“Enjoyable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes

You added BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., West Palm Beach, FL 33401-2023   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Rapid City, United States
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The service is excellent. Pool area is kept very clean and folige is beautiful. The location to the airport is great, and it is only minutes to the beaches or shopping. There is also good dining places in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Carolyn K,
Thank you for your top review. I am glad to find you enjoyed the lovely courtyard pool area. Please visit us again.
Michael Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
leesburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a great hotel. It is resort looking and the staff is great. It will be even better when the mall acrossed the road is finished. The breakfast in nice and the hotel employees are polite and friendly. They make you feel at home and are very willing to help.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I just recently stayed here with a large group on business over Thanksgiving. I stay at hotels 200 nights a year, and it has to be one of the worst I've stayed at. I was there 15 nights.

The rooms were not ready when I arrived for check-in after a 10 hour drive, even though my company sent all the information to the hotel and the staff missed the additional day. Then they tried to force us into a smoking room, and I stood my ground then they finally found a room for us. We did half to check out the next morning and change rooms again because they said I couldn't keep that room. The staff were very unfriendly towards us staying there, it was almost as they didn't want us there...

They then turned the water off for 5 hours during one day without any warning, and when they promised to turn it back on by 2pm, it wasn't until well after 4pm it was restored. I had to go to work without any shower, or even the ability to wash my face or brush my teeth....

The room was beyond disgusting. There were nasty boogers and blood on the walls, the carpet was stained and every time the AC came on the smell of mold was very strong. I had consent problems with what appeared to be little ants or terminates in the bathroom all over the place, as well numerous cockroaches (LARGE ONES!).

The internet was useless, constantly says "too many users logged in"

The courtyard was a great place to hang out, until they started turning on the sprinklers at 9pm when we were having a beer outside. They need to put less time into the center courtyard, and some work into the rooms! I did everything to avoid being in the room and hung out in the courtyard as much as possible.

Find another place to stay until they get their act together!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear NYC_SoundGuy,
Thank you for taking the time to offer a review of your recent stay. Traditionally when a guest has an issue they bring it to the hotel staff's attention when in house so we can resolve it immediately. It is unfortunate your choice of some verbiage is in bad taste. It would be a pleasure to personally speak with you regarding these issues you mentioned, as in my research we had no incidences reported during your stay with these items except for the Water Main Break which was something beyond our control as it was the city water line just outside the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you so we can resolve this to your satisfaction and address all issues accordingly.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The overall experience is great. The wifi is not working too well in the room but once out in the public area it worked great. The breakfast was standard. The in room fridge and microwave are old but working.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'm a little shocked to see all the glowing reviews of this place. It's fine, but it's not amazing. I stayed here for a week on business. The exterior of the hotel is a little dilapidated and I was not impressed when we pulled up. I was part of a large group and all of our rooms were not ready when we arrived in the afternoon. The room is a basic hotel room. We had fridges and microwaves but I don't know if that is always the case or if our company contracted that for us. Room quality varies greatly. Some rooms are in the front office part, some look at the pool, and some look at the parking lot. I would ask for a pool view room not in the main office part of the building. The pool area is the best part of the hotel. Lots of chairs, cute seating areas, life size chess, our group enjoyed hanging outdoors in the common areas. The hotel is not near anything or in a great part of town. You can walk to a convenience store with a Dunkin Donuts in it or Best Buy. That's about it and I wouldn't walk there at night. I don't know the price of the room as I was on business but I have a hard time believing that there isn't a better choice in West Palm. . .not that my experience was bad, it just was amazing.

Room Tip: Pool View room not in the Main Office Building are the Best!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stacypay,
Thank you for your candid review of our Best Western. You are correct that we have many different types of rooms, all to meet our guests budget and requests. I am sorry the new Palm Beach Outlet Mall just Next Door was not opened yet as their grand opening is scheduled for February 14, 2014. We have just completed a room renovation of our front building and those rooms do have a premium. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
St. Augustine, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Palm Beach Lakes Best Western at least two a year for the last ten years. We have found the atmosphere friendly, the motel clean and comfortable, the breakfast fine, and the location excellent. Of special note is Ron, who has checked us in and out each time. He makes that process actually enjoyable with his competence and his friendliness. We would recommend it without hesitation

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have stayed ion this hotel three times over the last month. I have to say the staff is wonderful! For a one time $20.00 fee they will drive you just about anywhere whenever in the courtesy van. Whoever drives you is full of local knowledge, and they, like the rest of the staff will go out of their way for you. Try to stay in the 'courtyard area'. There is a barbeque you can use (A huge target right next store for food, etc). The pool is big enough. There are plenty of outdoor tables. Many families just bring their food their after a long day and eat poolside. The breakfast is standard .. but if you like the waffles there is plenty of them as well as anything else.
I would truly recommend this place for family gatherings, especially if you can all get first floor courtyard rooms!
You may notice there is construction across the street .. don't worry you don't hear any of it.
I would NOT suggest the Chinese Buffet located across the street.
Don't be scared by this hotel's affordability! It is a place where you can relax!

Room Tip: Chose an inside room around the pool area .. preferably first floor :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Palm Beach Lakes? Share your experiences!