“first time i loved it, this time average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Antonio, Texas
“first time i loved it, this time average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

went with friends just average, service not great, plus it took forever for us to get our meals. Food just ok.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“WROST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My sister a friend and I went to the Ale House on 2161 Palm Beach Lake Blvd in West Palm Beach Fl 33409 on Saturday night 06/06/13 to watch the game. We started off with a long island tea, chicken wings and fries each . Due to the fact that the menus do not have prices listed for the alcohol I asked the waitress "how much is a shot of patron?" she did not sound sure but she replied "50 cents". We all said "Wow, are you sure?" She replied again "its between 50 cents to $1, I'll check with the bartender". We were in awe of such a low price, so each of us ordered one.

When the waitress came to the table with the shots we asked "did you check? Are they $1 or 50 cents?" She replied again "50 cents" so we ordered more, a total of 6 shots for the night. (That was a total of 3 times we asked the waitress to confirm the price.)

My friends and I joked about how we should always stop by the Ale house before we hangout on the weekends due the low cost of the patron.

When we got our bill the total for the 6 shots were $51.00. (I'm no rocket scientist but I do know that 6 times .50 does not equal $51.00). We brought the issue to the waitress attention, she picked up the receipt saying sorry must be a mistake walked to the back then came back with the same receipt.
When she returned it was like I was talking to a totally different person. She suddenly had amnesia saying "I never said that, I said it was $8 with a 50 cent up charge and the receipt is correct". No were on the receipt was $8 just 50 cents x 6 equaling $51 , so of course we were disputing the price as anyone else would.
At that point she no longer wanted to deal with the fact that she quoted us the wrong price and proceeded to get her manager involved, whom my I add was extremely rude.
The managers reply was "theirs nothing I can do about this, C'mon 50 cent for patron?My waitress has been hear for years and she would have never told you that". We asked "can you tell your waitress to come back over hear with you so we can resolve this issue" his reply was "NO I will not! She does not have to come over here anymore. Are you refusing to pay the bill? If so I can call the police!" We replied "please do".

While waiting for the police, I went outside only to find the manager and some guy laughing and joking about how we were trying to get patron shots for 50 cents.
Once the police arrived I was told that "even thought this is not right, if you do not pay the bill than we will have to take you to jail".

My sister called the following day to complain to upper management. She spoke with the owner and proceeded to tell her side of the story he cuts her off saying " I remember you, you were the girl that was trying to get patron shots for 50 cents". I was outside with the manager when the police came.(The guy that manager was laughing and joking with)
She knew at that point their was no hope. She said how I felt and hung up the phone.

I am a working citizen as a customer service representative myself and I would NEVER EVER try to cheat anyone out of anything. I have never been so humiliated in my life. I did not appreciate being treated like a criminal all because I was misinformed by an employee that was too afraid to admit that she made a mistake. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

....Load Older Messages.Load Newer Messages.
Load More Results.Select messages to forwardSelect messages to deleteSelect messages to mark as spamCancelDeleteForwardMark Spam.

• Visited June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Fight Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was staying at a hotel nearby and asked for a good Sports Bar and was told about the Ale House. Really fun place that looks nice inside and out, great vibe, lots of TVs, and Christy my bartender was personable/nice. Had a local FL brew that was really tasty, plus had the seared Ahi. The portion was large and tasted great. Also, had the grouper app, that was a nice large portion, but was frozen and deep fried (not as nice as the Ahi). Watched the UFC fight from the bar and met some neat folks. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
Kissimmee Fl.
“Oysters, oysters...oysters!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is and has always been the bomb!! I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that after asking about the oysters, I was told that they were fresh, good and BIG!!! The waitress was spot-on. I have been worried about good oysters for awhile now as most of them here in FL come from Apalachicola and they are really bad this season/year. I asked and was told these are flown in fresh from Texas and they were awesome! Price is right as well at $12.99 a dozen, but the best thing is that after 3pm to close they are 50 cents apiece...woot-woot!!

Visited January 2013
McDonough, Georgia
“Great Place to Hang Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Staff was nice and I have never seen so many TV's in one place. We only ordered a couple of appetizers; but it was plenty and good.

Visited October 2012