“Excellent hotel, but not in a location with a lot of restaurants...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #17 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent hotel, but not in a location with a lot of restaurants...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel was amazing and after a 3-week cruise, it was just what I needed. A nice, cold, room as well as amazing staff (Star, Lin the Breakfast Attendant, basically all of them were so amazing)... The only bad thing (and for this you cannot blame the staff) about it was that it was located far out from other places. Near the Convention Center, but what Convention Center does not have an ample atmosphere of activity around it? Sure, it was located on the highway (but what use is that when you used the bus and train to get there?), but not having a wide selection of restaurants around it was a negative. As was the $30 I paid for the 5 mile trek to the airport when I read (and was told) that this place had an airport shuttle by someone with Holiday Inn's Main Reservation Center....

Room Tip: If you plan on being in your room during the day, ask for an room not facing the pool. Those kids we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Bouncing around state of Florida for spring break. Headed down to Miami and made it as far as West Palm Beach. We usually like Holiday Inn Express and this one was ok. Stucko walls kinda gross not my liking very old looking. Plus we just picked it out of the blue I thought West Palm beach was a nice town. But I wasn't crazy about this location. They said on the phone that they were a block from beach. I think they exaggerated. Plus there was a "gentleman's club" literally right down the street. Not great when you are coming in at night single mom with kids to see that and a bunch of pickup trucks in the parking lot. But that might just be me!!

Room was ok breakfast was usual. Just wish it looked nicer and was in a better area. My opinion was ehhh it'll do.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear love_da_sea,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. I am glad you mentioned the hotel breakfast. We are very proud of our products and service. However, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the interior of the room and if the location was not to your liking. I have taken note on your comments and will submit this to the manager for future upgrades. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in this Holiday Inn Express the night of March 11th. We checked in at 5 pm on Sunday evening and a couple of things immediately struck my eye. First, my room wasn't ready. I don't know about you, but when a hotel says you can't check in until 4 pm and the room isn't immediately ready when you check in at 5 pm --- you've got a property that has issues. Second, there was another couple checking in while I was waiting to see if my room was ready. He had a receipt, was part of a golf package, and was told they didn't have a room like he had ordered even though the reservation was made a couple of months before arrival. Once my room was "ready", I walked to the elevator with my wife and went to our room. When I was getting ready to go in the room, the golf couple came out the their room -- and told me the refrigerator didn't work, the room was a mess and they wondered how they could get it cleaned. To make a long story short, that was my arrival. I agree with another one of the reviews, this property had a much nicer exterior and lobby than room. I took some pictures of the room, but honestly, this property ranked right up there with Motel 6 instead of Holiday Inn Express.

Good Stuff:

- There was a television that worked well and had a lot of channels to watch
- There was a refrigerator in the room and it did work

Needs Improvement:

- The internet speed for this free High Speed Internet was atrociously slow
- The bathroom had been remodeled or repairs horribly
- Show curtain (cloth outer) was nasty
- Bathtub wasn't particularly clean
- The property wasn't using the well-known Holiday Inn Express soap and amenities. They were using some cheap stuff (See pictures)

Overall, this Holiday Inn Express doesn't measure up to the other HI Express properties I've stayed in over the years. It used to be that if the sign said HI Express, you knew you were in good hands. This one didn't do that for me.

I rated this property 3 of 5. That's comparing it to all hotels. Certainly, I wouldn't give it a 3 compared to other Holiday Inn properties. I will not stay in this property again, but that doesn't me you shouldn't. It was clean, just wasn't the most modern and seemed really disorganized at the front desk. It also just means the room was very Spartan and not representative for a room that routinely charges $140 + in March or HI Express as a whole.

Room Tip: The rooms one the south side of the hotel are probably quieter because they're away from the mai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear samgraham,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our staff and housekeeping. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chedworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here for PGA Golf, very handy for that and downtown West Palm Beach. Large comfortable rooms with all you need, wi fi a little slow and erratic. Very good staff and welcoming also helpful with any questions.
Breakfast was awful, scrambled eggs from powder, sausage patty like shoe leather. Horrible plastic cutlery and polystyrene crockery. The room rated were hiked due to golf and ok, this happens but you feel it more with such bad food. Seems typical in some US chains but would never happen in Europe, food is much better and fresh. Shame.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice business hotels. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. I've stayed at this location several times and have yet to encounter a problem that would prevent me from coming back. The pillows, are soft and firm and an ample amount, but still have much to be desired. However it is hard to find a hotel with a pillow comparable to home. Breakfast is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast but lacks the pancake machine. Coffee was fresh as were the eggs, bread an bacon. My only compliant at this facility is that its time for new shower heads, the typical Florida water has deteriorated the current shower heads affecting their use and appearance. There are not a lot of restaurants in the immediate area except Cracker Barrel, but if you ask at the front desk they will gladly help.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Just got home after 8 days in this hotel. Not the newest or most modern, but clean and friendly. Manager and staff did all they could to accommodate us. Breakfast is soooo yummy. Looked forward to it every day, and it is included with room. Close to necessities and 95, where you can go to get anything you want. Nice business/medical complex for long walks. Absolutely would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just spent a week at this Holiday Inn. We had one of two suites. There are standard rooms too, of course.
Clean, Efficient, priced well; close to major highway (95)
Great, friendly well trained staff. Nice breakfast every morning.
Highly recommend this place for your stay.

Room Tip: We had the suite #219. Great room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre? Share your experiences!