“The dinner from Hell!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 580 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The dinner from Hell!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

To all the travelers in airports because of cancelled flights, consider yourselves lucky. You could be trapped in the Veranda Restaurant at the West Palm Beach Hilton, home of the worlds worst food and service.You would never think anything this bad would occur under the Hilton name but it did. The company that runs the restaurant is Shiraz, Inc.I can't believe Hilton allows a cut-throat concessionaire to operate using the Hilton name. The Florida Grouper was not grouper, the baked potato was microwaved, the rolls were cold and as hard as a rock. the butter was soft and melted from sitting on the table for hours before we sat down. I asked the waiter for a rum and coke, he replied the bar door is over there? I just had my 72nd birthday and had seen everything. This is the worst restaurant I have ever seen.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Extremely disappointed,”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, the second day in the middle of the week, I found mold on the bagels served for breakfast in the Veranda, Ok, I understand they are getting the bagels every other day but serving something with mold is unacceptable. I told the waitress and she apologized and told me talk to manager who wasn't present at the moment. When I spoke to her later on the same day her answer to me was I'm sorry I will tell them,
Tell them what? To not serve bagels with mold?
I won't stay at this place again.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Surprisingly Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I generally do not eat at hotel restaurants unless I'm staying there; and even then I'm skeptical. But The Veranda was a pleasant surprise. The food was quite good. My wife had a seafood salad that she enjoyed and I had the chicken piccata which was quite tasty. The staff was exceptionally friendly and quite attentive. The price was also very reasonable for a hotel restaurant. I will return.

Visited October 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Service here was wonderful. Nightly special that are a great deal. Good size soup and salad bar. The crusted grouper was delicious- several people in our group had it and all loved it, same thing with the prime rib. Nice atmosphere also.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“You cannot get a better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food was great , prices very reasonable considering it was inside the HILTON. Thr best part is the staff -very service oriented.

After paying the bills, I was on my way out and the waitress grabbed me and said you have a kethcup mark on the shirt and she insisted it be cleaned before I left the place. She ran in , got club soda , napkins and worked on my shirt until the mark was gone. Where do you get this kind of service ?

This was a nice change from the poor service I received from the front desk staff at the Hilton

• Visited March 2013