“Not bad, but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 534 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not bad, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had always been an admirer of Red Lobster. However, I stopped going because the food seemed to taper off in terms of quality. This was the case when I visited the Red Lobster in West Palm Beach. The service was average. My associate and I ordered, what we believed to be pretty simple meals (fried shrimp and broiled seafood trio), but it took longer than expected to get to the table. The quality of the food okay, but I was just expecting a bit more in terms of quality and flavor. There seemed to be an abundance of food service personnel relative to the number of customers. So I did not understand why it took so long to get our food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Surprising Visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Usually I am not that excited to go to Red Lobster, as the food has seemed mediocre to me. Well, tonight I was pleasantly surprised! We had an amazing waitress who was extremely friendly and efficient, and the food was really great! We got the 2 for $25 special, and had the crab stuffed mushrooms for an app, and then I had the crispy garlic shrimp on top of cilantro rice. If I had a photo it would show my completely empty plate. I didn't leave a drop!! The salad was good, with plenty of tomatoes, etc, and we really enjoyed the mushrooms. And of course we ate too many biscuits! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“SHRIMP AND LOBSTER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

If you love Seafood this is the place to go.OMG shrimp,shrimp,shrimp and more shrimp!!!!Fresh Lobster,always got a special on.All of their dishes are the Bomb.Give the strawberry Daquari's a try! yum

Visited July 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
“I haven't been to a Red Lobster Restaurant in years, now I remember why.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I hadn't been to a Red Lobster in years so I thought I would give it a try again. The parking lot was pretty full so I figured the food must be good and/or inexpensive... wrong. When I entered the first thing I noticed was the dark carpet which looked like it was in need of cleaning. The hostess was nice and the server was friendly, but not very knowledgeable about the food or drinks. The dinner rolls were tasty but a oily. They are something I would eat every day if I wanted to give myself a heart attack. I had the caesar salad which was fair and no fresh ground pepper was offered to me by my server, but there were salt and peper grinders on the table, which I liked. I had the lobster tail with lobster tacos. The lobster was tasty but on the tough/rubbery side. The tacos were ok, but the soft taco shells were cheap and processed. I could tell I was eating mass produced, over processed food. I ordered a strong Irish Coffee from the bar to numb my senses so I could finish the meal. For one dinner and one drink it was about $31,00. Hardly a great price. I would prefer to pay slightly more and get a fantastic meal at a good restaurant that actually has a chef who cares about quality and ensures the ingredient are not over-processed. This is a restaurant for consumers who don't know any better or who don't care about what they eat. The best part of this dining experience was the stiff Irish Coffee and the salt and pepper grinders on the table. Bon Appetit!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Service a large crowd with no reservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our group dropped in - about 14 of us - and they set up 2 large tables, served the group quickly, effeciently and accurately. The food was great quality and the servers were very nice. We had a great time.

• Visited November 2012