“Rooms were even better than expected.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Rooms were even better than expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here one night. Afterwards we could have stayed more nights but our other hotel was already booked unfortunately. If you are looking for an hotel while you are on the road and want to explore palm beach this would be an excellent choice. The hotel offers more than expected for its price.

The best thing about the hotel are its rooms. They are very spacious and they really do have everything you need. We had a standard room. At entrance you had the living area with a small kitchen, tv, coach, dinner table, fridge etc.. actually everything a small apartment has. The bathroom was also very spacious, it even had a make up table. Lastly the sleeping area. was also fine. It had a central AC so there was no noise. However you could hear some noise from outside as it was next to the freeway. But we were out a lot so every time we came home we were knock out for sleep till the next morning.

When I read the reviews and saw that it was next to the freeway I thought it would really look like those "fast" hotels just for a one night stay. But the opposite is true. the hotel is also next to a lake and the surroundings are actually very nice. The interior of the hotel is also very well maintained and has an inviting look.

The check in was also very fast and pleasant. They even had a complementary get together, with drinks and snacks the night we arrived. The breakfast is also ok. It is actually the same hot breakfast you get at any 3star hotel which offers a hot breakfast.

Overall very good value for your money hotel, which offers the extra space if needed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear kimberleyevita,

I am so glad to find we exceeded your expectations. We know it is a constant journey and we welcome the challenge to continue to be the number 1 hotel in West Palm Beach by Tripadvisor travelers. Being a Senior Contributor I am sure you have many stories and we are grateful you had a great story to tell of our Hawthorn Suites. Please visit again.

Warmest Regards,

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I chose the Hawthorn Suites based on other Tripadvisor reviews. I had a 3 night stay which did not go so well from the very start. Check in was quick, but I wanted to pay cash and was told they still would hold $100 "incidental" fee against my card until check out. I did not like this policy, but was agreeable to keep my reservation. The room was found to be clean, roomy, comfortable and recently renovated. At 3AM there started to be a very loud noise that would not allow sleep, sounding like a vacuum cleaner behind the wall. After 2 hrs trying to sleep and hoping it would stop, I called the front desk and was told there were 5 staff memebers looking for the source of the noise. I requested a room change, and was told "the manager will be in at 7AM and will discuss it with you then". The manager was very apologetic and did offer a discount on the 1st night stay and a free upgrade for the remaining nights. I was told the noise was a plumbing problem between 2 rooms. The hotel appears to be an older renovated building and was being painted outside during our stay (the windows had plastic during our entire stay and the equipment took up half of the parking lot). During my stay I checked my card and found that the hotel had placed a hold of $271 on my card, even though I had paid cash, when I complained I was told the hold was released and my bank was still holding it, and it may last up to 5 days. Some additional notes about the hotel: the location is an easy drive to all WPB tourist attractions. The surrounding area requires hotel security services, and I did see at least 2 non-uniformed security during my entire lenght of stay. It appeared there were staff members living in the hotel, and some staff also were allowed to eat on the breakfast buffet while in uniform. Some notes on cleaning also: both rooms we were in had dirty light fixures, needed some dusting, and vacuuming. Both refrigerators had no ice though there were ice makers inside (no ice buckets avail in hotel, front desk will give you a ziplock bag full of ice). Our first room had only 1 large towel and no washcloths. Staff said they were being washed, and some were brought approx 2 hrs later. The hotel bfst was very good and hot, with an ample variety of food items. There was a 24 hr. beverage bar (coffee/tea) in the lobby, though not always open or well-stocked. On our last day of stay our room keys had been de-activated for no reason and had to be refreshed. Some rooms also had a locked cabinet as a safe box (FYI $250 fee if you lose the key), others had no such cabinet. The hotel desk offers a safe for valuables. During my stay one of the elevators was not functioning properly, then was down, and there is not stairwell to/from the lobby (it only is outside). I wish I could have offered a more favorable review, but unfortunately I was quite dissapointed in my stay with Hawthorn Suites and will not return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarkMichael, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear mayzeeo10,

Forgive me if you had a disappointing stay at our hotel. Our top rated Hawthorn Suites was a new build hotel in 2009 and being in our 5th year we are refreshing the exterior with a fresh paint. This will be an approximate 3 week process and will cause little interruption for our guests except for the brief covering of the windows with clear plastic and the lift being in the parking lot.

Our suites do have automatic ice makers in the full size refrigerators which require our guests to lower the ice arm to begin to make fresh ice, this allows your suite to have fresh ice as well is a green saving measure which we pride ourselves on being environmentally aware. During the (New ice process) we do have immediate ice use bags at the front desk which guests may use while the ice making process is happening, this ice bag can be emptied in the ice bin in your freezer.

I am happy to find you found the location, breakfast offerings enjoyable. The hotel does not have staff members living here although we do have some guests who stay for several months as we are an extended stay hotel with some of the largest suites in the area. As a courtesy to some guests who may not be able to make breakfast due to a personal issue our staff may get a plate together for them and deliver it to them.

I hope you enjoyed your upgrade to our Presidential Suite for 2 of the 3 nights you were here and please offer us the opportunity to host a future stay.

Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean, comfortable, helpful staff. This hotel gets a thumbs up! Only criticism would be breakfast was a bit weak. I will stay here again when in West Palm. Great location lots of parking. Staff helped me pick a nice restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear TomtheWeeklyTraveler,

I am so glad to find your top review of our hotel. We value your comments regarding the clean, comfortable location of our hotel. I am delighted to find our staff shared with you a good dining option. Please visit us again, and thank you for your top review.

Regards,
Newton Centre, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here from December 19, 2012, until March 30, 2013. Hawthorn Suites became "our home", and the staff ~ each and every one ~ became our "Florida family"!! Everything was perfect from the time of our arrival until we had to say, "Goodbye"!! We look forward to returning in December, 2013, and staying in our ""Florida home" until April 30th. There is no place else we would rather be. The staff is professional, friendly, and truly cares about its guests. The hotel is cleaned to perfection constantly. The breakfast is excellent and served in a spectacular room. The laundry room is spotless ~ located on the main floor as are the computer room and the fitness center!!

The rooms are quiet and set up as one-bedroom apartments. The "kitchen" is a wall in the living room area. It contains GE stainless appliances ~ full-size refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove top, dishwasher, garbage disposer, and an ice maker in the freezer!! All necessary dishes and cooking utensils are provided as well as coffee maker, toaster, and colander!! Even the paper towels, dish washing soap, and sponges are provided by the hotel!! The bathrooms are terrific with a high sink, great shower, nice vanity table and fluffy towels. The decor throughout the hotel is elegant ~ always polished and dusted!!! The location off of I-95 at Exit 71 is so convenient and the Kravis Center, Clematis Street, City Place, Palm Beach, and the airport are all "around the corner". Palm Beach Gardens is not too far away!! As we said, Hawthorn Suites in West Palm Beach is perfect!! We highly recommend it!!!

Review written by "N and M"!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same. We think your experience will be perfect, wherever you're placed...