“Solidddddddddddddddddddddddddd” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cartersville, Georgia
“Solidddddddddddddddddddddddddd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

What can you say, " another SOLID stay at a Hampton."
I thought the bacon and french toast was a change from what most Hamptons serve for breakfast. And the outside garden is a nice touch....Nice place to stay close to the airport:)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The lobby is large and spread out didn't feel like our group was on top of family reunion going on however the pool area was very small strange garden patio that was not kept up like the rest of the hotel. The front desk staff was helpful and very sweet.

• Stayed July 2012
springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stay was good however, it was a little loud in the hallway at times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had hoped it was just the renovation that caused the staff to be less than at their best, but after reading other reviews, I may have given them too much credit. When I arrived, the lobby was under renovation (there was no indication of this on the HiltonHonors web site). The front desk was at a temporary location, so I was inclined to chalk up problems to the chaos of construction. The room I reserved was not what I got, but this happens, and the room I did get was clean and in good shape. My key card only got programmed for one night, although my stay was for two, so on Tuesday I had to have it reprogrammed. Once again, this does happen from time to time. The desk person's response was to act as though I must have caused the key to not work, which I find irritating and demeaning for them to act as though customers do not know how to take care.
The overall attitude of the staff was that the customers were incidental. No staff member went as far as to be rude, but neither were they welcoming or particularly friendly.

Outside of the staff, the hotel was average. Nothing to brag about. This is another Hilton property that still uses Lodgenet, limiting the available television channels.

The breakfast area was clean and the food was plentiful, but again, nothing exceptional.

I will not be in a hurry to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I paid for 6 nights, but I stayed only 5: I did not use the first night since I was stuck at the Dallas Airport because of a big storm. I called twice to advise them, and also my son called once. In spite of the fact that it was not my fault, but a problem caused by weather, I was immediately told that I was not entitle to any refund for that night.There was constant noise at the hotel because of the renovation. The breakfast was simply disgusting:scrambled eggs that tasted like gummies, old coffee, boiled eggs sitting on a dubious liquid...
I needed a stamp for an urgent letter I had to send, and the rude and arrogant young guy at the reception told me (still a guest at the hotel): go up to your room, take the 45 cent for the stamp, come back , and, THEN, I will give you the stamp" I could not believe to my ears !!!
I reported the fact to the manager, who seemed to care less. In fact, he told me : "We do not have a cash flow" and he continued to do what he was doing (moving stuff, I believe. He treated me as I were a nuisance...?????????? 45 cent for a stamp????? And you send me back up to my 3 floor room to take the money, while I am still a guest at the hotel and not on my way out for good? Rude people, arrogant!!! I am surprised that they can work and keep their job at that Hotel.

Room Tip: go to another hotel. The people at the reception do not make guests confortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament and half our team stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn right next door and we were fornunate to book at Hampton inn. Through the construction of the lobby no problems or hassles were experienced. Breakfast was hot and good. Great location to the airport and Palm beach and of course the hockey rink.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Whenever I go out of town I always stay at Hampton Inn and this was the first time that I stayed at this one in West Palm Beach. I should have believed the person that wrote a review which I read before I went to the hotel and her name Terry26767 and she gave it a poor rating.

When I arrived the girls at the desk told me right away that she upgraded my room which I was excited about. Check in process went smoothly.

By reading reviews before I left I knew that the lobby was being remodeled and that was not a problem for me.

When we arrived in the room, I did not feel like it was a upgrade. It was just like a regular room that I am used to staying in. Wow I wonder what a regular room looks like here.
We had a major problem when we were ready to go to bed the 1st night after a long stressful day with getting arrangements for a funeral for my uncle.

My husband pulled back the Duvet and a big stain was on it. It was almost midnight. I called down to the desk and explained what the problem was and he told me that I had to come down and get the replacement. I was really appalled that I had to go down to the desk to get it. I was so tired and then hearing him say that I was perturbed. What kind of service is that?
Then when I went down he had it up on the counter and no apology or anything. It was wrinkled and a long strand of hair on it. I don't know who is doing the training here but they need to start all over again.

Even if he was the only "ONE" on that desk he should have bought it up to me. Can you imagine how many germs was on that counter top. Then this duvet was so wrinkled, like it had been left in dryer forever.

Then he told me to throw the old stain one outside the door for housekeeping to get it. Can you imagine if I threw it out of the door what would the other guest think. I just threw it on the room floor and let the maid get it the next day. All I can say is we just felt like the whole room and bathroom was dirty after that. I then pulled back the sheets and the mattress. Not a pleasant experience after going to a wake that evening and getting ready for the funeral the next day. I just did not have the energy to complain until I got back home.

O my Goodess the "INTERNET" service or should I say "NO service was awful. I had to end up going to the lobby computer and wait for other guest to get off the computer to get one page of information that I needed. I was without service the whole time I was there. If you did get on the internet it was so slow and then it would just click off. One of the workers said the problem was with ATT and I say it was with Hampton Inn...
I can really say it did not feel like I was staying at a Hampton Inn it felt like I was staying a cheap motel and I do mean cheap.
Hampton Inn say they guarantee that if you are not happy with your stay that you should get your money refunded and that is what they should do. This is not the only place that I am going to complain......I am so disappointed in Hampton Inn.......

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central Airport? Share your experiences!