“Another good stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke Indiana
“Another good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visit this location at least once a year. It continues to meet the Hampton expecations. This visit the front desk wasn't performing at its best, but the room and location is worth the effort. Will return again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wiley Ford, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

After numerous stays and tolerating the remodeling work and swearing I would not return, I ate my words and returned. The newly remodeled rooms are nice. nothing special. Bad thing is, when I am staying at this hotel, I normally spend quite a lot of time in my room working on my laptop. Since the rooms have been remodeled, the HVAC system is beside the desk. It is extremely uncomfortable trying to sit there with the air conditioning blowing across you. A little effort on behalf of the staff would result in the furniture being rearranged so that this does not happen. It is very irritating. Be careful looking at the hotel web site. All of the photographs are not of this property. Many are of the Hilton Garden Inn next door. Agreed, they are sister properties, but a little unethical in my opinion. Also on this particular stay, the hotel was inundated with construction workers who decided it was a good place to spend their evenings in front of the hotel drinking beer and using every foul mouthed word possible. No respect was given to families with children, or to anyone else for that matter. I repeatedly commented to the front desk that it was embarrassing to be a guest here and have to witness this every evening. No one seemed to care. I also sent these sentiments directly to the Hampton web site twice. They never replied, so apparently no one cares. Problems like these normally have a way of working themselves out. When the business closes, that will be the solution.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Problems from the second we walked in. We had paid in full in advance through the Hampton/Hilton website two weeks prior to our stay (it was a special rate for advanced payment). The hotel did not have record of the rooms being paid for, and when I told the clerk, she told me that I was wrong, and the rooms had not been paid for. She changed her position when I showed her my online bank statement showing the withdrawl, but it was too late, she had already basically called me a liar. She then did nothing, and acted as if she didn't know what to do to correct the problem. I stood at the desk and called Hilton's 800 number while the clerk did NOTHING until she heard me talking to my girlfriend (while on hold) about how annoyed I was, and how this would once again be addressed through the Hilton CEO. THEN she got on her phone and called someone attempting to correct the problem. She had already charged my credit card for the rooms and advised me that the charges couldn't be taken off until the following day. We then checked in to well-appointed rooms, but the toilet in one of the rooms wasn't working. We decided to relax by the pool for awhile, but was told by a maintenance man on the way there that the pool was closed due to an algae issue.
It was one thing after another. I do believe this can be and probably often is a fine place to stay, but Hilton should really step in with some customer service training at this location. In all fairness, the rooms were pretty clean, nicely decorated, and the hotel overall is above average.

Room Tip: The bedroom suites are very nice and spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cartersville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

What can you say, " another SOLID stay at a Hampton."
I thought the bacon and french toast was a change from what most Hamptons serve for breakfast. And the outside garden is a nice touch....Nice place to stay close to the airport:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The lobby is large and spread out didn't feel like our group was on top of family reunion going on however the pool area was very small strange garden patio that was not kept up like the rest of the hotel. The front desk staff was helpful and very sweet.

• Stayed July 2012
springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stay was good however, it was a little loud in the hallway at times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had hoped it was just the renovation that caused the staff to be less than at their best, but after reading other reviews, I may have given them too much credit. When I arrived, the lobby was under renovation (there was no indication of this on the HiltonHonors web site). The front desk was at a temporary location, so I was inclined to chalk up problems to the chaos of construction. The room I reserved was not what I got, but this happens, and the room I did get was clean and in good shape. My key card only got programmed for one night, although my stay was for two, so on Tuesday I had to have it reprogrammed. Once again, this does happen from time to time. The desk person's response was to act as though I must have caused the key to not work, which I find irritating and demeaning for them to act as though customers do not know how to take care.
The overall attitude of the staff was that the customers were incidental. No staff member went as far as to be rude, but neither were they welcoming or particularly friendly.

Outside of the staff, the hotel was average. Nothing to brag about. This is another Hilton property that still uses Lodgenet, limiting the available television channels.

The breakfast area was clean and the food was plentiful, but again, nothing exceptional.

I will not be in a hurry to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central Airport? Share your experiences!