“Excellent food at any time!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 580 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Excellent food at any time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The food here is far superior than any other Cuban restaurant i have tried!! The service is great and it's not over priced!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A wonderful classical place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A real uban restaurant with wonderful food. Everyone in our group of eight loved the food including two people who are real foodies. The grilled fish was out of sight and the person who ordered Oxtails loved it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new jersey
“"Delicious Authentic Cuban Food"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fabulous Cuban Food. Wonderful service. Restaurant is clean, has a large menu and the food was well prepared and plentiful. We went back twice in a span of five days.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best Cuban without going to Cuba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I consider myself a Cuban food connoisseur. I can't get enough of the stuff. I frequently travel between South Florida and Tampa and am well-versed in restaurants ranging from local-only dives to the most well known and respected in these areas. I can easily say that when it comes to taste and service, Havana in West Palm Beach is my favorite.

I stopped by yesterday for some quick to-go on my way out of town and, as always, my Cuban sandwich was inexpensive, delicious, well packed and served from their 24 hour pickup window with a smile. Seriously, I don't know where they get their pork but it's incredible.

When I have more time and am in the mood for a nicer experience, the dining room is beautiful and has a more upscale but casual feel. Service has never been anything short of excellent and I've never had a meal inside without the manager speaking with me to ask about my experience.

Menu highlights for me include the aforementioned Cuban sandwich and the tres leches dessert, but my absolute favorite is the the churrasco steak with a chimichurri sauce that is so good that I would probably put it on everything. I'm more than a little ashamed of that but luckily this is the Internet and I'm anonymous.

It's certainly possible to find good Cuban food in Florida, but if you live anywhere near the Palm Beaches or find yourself passing through, Havana Cuban Restaurant needs to be a staple.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Quebec
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place was supposed to best Cuban restaurant according to the Lonely Planet guide. So we decided to check it out and got quite disappointed. Prior to coming to Havana, we've already tried cuban food at a few places in Tampa and Miami so we had certain expectations. The food at Havana was quite tasteless and very greasy. Service was rushed and cold. Our main disappointment was the coffee. Cuban esperesso that is sweetened came OVERsweetened with probably 3 or 4 spoons of sugar. Impossible to drink. Cafe con leche should be unsweetened but same thing - came with a ton of sugar. We asked to give us another cup without sugar, and it was granted but the coffee was quite bad. I wouldn't recommend the place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere