“Thai in a hurry” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: S Congress Ave
Florida
“Thai in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is quite tasty and arrived quickly- rice and soup are part of the lunch. I would steer away from the buffet- sits for quite some time and not worth the offerings. Some of the staff speaks limited English which makes selections a little difficult.

Visited September 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding staff and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Happened onto this unassuming restaurant by chance this summer. The Service was excellent as was the food. We had several off-the-menu items, and - unusual for us - desserts. In fact, we liked the staff and food so much, our party of 3-generations voted unanimously to go back the next night and yet again the 3rd and final night in town!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“It is a very sad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I bought 2 Groupons. The first one used we were definitely treated differently from the other full paying guests. Since we had to order off the dinner menu, which was ok, we were also told that it doesn't come with the normal soup or salad because of the groupon. The second visit, and why I didn't give the second groupon away, was even worse. I ordered sushi, and my co-guests got their hot food and salads before I got my sushi. As a matter of fact they were almost done by the time I hunted someone down. We got plenty of "I'm sorry" but no explantations, no can we do anything else for you, etc. This is the 3rd owner since the orginals sold and no one comes close. The food is not bad if you want to wait. And don't go for the buffet. They put the initial trays out and let empty trays sit. Only when you ask if more is coming out do they prepare more. By the time it comes out you're pretty much done dining. Won't EVER go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here with a Living Social deal. The place had an odd odor. Bachata music (which is good but certainly not related to Thailand in any way!) looped continuously throughout our entire dinner. The food was decent, but overall, my experience here was just "okay". I'd return with another coupon, probably not without one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Worth, Florida
“so SAD what they are doing “Disappointment"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Yes, the foods and the service was ok. yesterday we want there for Dinner, FIRST time. after we finish our soup, our order appetizer comes while we are eating our Dinner, Really?! That is ok. But 4 pieces of shrimp with rice and vegetable for $23.95 that is $$$$. did not know when we order.
we WILL NOT visit Orchids of Siam AGAIN and WILL NOT recommend to friends.
the SAD thing was when the Server give us the CHECK TOTAL WAS $79.24, WHEN SHE RETURN WITH MY CHECK CARD and A NEW TOTAL CHARGE ON MY CHECK CARD AMOUNT is $94.19; WHICH IS THEY REWARD THEMSELVES A 20% OF TIP CHARGED TO my card WITHOUT SHOWING me FIRST, THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO. today I am looking at my bill and they are online menu, my scallop pad Thai is $12.95, on my bill was $17.95, $5 more for what??? So sad what they did.
The reason we were there (Orchids of Siam) is because we like thai foods and we always go down to Fort Laud for it. so my friend got me a $25 gift Certificate there to try. $94.19 for 2 peoples?! ~$$$$$$~ for this kinds of price I can eat much better food than that.

• Visited January 2013