“Adequate hotel in dodgy area” 3 of 5 stars

Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33406   |
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland
“Adequate hotel in dodgy area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I arrived at the hotel very late at night. When the taxi pulled up, the first thing I noticed was the police/security car sitting outside. Not a great first impression. However, when I walked to reception, the young lady on duty was very welcoming and was happy to share a laugh with a weary traveller.

As for the room itself, it was fine and provided me with exactly what I was looking for - a bed for the night and shower in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on you recent stay with us.
I would like you to know that we take our customers comment very seriously as we try to improve our self’s to provide our guest the best customer service.
It is refreshing to know that our team members made your stay an enjoyable one and we hope to serve you in the further.
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel
sincerly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We arrived to a damp musty smelling room with damp carpets and found nats and flies periodically flying around the room. When getting ready to check out found 2 bed bugs in the bed and told the person at the front desk who smirked and said "sorry for the inconvenience". Most disgusting hotel I have EVER stayed in!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I wish you have called the Front Desk for a room change , at the same time please be assured that the issue you've raised have ben addressed and appropriate action has been taken.
We apologize and thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed here previously and had a positive experience. So perhaps my stay on April 4 was an anomaly. After a night interrupted by noisy revelers walking by my door (it was a Friday night), 3 cars' alarm systems blaring in the parking lot (it is a sketchy area), and pre-dawn truck engines revving to life, I was looking forward to a nice hot shower. There was no hot water...not even lukewarm. I reported the problem to a lackadaisical woman at the front desk. In fact, I repeatedly reported this across the next several hours, to no avail. I asked to use any room's shower and was told that I could "move rooms". Since my husband, dog and I had considerable baggage, this would have been a hardship. All I wanted was a 10 minute shower! Apparently, that was not possible. I then asked for a refund. The woman at the front desk tried to evade me by helping others but I persisted. I was told that I would have to talk with the manager who was not there, was on the phone, was checking rooms (all feeble excuses intended to buy time in hopes that I would disappear). I figured out who the manager was and followed her around for awhile in hopes of getting her attention. But she was too busy on her cell to tend to her customers. Having to leave to catch a plane, I left a note requesting that the manager arrange a refund...and promising to submit this review to TA. I have received no refund. There are many hotels in West Palm Beach: look elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
I am concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.

The hotel has police officer during the evening as security , if the Front Desk was called on the disturbing nose we would have sent someone to take care of the situation ASAP.
I am sure you would understand that mechanical failure is not a situation we can control, we had a hot water issues which we address immediately by calling a repair service which arrived in the next hour and was able to fix the issue and we had hot water in 3 hours.
Again I thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Horrible place. First, we checked in (after two clerks ignored us for 5 minutes while they were on the phone - a "hello" would have sufficed until they were off) and were given a key to a room that was occupied and had the persons bag and purse right there - how's that for security?! All night there were people yelling in the parking lot and someone banged on a door and yelled for 45 minutes. When we left at 4am for our flight, there was a policeman in the parking lot and a number of unsavoury characters hanging around.
NEVER STAY THERE!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to say Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I would like you to know that we take our customers comments very seriously and take action on the issues ASAP. we have a 24/7 Front Desk crew and night police officers in our security team to address any concerns and issues once the Front Desk staff has been noticed.
The police officers we use are part of the West Palm Beach Police Force and we never had an issue or any guest concerns with them but I will share your concerns with them.
When the hotel is full the desk clerks do there best to help as many guest as they can and respond to phone calls as well, we are sorry you had to wait.
Looking forward to serve again so we can show you our improvements.
regards,
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

You will love your stay if you love roahes! When we opened the door to our room, we immediately noticed a roach run off the table. There were 5 cockroaches in this room alone, including the tub, before we ran out! While inspecting the room, there was unidentifiable substances on the chair. In the second room, we couldn't even walk in because there was a roach on the door--and on the ceiling and the furniture. Oh, and beware of the peep hole... one was in there too. At this point, we were so grossed out that we went to a different hotel next door!

• Stayed March 2014
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are sorry that you have not given us as call so we could have taken scare of all your issue , a large amount of our guest has been happy with the service we have provided them we are sorry we could not do the same for you.
Regards
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at this overpriced MOTEL for 8 hours. The main reason I selected this motel was because I was flying into PBI at the last minute and very late. I wanted a hotel with airport shuttle service. I did not find out until after booking my room that their shuttle only runs until 11p. I should have just stayed at a cheaper hotel and paid for the $6 cab ride.
The room was clean, but there was a stale/mildew smell. I checked in very late and even called the Stay Inn in advance to let to confirm my booking, and to also advise them that I would be arriving after midnight. At check in I was given a map of the property and my keys. My room was on the second floor in the back of the motel community. I would not have mind being so far from the front desk if this was a actual hotel with an elevator accessible via the lobby, but this was not the case. I had to walk outside basically in the parking lot and down a hallway to an elevator then even further to my room which was conveniently located on the other side of the property.

The following morning I was awaken by the housekeeper bursting into my room because the room did not have a Do Not Disturb sign. At check out the agent was not helpful at all. She took the room keys back and just let me stand there waiting for some form of communication. 3 minutes later she finally tells me we were done, but never offered me a receipt for my room charges or even thanked me for my business. I inquired about the complimentary shuttle to the airport and 15 minutes later after they could not find "Sam the van driver," the manager drove myself and another guest to the airport in her personal vehicle.

Needless to say I wont be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Please keep in mind that when we are busy and close to a sale out we can only give rooms we have available.
In addition I was the manager that took you to the airport as I did not wanted you to wait more than 5 minutes and during our ride to the airport I asked you how your stay was your respond was great thank you.
I wish you had addressed all the issues during your ride to the airport so I could responded.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.
Meriden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We needed a place to stay near the West Palm airport and were pleased to find this hotel at a reasonable price. We made a request for an early shuttle to the airport and the driver was waiting for us. The do offer breakfast but didn't have time to have other anything but coffee

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
floridapalmbeach, General Manager at Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Stay Inn West Palm Beach Hotel

Been to Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!