“Not impressed with staff” 3 of 5 stars

Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33406   |
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Oak Grove, Missouri
“Not impressed with staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night and it was ok, just needed place to sleep. Breakfast was not impressive and over before 9. But flight out was delayed a day so we stayed again. Pool was nice but went to office for towels and they couldn't give us any, said they would bring them to pool. Waited about 20 more minutes and they never brought towels. I even called to remind them. So went to room and called again, 2 hours later nothing. Went back into office and they finally sent someone to the room with blankets and towels we had been asking for. In time to go to bed. Beds were ok. First night we had comforter second night we didn't. Location was good, price ok. If ya just need a bed to sleep on, it's ok. Oh and I agree there definitely were some creepy guys walking around pool area

• Stayed July 2014
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Front Desk crew and night police officers in our security team to address any concerns and issues once the Front Desk staff has been noticed.
Our breakfast is continental which is advertised and starts at 6am till 9am.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope we could service you better on your next visit.
Looking forward to serve again so we can show you our improvements.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Middle Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for its proximity to the airport. When I checked in during the day I was a little leary of some of the type of guests and was a woman traveling alone. I went back to check out a few hours later because I didn't feel safe and my instincts were right. The doors are outside and to get to my room I had to pass a dozen or so men drinking in various places in the parking lot. I didn't even feel safe trying to get my things out of the room. There are just people hanging out everywhere. The room seemed ok but with all this going on right outside the doors is unnerving. Maybe it's the area? Just very sketchy.

• Stayed June 2014
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on you recent stay with us.
Front Desk crew and night police officers in our security team are ready to address any concerns and issues once the Front Desk staff has been noticed.
I am sorry that you did not call the FD so we could have taken care of any issues you had.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel, and we hope to see you again.
Best regards
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Its a nice hotel the rooms are nice... You can't ask for much more for the price they give you. They say they have free breakfast that you make your own breakfast I'll see how that goes in the morning...great pool nice atmosphere

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I would like you to know that we take our customers comment very seriously as we try to improve our self’s to provide our guest the best customer service.
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you in the further.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
Sincerly
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here last night. The room was of fair value (large comfortable beds, standard tv, mirror) aside from the intense stench or urine coming from the bathroom. It was absolutely disgusting. I almost considered walking to ihop to use their bathrooms.

Upon the morning of check out, housekeeping knocked on our door at 9:30am, proceeded to open it after we announced our presence. This happened AGAIN at 10:45am. I called for late check out around 11:30 because now at this point we had been woken twice and had difficulty falling back asleep due to loud banging coming from the room next to us. At 12:30 as we were doing our last look through of the room before our departure, the floor manager popped by to hurry us out. She opened the door on after half or a knock. Apparently it is in this Inn's policy to harass its guests.

The one positive point that needs mention was the lovely woman at the front desk upon check in. She was delightful.

I do NOT recommend this hotel and will NOT be returning.

• Stayed May 2014
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I would like to inform you that our Housekeeping department does not start till 10.00 am on Sundays, in addition you did not have a do not disturb sign on your door.
We received a call from you informing us if a refund was not provided to you , you would be posting notes to Trip Advisor.
Please accept my apology for not resolving this matter to everyone's satisfaction.
sincerely,
Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I arrived at the hotel very late at night. When the taxi pulled up, the first thing I noticed was the police/security car sitting outside. Not a great first impression. However, when I walked to reception, the young lady on duty was very welcoming and was happy to share a laugh with a weary traveller.

As for the room itself, it was fine and provided me with exactly what I was looking for - a bed for the night and shower in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
sincerly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We arrived to a damp musty smelling room with damp carpets and found nats and flies periodically flying around the room. When getting ready to check out found 2 bed bugs in the bed and told the person at the front desk who smirked and said "sorry for the inconvenience". Most disgusting hotel I have EVER stayed in!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I would like you to know that we take our customers comments very seriously and take action on the issues ASAP.
I wish you have called the Front Desk for a room change , at the same time please be assured that the issue you've raised have ben addressed and appropriate action has been taken.
We apologize and thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed here previously and had a positive experience. So perhaps my stay on April 4 was an anomaly. After a night interrupted by noisy revelers walking by my door (it was a Friday night), 3 cars' alarm systems blaring in the parking lot (it is a sketchy area), and pre-dawn truck engines revving to life, I was looking forward to a nice hot shower. There was no hot water...not even lukewarm. I reported the problem to a lackadaisical woman at the front desk. In fact, I repeatedly reported this across the next several hours, to no avail. I asked to use any room's shower and was told that I could "move rooms". Since my husband, dog and I had considerable baggage, this would have been a hardship. All I wanted was a 10 minute shower! Apparently, that was not possible. I then asked for a refund. The woman at the front desk tried to evade me by helping others but I persisted. I was told that I would have to talk with the manager who was not there, was on the phone, was checking rooms (all feeble excuses intended to buy time in hopes that I would disappear). I figured out who the manager was and followed her around for awhile in hopes of getting her attention. But she was too busy on her cell to tend to her customers. Having to leave to catch a plane, I left a note requesting that the manager arrange a refund...and promising to submit this review to TA. I have received no refund. There are many hotels in West Palm Beach: look elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I am concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.

The hotel has police officer during the evening as security , if the Front Desk was called on the disturbing nose we would have sent someone to take care of the situation ASAP.
I am sure you would understand that mechanical failure is not a situation we can control, we had a hot water issues which we address immediately by calling a repair service which arrived in the next hour and was able to fix the issue and we had hot water in 3 hours.
Again I thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Been to Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!