“Best Fried Chicken in my Life” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best Fried Chicken in my Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

After driving past Bay Bay's for months, we finally stopped in to try it out and boy was it the best decision we made that day. As first time customers, they give you a piece of chicken on the house to try it out, a genius marketing ploy! We immediately ordered two 2-piece combos with the regular waffle. Let's start with the waffle: it was light, fluffy and not too sweet, which is great because it allows you to drizzle the syrup over it. Then there's the chicken, oh the chicken! The skin is so perfectly crisp it makes a crackling sound when you bite into it. The spice blend is so good, you'd have to be a monster to want to put ketchup on it. The chicken is moist and though it is fried, it isn't greasy at all! Since the last time we ate there, i've had a craving to go back. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best food we had in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Like others, we came by because of the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Its close to the airport, so we swung by on our way to catching our flight. We had the chicken and waffles, of course, injected with red velvet (hers) and pumpkin pie (mine). The chicken was outstanding, spicy and delicious and moist. It was the kind of fried chicken that you want to take every last bite until its just a clean bone left over. We were both wanting more chicken even then we were stuffed after the 2-piece chicken and waffles orders. I would be all too happy to eat here again. Don't miss trying their fried chicken!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday morning before dropping an out of town guest off at airport. Sat at counter. As first time there we got a complimentary sample of the fried chicken. I liked it so I ordered chicken and waffles with a coke. Was pleased with my meal.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best fried chicken EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place is small, more of a takeout place than dine in but our dinner was amazing. Very good quality pieces of chicken, spiced to perfection (a tad spicy for the kids) & I couldn't stop eating. Diet be damned! The 'Best Chicken in Florida' is a well-deserved moniker. Clean, friendly & helpful staff and free samples for you to try. Truly delicious dinner enjoyed by all. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jupiter, Florida
“Best Chicken In South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stopped on a whim at Bay Bay's because of the crowded parking lot and the Voted Best Chicken sign. I expected average chicken and was completely surprised by what we were served. This is a fantastic spiced fried chicken that's frankly better then my own (and I can cook). If you've ever been to Tom Jenkin's BBQ in Fort Lauderdale or The Food Shack in Jupiter, you'll understand what I mean when I say the food quality is much better than the building leads you to expect. The chicken does not have a cheap tabasco sauce heat but rather a true dry spice blended coating. I couldn't leave the skin alone. The Red Velvet and Apple waffles were both delicious but had a hint of cake mix about them - better as dessert than with the chicken. Fries were fine but not amazing. The grits were good but slightly dry (will get cheese next time) but the macaroni and cheese was excellent. I'd like to see them offer a good biscuit and I look forward to trying a standard waffle to see if it's elevated to the level of the chicken. Every plate was clean and we were completely full. Plan for them to cook your food to order or call ahead. The prices may seem high for "a chicken shack" but they are low for a fantastic meal and this was up there with meals I've paid three times the price for. Portions are very generous, you can easily share. Drinks run $3 a bottle, high but also on par with more expensive looking places. Our bill with tip was about $15 per person and I'd choose them over a chain like Carrabba's or Longhorn any day. If you fly in or out of Palm Beach make time for a stop here.

• Visited July 2013