“Authentic and just plain great food!” 5 of 5 stars

561 547 9799
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
oswego
“Authentic and just plain great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Havana has been a "must do" for us for several years. The food is authentic Cuban, no fuss, and just fantastic. The setting is not spectacular, the decor is not breathtaking but the food is so worth it! There is a 24 hour walk up window available. The Papa Rellenas are a meal unto themselves and are the best I have had in Florida. For dinner tonight we got Lechon Asado con Cebolla (shredded marinated pork and onions) with yellow rice and beans as our sides. The one meal was seriously enough food for 3 people to have for dinner. Masitas de Puerco Fritas (mojo marinated pork deep fried and served with onions) is another favorite and is every bit as good. Chicharrones de Pollo was very tasty but the description is a bit misleading. Rather than chunks of chicken it is more parts of chicken as when you order fried chicken. Skirt steak tried on previous visits was also very very good! The Tres Leches cake is simply sinful and is a perfect example of how a dessert can be amazing without being a sugar overdose! Flan is exceptional as expected and the coffee is simply OMG.... Just love this place and can't say enough good things about it. If you're catching a flight out of PBI it is worth the run down Forest Hill Blvd to grab a Cuban Sandwich and Cafe Cubano for the flight!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
New York
“Great food and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to Havana several times over the past few years when traveling to Palm Beach, and the experience is always a great one. The food is delicious and authentic. Last week, we ordered a roast pork and tamal appetizer, which was fantastic...so flavorful. The "Mar y Tierra" surf and turf was great as well. For dessert, we always have cafe con leche and tres leches cake. Again, everything was delicious. I ordered a chicken soup with a side of yellow rice for my 7 year-old son, and he ate a large portion of it. I am from New York, and I don't know of any place in NY that is as authentic and fairly-priced as Havana. If I lived in West Palm, I'd probably go there once a week!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oviedo, Florida
“An Excellent Meal Whenever You Want”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this restaurant was unfortunately a takeout lunch. I say unfortunate as the dining areas appear to have a nice atmosphere. For lunch I ordered pork, rice and beans. It was very good and there definitely was plenty. Before I left town I had to return to try their Cuban sandwich and Cuban coffee. I can sum up both with one word, Excellent. Sandwich had just the right amount of pork and ham and was pressed just right. I ordered a small coffee which was a big mistake, it was soon gone and I was looking for more, I should have ordered a large. I can't wait to return to the area in a few weeks so I can stop in and enjoy the food again. They are open 24 hours for walk up window service. Be forewarned that during typical meal times parking can be almost impossible, but DO NOT let that stop you from visiting and eating a great meal.

“Delicious food in a casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We discovered Havana while driving through West Palm Beach. We were initially attracted by the outdoor dining area and the take out windows. We chose to eat inside and the result was a wonderful experience. The restaurant was clean and the decor was appealing. The servers were friendly, courteous, and efficient. The food was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massillon Ohio
“Great & Not So Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ate lunch here twice this trip; the food was very tasty. Lunch on day one was a sit-down. Cuban was a new experience for me. The sandwich was very tasty. I had an appetizer of fried plantains. Not to my taste, but very interesting. The lemonade was perfect,not too sweet, nor too tart. Unfortunately, refills are not free. The service was fast & friendly.

Day two was ordered at the street window. I arrived with two unserved people in front of me. For ten minutes, three servers walked up to & past the window & did not acknowledge anyone's presence. Just as I was ready to walk away, a server took all our orders. Again, good food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere