaurant, the Veranda, featured breakfast, lunch, and dinner but was over-priced. Luckily, cold bottled drinks, snack foods, and even boxed sandwiches were available at the newsstand in the lobby for an inexpensive, quick nosh. The hotel also had easy access by car or shuttle bus, as the property is virtually bounded by the PBI airport, Intestate-95 (running N / S), and State Hwy 98 (running E / W). In short, do not expect haute cuisine, a lavish spa, or an ocean view. Do expect all the comforts of home, basic business resources, and very convenient connections for travel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

great staff had some problems through no fault of there own. and they went over and above. would stay there anytime. Louis and Louie were the best they made my stay. awesome service and the food was great.

Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was surprise that the Hilton was not elaborate as most Hiltons, especially in West Palm Beach. It was beautiful to look at the grounds with Lake Cloud outside the window. There was an outdoor bar and Jacuzzi on the grounds. I was there for a business trip. Having two elevators in one area made the movement of elevators slow with a large group in the hotel.

The food was excellent. They provided champagne at brunch ($19.99 for the whole buffet). The bed was comfortable. However, they will not change linen until 3 days later UNLESS you request it. Well I did place the card on the bed. They did not change my sheets. If I had not pulled the covers back (had two beds), another guest would have gotten to sleep on the sheets. I contacted the desk about it. I stayed for four nights. On the last night I had an apple, Oreo cookies, and water on my dresser. The staff was nice.

The shuttle will pick you up and take you to the airport. The transportation also included a two hour pick up/drop off to City Walk. City Walk has Improv (comedy show), BB King's restaurant, shopping, a large water fountain, etc.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room that you will have prior to taking it. You will know up front if it is good or...
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

First, it smelled. The lobby, the pool bar, the hallways and the rooms. Good old Florida humid, moldy, stank. Beds just horrible - lumpy, soft and smelly. Food at the pool bar war horrible except the fries. Not impressed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houman E, General Manager at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stays with us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed in your experience and will share your comments on cleanliness concerns and amenity quality with our team so we may continually work to improve our guests’ satisfaction. I apologize for the unpleasant odor you encountered and will work with our housekeeping team to better freshen our guest rooms and common areas moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us again should you return to the area so we can show you the quality service and stay you expect and deserve from us.
It would be great if you could call us to discuss some of these issues in further detail to 561-684-9400 or e-mail me at houman.etemadi@hilton.com .

Kind Regards
Houman Etemadi
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Staff was great, bartenders were friendly, room was clean and well-appointed, internet worked fine & was free, business for my fiance and pleasure for me, had a service dog with me and had no problems - if I were on vacation I would want to go somewhere where I could easily walk to things and while the little lake behind was nice the highway makes it much more industrial - great for business trips though.

Room Tip: less airport noise in the parking lot side of the building if that's an issue
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houman E, General Manager at Hilton Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am sincerely pleased that your view was such a pleasant surprise during your stay with us. Day or night, the sights can truly be breathtaking and we appreciate your beautiful description of your experience. It’s always nice to learn how our guest’s spend their valued time with us and we’re delighted that our location worked out so well for you. We truly appreciate that you’ve recommended the Hilton Pal Beach Airport for business travelers and families on vacation! Thank you for sharing your review and no matter the occasion, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Hilton Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!