“Scrumptious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We ate soooo many dishes and all were absolutely scrumptious!

Appetizers included Crispy Money Bag (so unusual, so tasty), Spring Roll (well prepared with a delightful sprig of mint and a wonderful honey peanut sauce), and Crispy Calamari (so light they could have floated off the plate).

Dinners included Massaman Curry (best we've ever tasted!), Lad Nar Noodles (mild, just the way one of our guests preferred), Drunken Noodles (oh so spicy good) and Chilean Sea Bass fillet to die for.

We were so in love with the food that we just had to sample the desserts: Pumpkin Custard (very unusual with an extremely fresh-from-the-garden taste), Volcano Banana (who would have thought that black beans make a great dessert topping?), Green Tea Ice Cream (as good as I had in Japan), and Sticky Rice with Taro & Coconut Cream (sticky, creamy and wonderful).

The service was incomparable. We were attended to at all times courteously and promptly and never did anyone hover noticeably or interfere with our enjoyment.

And if the fantastic food weren't enough, this establishment is so pleasing to be in and look at. The artwork on the walls, the soothing eclectic music, the table settings: tasteful, unusual, captivating.

Can't wait to go back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gainesville, Florida
“Good little cafe/restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Simple unpretentious little restaurant, in a relatively quiet street in West Palm. We came here tonight following the recommendations of the trip advisors' readers. We were not disappointed. The food was good to very good. The service prompt and courteous, the prices reasonable. Small parking next to the restaurant and on the street. We will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Beach, California
“Can you say extreme hot and extreme spicy?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After reading the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, I had to check it out for myself.
Since it is not downtown West Palm Beach, FL, there was a parking lot next to restaurant.
I reviewed the menu and one of my best tests whether an Asian/SE Asian restaurant is going to be good is to try their fried rice.
I ordered the fried rice with pork and told the person taking my order that I wanted it very very spicy, and oh my, I got hot and extreme spicy, very similar to a restaurant I enjoyed in Cincinnati, OH last year while doing a show there.
I would definitely come back and eat here again, service was very attentive, and staff was perfect with water since this dish was so hot I had to take a drink of water almost every other bite. The taste was very authentic and I highly recommend coming here, I will try other dishes next time I come here. The hot and spicy dinner was topped off with a nice Taro ice cream, made it a perfect ending to a wonderful evening...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The walls have stories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Found this on a back street in w Palm Beach. We have a family member in St Mary's hospital and needed FOOD! TA showed this as close and rated well. Great little hole in the wall. Great staff - personal and eager to help in ordering. Mostly Northern Thai food, but could get it hotter if wanted. Excellent "hog Fish", "rooster snapper" or "hog snapper" - just different names - on the menu. Great time and great food. Murals on the wall painted well and includes an image of the painter. Go there - it was great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Palm Beach, Florida
“The best of the best thai and sushi in US.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

we have to thank you the owner of malakor thai cafe he really bring the magic of thailand to US the foos and decor very cute and cozy we come here almost every day here love it

• Visited October 2012