“The best Cuban without going to Cuba!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 551 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
“The best Cuban without going to Cuba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a Cuban food connoisseur. I can't get enough of the stuff. I frequently travel between South Florida and Tampa and am well-versed in restaurants ranging from local-only dives to the most well known and respected in these areas. I can easily say that when it comes to taste and service, Havana in West Palm Beach is my favorite.

I stopped by yesterday for some quick to-go on my way out of town and, as always, my Cuban sandwich was inexpensive, delicious, well packed and served from their 24 hour pickup window with a smile. Seriously, I don't know where they get their pork but it's incredible.

When I have more time and am in the mood for a nicer experience, the dining room is beautiful and has a more upscale but casual feel. Service has never been anything short of excellent and I've never had a meal inside without the manager speaking with me to ask about my experience.

Menu highlights for me include the aforementioned Cuban sandwich and the tres leches dessert, but my absolute favorite is the the churrasco steak with a chimichurri sauce that is so good that I would probably put it on everything. I'm more than a little ashamed of that but luckily this is the Internet and I'm anonymous.

It's certainly possible to find good Cuban food in Florida, but if you live anywhere near the Palm Beaches or find yourself passing through, Havana Cuban Restaurant needs to be a staple.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Quebec
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place was supposed to best Cuban restaurant according to the Lonely Planet guide. So we decided to check it out and got quite disappointed. Prior to coming to Havana, we've already tried cuban food at a few places in Tampa and Miami so we had certain expectations. The food at Havana was quite tasteless and very greasy. Service was rushed and cold. Our main disappointment was the coffee. Cuban esperesso that is sweetened came OVERsweetened with probably 3 or 4 spoons of sugar. Impossible to drink. Cafe con leche should be unsweetened but same thing - came with a ton of sugar. We asked to give us another cup without sugar, and it was granted but the coffee was quite bad. I wouldn't recommend the place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Favorite spot in W Palm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am going back to WPB this week, and the first thing I thought about was how happy I am going to be to go to Havana again. Nice environment and Cafe Cubano that will knock your sox off. The window service is fabulous, and the food inside is good too. Went with 4 generations of my family and everybody felt welcome.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Consistant Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have been visiting Havana for over 15 years and it has always been a winner. Lunch or dinner or take away, the Cuban food is top notch. Most recently we enjoyed dinner, Ropa vieja and roast pork! Service is efficient and professional. The prices are very fair too.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tokyo, Japan
“Great take-away window, skip restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As good a cafe cubana or cortadito as you will get in the area. The food is not memorable and the restaurant is a bit plastic and the plantains were the best thing we had. We went once to the window and once to the restaurant. We would happily get coffee at the window again.

• Visited December 2012