“Best Cuban Food I've had in a long time ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 534 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Gainesville, Florida
“Best Cuban Food I've had in a long time ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The food was delicious.
Would definitely go back. We had the arroz con pollo which was awesome and the sheik all ajillo. The whole meal was a success! This place is a great find! The dessert was awesome too!

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Cuban Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch here and enjoyed our meals. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and it was one of the better that I have tried. I had the shredded pork and the flavor was very good, but it was a little greasy. The black beans were bland, but the fried plantains were very good. I was overly impressed with the sangria, but it wasn't really bad. The appearance of the restaurant is nice inside and the service was very good. The Cuban coffee was quite good. It's worth trying if you like Cuban food.

Visited July 2014
“Genuine Cuban Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very cozy restaurant serving the best Cuban Recipes. The moros and the mojito yuca were impressive and so was the pork and the churrasquito and shrimp that I tried there. Nothing to envy to little Havana in Miami.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Havana Restaurant: I honestly haven't one good thing to say!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My heritage is Cuban. I was born in New York. Lived most of my life in Broward County, Fla.
I live in Palm beach county now. This place had good reviews and its hard to find good Cuban food up this way. I took my niece for lunch.
For $21.00, a carafe of some overly sweet, weird colored dishwater, that could never have started out as wine!
APPETIZERS:Two greasy empanadas; one tamal with shredded, dried out pork on top for $10.00.
Entrees: More shredded dry pork sitting on grease; I've never had greasy moros in my life but I did there.
Two tostones that were just hard and dry. Now for my niece's entree: picadillo, few olives, just ok;
Yellow rice, had no flavor. She liked the maduros best.
We did leave most of the food and NO, no boxes to take home, PLEASE!!
First time, last time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic and unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Discovered driving from Miami up the coast and so happy we did. Subsequent trips to Miami resulted in trying other cuban restaurants which didn't live up to this place. Everyone enjoyed their food as well as the cortaditos afterward. In an unlikely area, but so worth it!

Visited December 2013