“Strange mix that works” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Sugar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 578 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N Dixie Hwy
Description: This concept started from our creator's passion for food, and a vision to add innovative, exotic, and genuine flavors of Southeast Asian to our dining experiences. We focus on quality ingredients freshly prepared, and warm customer services.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Strange mix that works”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I think Palm Sugar had been open about 6 months but this was my first visit. It's a mix of Asian Cuisines, a Bar and a Cupcake Shop.
I had the Pork Buns which were a twist on the famous ones from Momofuku N.Y.and delicious. Followed by an excellent Pad Thai which had just the right amount of heat ( I chose 4 out of 5 on the heat scale). We had some Mini Cupcakes to go ,just to try them out. Our Thai waitress was very pleasant and the service was good.
This is a good addition to WPB and I will be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Beach, California
“Very friendly and highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you like Thai food you can't go wrong here. Staff is very friendly and service is good. Owner Sang understands that if the food is authentic and good, staff is well trained, that customers will come back and refer others. I will definitely come back again to try some of the other dishes. I had the pork belly and pork skewers, white rice, and the hot soup, very delicious, unfortunately I forgot to tell them I don't like cilantro and any raw onions. All in all, a great dining experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Rochelle, New York, USA
“Smart, Sleek Asian Fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This very sleek and well designed Thai restaurant in West Palm Beach is a must-see for casual "Pacific region" dinig. Casula but smart, the interior is very cool. The menu, however, is the star attraction--many noodle dishes inspired by Japanes cuisine, many Thai classics (you have to try the green papaya sald!), and scores of clever choices that include chicken, seafood, tofu and beef. All in all, a fine spot for dinner--and unusually, a very good and affordable wine list. Excellent New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs at only $7 per glass!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Since we had to brave a torrential downpour to get there, we nearly had the place to ourselves. The food was delicous. Pork buns were yummy, as well as the fish tacos, and the mongollian beef. The fried rice was fresh and light, not at all greasy. We got a couple cupcakes to go, my son loved the banana peanutbutter one, I had triple chocolate. Delicious!

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“This is a MUST GO – fresh delicious South Asian food with fast and friendly service & very good prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Palm Sugar is a rear find I would recommend to everyone I know. I had dinner at Palm Sugar while I am in town for business in Sep’12. The food was so good I had to go back the second night before I leave town. I tried various “street food” dishes including different grilled chicken/pork skewers, glazed pork belly, grilled squid, and grilled baby octopus – amazingly delicious with authentic street-food flavor at restaurant-quality. Phad Thai is as good, if not better, than what I had while traveling in Thailand. The honey roasted chicken ramen noodle is also very good and flavorful. My favor is their deep fried baby bok choy – this is definitely a disk worth to try! All the food I tried was fresh with bursting flavor. You can really tell that the food is thoughtfully prepared from quality local ingredients.
They offer an extensive list of disserts but I only tried the mango mousse cake as I was fairly full from all the food I ate. The mousse cake is not only a beauty to look at but also very delicious – it’s the kind of dessert you would expect from a French fine-dining restaurant.
The restaurant has a fully size bar, is simply decorated with friendly atmosphere, and is nicely located close to the end of the strip with large public parking garage right across the street. The food and drinks are reasonably good for the West Palm Beach area.
The owner is a nice friendly guy always with a big smile. The services are fast, attentive, and very friendly. This is definitely a “non-American” South Asian treat worth to discover. I would highly recommend Palm Sugar – I know I will come back for more next time I am in the area!

• Visited September 2012