“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
South Florida, Florida
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed five days at this property. It was the perfect location for what we were looking for. Very close to the Airport. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Staff is very friendly and efficient and in particular a young lady who is a manager at the front desk, i believe her name is Lina. Great customer service. We will be back if back in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice and i have to say i really enjoy both visit. The location of the hotel is close to the airport which is great if you have to wake up early. Even though it is close to the airport i have never had a bad experience with the airplane landing being to loud. There is a great pool area that you can enjoy a bar and a nice meal. There is also two restaurant in the hotel the cheapest meal is about 15 dollars.
One negative for this hotel - nothing is free so pack some oatmeal or a meal bar to start your day off if you don't want to spend a lot on breakfast

Nice hotel both family friendly and perfect for the business traveler.

Room Tip: ask for the pool side view rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I came for a weekend in early June for a combined business/weekend away trip. The hotel is literally next to the airport, but it's easy to forget this as it was very quiet and has a very nice resort feel to the pool/poolside bar and due to the large pond outside.

The hotel is older, but well maintained and clean. The room was comfortable, the air conditioning worked well, and we slept well.

I think it's a great choice for someone who needs to stay near the airport for whatever reason--airport hotels tend to be lacking in character, but this one was not due to the surroundings (pool, pond, etc). Otherwise, I would suggest staying closer to downtown West Palm Beach for access to the large City Place mall/entertainment/restaurant district and water views.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

In contrast to many of the reviews on here, my experience was very nice. While I prefer to stay at the various Marriott brands, I was able to score my 4 day/3 night stay for $87 a night through Expedia.

From what I saw, the hotel was very well kept. The room was sized well (double), with a bathroom loaded with free toiletries. The bed was very comfortable as well. What I enjoyed the most was the pool. The hotel had ample space outside with lots of chairs and tables with a good sized pool, especially for an airport hotel. There was also a deck expansion into the waterway with some more private chairs (minus the occasional jet skier or private boat). Best of all, there was a full service tiki- bar with the option to buy food.

Other hotel services included free Wi-Fi (this was surprising to me since most Hiltons do not offer this), a free business center, bar/club, restaurant, and a cafe brewing Starbucks. Plus, there was plenty of free parking.
!
The hotel was also conveniently located and accessible to the Palm Beach Area.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay at a good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Before I even get into the review...this was probably one of the worst nights I have ever spent in a hotel in almost 10 years I have been traveling for work. The only reason I did not give this only 1 star is because I have stayed here in the past many times and I have had very pleasant experiences. This unfortunately was not one of those. To start the room which i was given had an a/c that was extremely noisy. At around 1:00am it started to get really hot. Finally at around 3:00am I woke up to find a huge welt on my arm. I thought maybe when I went outside that night I may have been bitten by a bug. I got up and went to the bathroom and washed it with soap and when I returned to my bed I laid down and as I glanced to my side I noticed a roach on my pillow. My first instinct was to kill it with my hand, which I did. Now I have a dead roach, a dirty pillow and a hand with roach guts to deal with. I was very upset. I decided I would tough it out. Traveling for a living, this was not the worst I had seen. So after cleaning up extensively, I finally laid down again. It was now close to 4:00am. As I am trying to get comfortable, I laid down and saw yet another roach on the BED! Again instincts set in and after another hour of cleaning my hand and the everything else! I decided that enough was enough and I was no longer going to stay in this room. As I looked around the room (now paranoid and noticeably paying attention to everything), I noticed food crumbs, nail clippings, and other trash scattered on the carpet. No vacuum at all had even touched the floor before I came in here, and if it did that person should be let go because the floor was absolutely filthy. After I showered, packed my bags, and went down to the lobby, I informed the front desk of the situation. To be fair, they did apologize and I was given another room on the superior floor( or a similar name). The room was not anything special and was in fact a little more out dated, however it was clean and did not have any bugs. It also included a working a/c. Being a diamond Hilton member I expected a bit more in terms of compensation, especially since I am very loyal to their brand, however it didn't seem to work out that way. I still will stay at other Hilton's, however when my travels bring me to WPB, which they usually do, I will stay at a non-Hilton property on my company's preferred list from here on out. I most definitely do not recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: If you stay here I reccomend a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton for only one night, but had no trouble with hot water (8th floor) and were happy with how high the shower head was placed. The bed was comfortable and though the hotel is older, it was very clean and nicely updated. As previously mentioned, the soaps, shampoo, etc. are exceptional. The food in Club 10 was also very good. I would stay there again if traveling through the area.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Friendly staff is somewhat at a loss against an aging centralized boiler. Had to catch an early morning flight out of PBI and was looking forward to a good shower to wake me up ahead of a long haul flight across the Unites States. Unfortunately, running the hot water in the shower for 15 minutes was not long enough for the hot water from the central boiler to reach my room on the 3rd floor before I had to give up in order not to miss my flight... When I contacted reception, their only suggestion was to "run it a little longer" as there was "hot water on the ground floor". Not acceptable for a Hilton hotel in Florida. No discount possible either since I had pre-paid. Lessons learned: if you are planning to keep up your personal hygiene in the wee hours, request a ground floor room - OR STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms if you want to shower with hot water in the am.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!