“Becoming "Americanized"??” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vero Beach, Florida
“Becoming "Americanized"??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love the spices and "heat" from Indian food and was disappointed that the buffet is missing both of them for the most part. You have to order from the menu and then not let servers talk you out of selecting a heat scale of 4 out of 5. Service is good though. Be careful that servers don't overlook your bottled water that you purchase by pouring regular tap water into your glass.

The food is good but it would be better experience if kept to traditional cuisine which is often why one tends to go to an ethnic restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lake Worth, Florida, United States
“Service good, food yummy- but I found a stone in my food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I ordered the "veggie appetizer" it was different and tasted good... for dinner I ordered the Tandoori Chicken- It was delicious, but I was full from the appetizer so I brought the rest home. When reheating and eating it for lunch the next day I almost broke my tooth when finding a stone in my "brown sauce".... Wondering what happened there. Anyway, good but that might have changed my mind in going again- dental work is expensive :p

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Take out from grocery next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was late in the night so we opted to grab a few things at the attached grocery.

Word to the wise, if you don't know exactly what you're looking for, are hungry and limited on time, devise and use a Plan B. haha.

The case goods were awesome. Got some samosas, medjool dates and those honey soaked pastry balls. All awesome!! Especially the samosa sauce.
Hit miss on the grocery items but such is life. You must try everything once ;)

Visited July 2013
Loxahatchee, Florida
“Flavorful authentic Indian dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly greeter, We were seated immediately. The server brought salty crackers with delicious onion chutney and raita which is a yogurt,tomato and cucumber relish. We ordered the Samosas in both vegetable and lamb ( Kheema) and enjoyed the crunchy texture with the soft warm filling. We ordered the garlic Naan bread, It came warm and it was soft with crispy edges.
For entrées we had the lamb madras. the sauce was mild and rich and very flavorful. We also ordered the chicken tikka masala which is the restaurant's award winning dish, a spicy red sauce that was quite flavorful, we found the chicken to be a little on the dry side. The lamb was by far our favorite dish, The sauce was just excellent We couldn't eat enough of it.
We moved from Montréal Canada which has excellent Indian restaurants and by far Taste of India is the best Indian restaurant in the West Palm area. We are already looking forward to our next
visit, we plan on trying some of the other dishes on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Not a fan of Indian Food, but this was a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I only went there because my vegan group was meeting there and I wanted to participate in the gathering. I really don't like Indian food, however, this restaurant serves "South Indian" food which is a little different from what I usually see when I go to an Indian restaurant. They make authentic food, and a wide selection of foods. They have an item that's a cross between a crepe and a burrito (can't remember the name) and it was delicious and the presentation dramatic. You can't get these "just anywhere" so if you go you have to order it. Lots of vegan and vegetarian items on the menu, and the service was amazing. There were 30 of us and we all wanted separate checks and the servers were cool and collected. Everything was delicious.

• Visited June 2013