“Holiday Inn Express - In Name Only” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Holiday Inn Express - In Name Only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in this Holiday Inn Express the night of March 11th. We checked in at 5 pm on Sunday evening and a couple of things immediately struck my eye. First, my room wasn't ready. I don't know about you, but when a hotel says you can't check in until 4 pm and the room isn't immediately ready when you check in at 5 pm --- you've got a property that has issues. Second, there was another couple checking in while I was waiting to see if my room was ready. He had a receipt, was part of a golf package, and was told they didn't have a room like he had ordered even though the reservation was made a couple of months before arrival. Once my room was "ready", I walked to the elevator with my wife and went to our room. When I was getting ready to go in the room, the golf couple came out the their room -- and told me the refrigerator didn't work, the room was a mess and they wondered how they could get it cleaned. To make a long story short, that was my arrival. I agree with another one of the reviews, this property had a much nicer exterior and lobby than room. I took some pictures of the room, but honestly, this property ranked right up there with Motel 6 instead of Holiday Inn Express.

Good Stuff:

- There was a television that worked well and had a lot of channels to watch
- There was a refrigerator in the room and it did work

Needs Improvement:

- The internet speed for this free High Speed Internet was atrociously slow
- The bathroom had been remodeled or repairs horribly
- Show curtain (cloth outer) was nasty
- Bathtub wasn't particularly clean
- The property wasn't using the well-known Holiday Inn Express soap and amenities. They were using some cheap stuff (See pictures)

Overall, this Holiday Inn Express doesn't measure up to the other HI Express properties I've stayed in over the years. It used to be that if the sign said HI Express, you knew you were in good hands. This one didn't do that for me.

I rated this property 3 of 5. That's comparing it to all hotels. Certainly, I wouldn't give it a 3 compared to other Holiday Inn properties. I will not stay in this property again, but that doesn't me you shouldn't. It was clean, just wasn't the most modern and seemed really disorganized at the front desk. It also just means the room was very Spartan and not representative for a room that routinely charges $140 + in March or HI Express as a whole.

Room Tip: The rooms one the south side of the hotel are probably quieter because they're away from the mai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear samgraham,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our staff and housekeeping. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chedworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here for PGA Golf, very handy for that and downtown West Palm Beach. Large comfortable rooms with all you need, wi fi a little slow and erratic. Very good staff and welcoming also helpful with any questions.
Breakfast was awful, scrambled eggs from powder, sausage patty like shoe leather. Horrible plastic cutlery and polystyrene crockery. The room rated were hiked due to golf and ok, this happens but you feel it more with such bad food. Seems typical in some US chains but would never happen in Europe, food is much better and fresh. Shame.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice business hotels. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. I've stayed at this location several times and have yet to encounter a problem that would prevent me from coming back. The pillows, are soft and firm and an ample amount, but still have much to be desired. However it is hard to find a hotel with a pillow comparable to home. Breakfast is a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast but lacks the pancake machine. Coffee was fresh as were the eggs, bread an bacon. My only compliant at this facility is that its time for new shower heads, the typical Florida water has deteriorated the current shower heads affecting their use and appearance. There are not a lot of restaurants in the immediate area except Cracker Barrel, but if you ask at the front desk they will gladly help.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Just got home after 8 days in this hotel. Not the newest or most modern, but clean and friendly. Manager and staff did all they could to accommodate us. Breakfast is soooo yummy. Looked forward to it every day, and it is included with room. Close to necessities and 95, where you can go to get anything you want. Nice business/medical complex for long walks. Absolutely would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just spent a week at this Holiday Inn. We had one of two suites. There are standard rooms too, of course.
Clean, Efficient, priced well; close to major highway (95)
Great, friendly well trained staff. Nice breakfast every morning.
Highly recommend this place for your stay.

Room Tip: We had the suite #219. Great room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Okay, my first mistake was using Hotwire. Had I known the hotel I paid for was going to be a Holiday Inn, I never would have used it. Don't be fooled by the lobby. It looks 10 times better than the rooms. Arrived early and was given a room right away, that was a plus. The minus was the internet did not work. I have to say the front desk was helpful with that. After contacting IT and it still not working I was changed to another room where it worked. Unfortunatley the carpet was dirty (sticky) to wear I would not let my feet touch it. But I had working internet and therefore did not compalin. Every employee there was very friendly and helpful which was a major pus. If not for the staff I beleive I would have left there prepaid or not. They all shoud be employed at a better quality hotel. Now I do have one complaint. When I changed rooms I had a visitor who came looking for me. That person went to the old room and somehow was given the new room I was in. As a female traveling alone that is a big NO NO! For security reasons that should never happen!!! But again the peope there were so nice that I let it slide. After extended travel I was looking for somewhere to recup and this hotel did serve that purpose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear c0960,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for our staff. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the not up to par experience you had specifically with the cleanliness of the room. I assure you that all your comments will be looked into. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Karen G.
WA state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Neighborhood seemed to be a couple of business parks, extremely wide streets, residential; quiet, near I95 access. Usual lobby, efficient clerk. Had to call twice for towels--none in room when we checked in, then they didn't bring enough. Plain room, BR wall badly marred by behind-the-door hook - could be covered by a tile or metal plate. Some deterioration of caulking around tub that was unsightly. Two sitting chairs...one large fabric covered (I prefer coverings that can be washed between customers), one desk chair. Bed too soft, sheets impossible to make tidy, no third sheet to cover blanket probably used by multiple tenants. Older facility - dreary hallway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear travelorWAstate,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the condition of the room as your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites MetroCentre? Share your experiences!