“An adorable restaurant with remarkable customer service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 565 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“An adorable restaurant with remarkable customer service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been to this charming restaurants multiple times. Today I went with my husband and ordered something that I had had many times before. The quiche didn't quite taste right and it appeared much smaller than in the past. When I shared this with the server, she immediately said she would take it back and get me something else. I chose not to do so since I was hungry and we were in a bit of a hurry. As we were leaving, she came out with a bag with the entire lunch that I ordered (complete with quiche, potatoes and salad) for me to take home. She and or tha manager, owner and/or chef did not want anyone to go away unhappy!!!!
Whoever made that decision ought to train other establishments how to keep their customers happy and wanting to return. They went above and beyond!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very rude to me on the phone!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The lady that answered the phone was so rude to me that I will never go eat there ! It was very disappointing since I had heard so many good things about the place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mill Valley, California
“Quirky decor and good lunch food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Antiques Row district of West Palm Beach. (BTW: These shops carry high quality merchandise at better prices than we can get in SF.) There are only a few eating choices along the street, and Belle & Maxwell's looked inviting. The menu had a good variety of lunch choices - sandwiches, salads, etc. My curried chicken salad was dry and served with an Asian dressed salad; the flavors didn't go well, and the dressing was served in an open cruet which you had to cover with your finger while shaking to blend. My husband's brie and vegetable sandwich was bland.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
lymington
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

While on a trip to antique row in West Palm Beach we picked up a leaflet on Belle and maxwells but was told by the shop owner it was an over priced pretentious place, but as there was no where else at the time we thought we would give it a go, and were glad we did, the interior is very quaint, the service was very good, the afternoon coffee and cake was delicious, not often do you get served tea and coffee in the USA in a china cup and saucer, with real cream to go with the coffee, my friend the tea connoisseur raved on the quality of the earl grey and the way it was served, my coffee and cream was delicious, as was the strawberry and rhubarb pie, the almond joy was divine, the owner kindly gave us the recipe, in the short visit we had in the area we returned three times, and each time was as good as the first, would highly recommend

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tuscaloosa Al
“Great South Dixie find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

While working on a project in Palm Beach we found ourselves on South Dixie at lunch time. We wandered into Belle and Maxwell's and found a wonderful dining experience!! I had the lump crab meat salad and have to declare it the "Best" !!! We also split the chocolate pecan pie..Yumm!! The place has a very quirky artsy atmosphere and a very efficient staff. This is a perfect stop for lunch and I would assume dinner when you visit this area of West Palm Beach. Can't wait to return!!

• Visited October 2013