“Best BBQ in Palm Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #295 of 561 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Best BBQ in Palm Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here on Monday 3/4 with my wife and baby. They had happy hour with half price drinks and $4 appetizers. We tried the pork nachos and bacon wrapped corn dogs. Both were awesome. We then split an entree of pulled pork and beef brisket with sweet potato tater tots and baked beans. That's right sweet potato tater tots. The meat and sides were out if this world. We had a coupon and tgey let us use it even though we had the hsppy hour deal with appetizers and drinks. After we finished our meal they gave our baby a free ice cream cone. This place is a welcome addition to Clematis street, which is over run with over priced bad food. We will definitely be back next time we want BBQ. Service and atmosphere were also great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida
“GREAT BBQ!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a great experience at Bobbi Sue's. We started with Pork Nachos that were sooo good!!
The pulled pork was amazing...so flavorful!! I liked that the ribs were not boiled and covered in sauce like so many restaurants do. If i want sauce, Ill add it. I prefer to taste the "real meat" not bbq sauce. Sides were very tasty too. Definite comfort food - mac n cheese, collard greens, baked beans. Our server told us they have a family night on Thursdays ...great idea since no where else Downtown does that. The decor in this place is really cool too - kinda looks like an upscale truck stop. Prices were reasonable, Service was decent. The manager was super friendly and we witnessed him visit every table with a smile. I understand that the place has only been open for a few months. So far so good....I'll be back and recommend it to friends. Give them a try!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Should be called Bobby Sues flavorless overcooked meat served by the clueless.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My pregnant wife was craving some barbecue so we tried out this place that someone checked into on twitter or something. There was no one to seat us so we waited a few minutes and the bartender eventually ran up and seated us. We ordered enough food for an army. Mistake. Everything was so dry we had a hard time choking it down. Could have had something to do with no refills that we had to beg for. Nothing had any flavor and we were bummed out. Asked to see a manager and he explained that the food was dry rubbed and cooked forever. Well your food sucks, the service sucks, your manager table visit sucked, (you should dress like a manager not a homeless man) and I hope your crappy BBQ restaurant goes out of business soon!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great potential! Fine tuning needed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I read from other reviewers and I don't agree with certain parts. I might have been there on a slower night. The service was not slow at all, I saw it more as a "Southernly relaxed". I prefer that, instead of a "touch a go" dinner experience. Every single time I needed someone from the wait staff they would be there within a minute. Prices were great on food, portions were amazing too. Once you add the food and sides it can get on the high end, $16 for a BBQ sandwich and side. But the portions and taste make it worth it.

On drinks, bottomless soda, is a great deal, on beer and liquor, if you catch happy hour it is a great deal. Outside of happy hour, they could implement deal of the day, otherwise your bill can get high fast.

Setting, experience, staff and menu were great. I don't put it on very good yet, bc the food indeed was barely warm. I understand all these food is ready made, and you can only reheat it so much before it gets dry. There are techniques on every single type of food. Find out how you can make it warmer. Go heavy on flavor so you can steam it upon order or something.

Very friendly staff, they have table games and a pool table, so all in all a very good place.

I see great future with minor fine tuning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach
“Not Memphis Style BBQ food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Flavor was Good but not tender . Paper was in the meat when cutting it from plate. Fried Chicken was was unique .Mac & Cheese was good . Just a little more Temp to food , was warm. No Rib Kiss( Ribs not fallin off the bone.)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere