“Midnight Dredges” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Arlington, Texas
“Midnight Dredges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had to escalate our arrival to Florida by one day, and last minute secured a hotel room thru Priceline. Although, it wasn't a inexpensive rate, out midnight check-in availed us the last handicap rooms, with one double bed...not queen. I didn't blink when they said this was all they had...but secretly wondered if this was the priceline standard...no bed guarantee...except it sleeps 2! Oh well, one night.

We could hardly turn over, if not in unison. It was rather funny until 2am, when I stumbled to the hide-a-bed couch, and unfolded, and sheeted it as my retreat from a cliff edge perch. Finally fell asleep crosswise on this bed to avoid the bar in the back, but thankful for even this option.

Pancake house a short walk down Belvedere. Wifi good. Pretty pool. Free airport shuttle, and also to Tri train station.

Room Tip: Refuse a double bed room...don't let them call it a Queen
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Balann, though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please accept our sincere apologies because you were not able to have the good night's rest that you deserve. Unfortunately when reservations are made through other companies, like Priceline, it reserves a room but not a room type; therefore, when the hotel is full we can only offer the room types that we have available at the moment. We do hope that if you come back to the area that you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is!

Christine Petersson - Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Best travel decision! Service is "TIP TOP" Booked hotel to do an overnight, leave car and airport transfers. This property delivered across-the-board. Needing wheelchair assistance, they exceeded my expectations. I felt they really cared about helping me. Room Service was not only prompt...but the Blue Cheese Burger was excellent and cooked to perfection! Bed was very comfortable - enhanced withsoft/smoothe high quality linens. Very clean bathroom as well entire room. Stand-out management & staff incl. Scott Cotton (Mgr.) Paul Romero (Sales) Bob (Valet/shuttle driver) Robert (Room Service...said burger is great and was right) also Maria and Holly from Front Desk ... yes, just one overnight stay was that friendly to remember names. Each one made a positive difference for a pleasant stay! . I will return & return!

Room Tip: If you have a special need (I needed a wheelchair) they will fulfill your needs and requests. They p...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you very much Sa11y4th for sharing your thoughts! It is very rewarding to know that our team exceeded your expectations and made such an impact during your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Hotel itself was just OK. Nothing bad about it. It was clean, the workers were nice and welcoming, it just seemed to be a Hang out spot. I didn't feel like I was on vacation. There were people hanging in the lobby area talking loudly, there were people hanging outside smoking cigarettes. Just not what I expected.

But overall, no complaints about the room. It was clean, and quiet. And, the BED was OH SOOOOO wonderful. We got a great deal on it so , for the price I give it 4 stars. If I had paid full price, I would not be so OK about it. Oh and the LOCATION was great!

Room Tip: Try to get the Higher floors. You wont hear the noise from below if so.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Good Evening Lovelifeandtravel, I am so sorry to hear that part of your experience at out hotel was not up to your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, helps us grow and target problem areas to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. On the other hand, we are pleased to hear that you were able to have a great nights rest and enjoy what the area had to offer. We want every guest to leave extremely satisfied; therefore, we hope you give us another chance if your travels bring you back to this area.
Aventura, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed here with my friend and didn't expect much because of the reasonable price. I was surprised to discover the hotel was in pretty good shape! The inside is clean and polished, and I liked the layout of the front desk, which allowed employees to help different guests at the same time, so I didn't have to wait in a line which I absolutely hate. I was even more impressed with the staff. There was a guy at the front desk named Scott Cotton and he knew everything about the area. He gave us a bunch of pamphlets and directions and hooked us up with the free shuttle so we didn't have to worry about a sober driver. We felt like we had our own tour guide! The girl who checked us in was efficient and told us to call her if we needed anything. I think her name tag said Tanya, but she said she goes by "T." The hotel had a bar and restaurant that don't look like anything special, but have amazing drinks and delicious food. Our bartender Lisa was willing to create new drinks for us and the food was so good we got the chef's name, Walner. The pool was nice too, and the room was just like any other. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you 203Traveler13 for your great review about our Hotel! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and our staff was very helpful and accommodating to your needs. We look forward to your next visit!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Could not say more about the front desk. "Tee" at the front desk was awesome at check in. Scott Cotton is great as a supervisor always smiling and knows all the great places in W.P.B. to go. Lisa in the lounge is great. Chef Walner one of the best steaks I've ever had. Everyone at the hotel is so nice. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Pinecrest, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my sons. The walls were paper thin. I could hear the entire phone conversation that my neighbor was having and could even hear what the other person was saying on the other end of his cell phone! My kids got stuck in the service elevator which should not be accessible to the public. The management didn't know that any one was stuck in the elevator until I notified them. There is a club on the property and on Saturday night there was absolutely no where for guests to park. Front desk staff ranged from pleasant to clueless. I felt that I overpaid for what I got out of the deal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Jaimie C,
We appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback about your stay with us. We apologize for the challenges you encountered during your visit at our hotel. We promise this is not the norm of our guest experience. As for the establishment text door, unfortunately they are not affiliated with our hotel. We will do our best to make sure this is communicated to that establishment. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you, please contact us to 561-659-3880. Thank you!
Palmetto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Perfect location, upscale hotel close to airport and I-95. Good food and great bar. Free parking and plenty of it. Great friendly staff. Clean and updated large rooms. Building has been updated everything is new. Hotel pricing can be leveraged through Priceline bidding. We have successfully bid this area and almost always get this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIWESTPALM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you Nancy N for a great review! We are pleased to hear that our entire team provided you with attentive and friendly service. Thank you again and we hope you continue to choose us on your next visit to this area.
Christine Petersson - Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center? Share your experiences!