“Great family day” 4 of 5 stars

Not applicable
5 attraction reviews
“Great family day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to Rapids last year August and went back this July. We got there around 930am and used the $10 parking lot. This year no coolers food or drink were allowed in so we left our small cooler in the car. The down side was that there were very limited food options in the park open at that hour until around 11.
Our two children 5 and 7 had a great time, they loved the lazy river, the wave pool, and the slides.
I thought the park employees were much more safety conscious this year. Twice there was rain and all rides shut down for about 1 hour. This was fine with us as we had food breaks in between.
This park is a great deal and a great option for a family day out.

4 attraction reviews
“Fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not a great value @$40pp weekday. There are 2 for 1 coupons given on 1st visit to use on future visits. After 4:00 its half price. Long lines should be expected. Get there when they first open & go to the back of the park, you can go on rides multiple times with no wait. Clean park, something for everyone

Baltimore, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the day and had a great time. Go early during the week if possible and beat the crowds. All the employees were helpful and the lifeguards were attentive. I thought the price was fair for the quality of the facility...except the $10.00 parking fee. You would think that a $38.00 admission fee per person would cover the parking...oh well! All in all, had a great time.

Visited June 2013
Denver
13 attraction reviews
“Fun Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband, two teenage sons and I had a fun time spending the day at Rapids Water Park. There is not much to do in the area, so this is one of the highlights. Beware to those with glasses though......they will make you hold them on the rids, even if you have a strap securing them to your head. Tip......put your cooler with lunch and drinks on the picnic tables just outside the park. This will save you a lot of money, as the food is expensive and typical park food.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Good (if they're open)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have waited years to go to this park and my husband and I were excited to go today. The first hour was great (other than the fact that in addition to the $80+ charge to get in, we paid $10 to park and $10 for a locker), but then the rides shut down for 3 hours due to some alleged lightning. No employees had any info during that time (should I wait around or do you expect this to last all day?) and there are no refunds or rainchecks. There is literally nothing else to do at the park than eat overpriced concessions when the rides are closed. It was just a park full of people sitting around. Two guys next to me paid 5 minutes before they shut down the rides and didn't get to go on anything. I don't expect a full refund, but to charge $100 (with parking and locker) for 2 people and then make my only option sit around and wait and hope that the radar info changes is crazy. Also, there are no signs up at the park with the lightning policy -- I checked for rain conditions about 6 times before I went. It was never raining during the closure so I could not have anticipated the closure. Very disappointed.