“No Oranges” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
New York City, New York
“No Oranges”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ordered a box of oranges for delivery on January 31. I still have not recieved anything and it is already the second week in February! Cushman never called or provided an update on when I am expected to receive the shipment. Awful.

Metro D.C. area
6 attraction reviews
“Love, LoVE, LOVE my Cushman's Honeybells!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Ordered two, 10# boxes of these Honeybells (with a promo code) on 12/19/13. They were due to be delivered 1/6/14--delayed. Rescheduled for 1/21--delayed again. (We are in VA & were told freezing temps in our area were responsible for the delay.) RE-rescheduled for 1/31. Received 2/1/2014. WORTH WAITING FOR!!! Thin rinds, LOADED with juice, and best of all, cotton-candy-like pulp. Despite the delays, they were seriously, a treat. My husband said "I feel like a little kid--happy inside--just eating this!"
We noticed that the shipping box said the fruit was shipped from Oregon. I am not sure if this means we got the Western Honeybells that the reviewers from FL were complaining about, but if they were, they were a thrill to us. My neighbors said the box we sent them, were INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS, too.

Palm Beach, Florida
“Oops!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

It's closed!
This used to be a great stop because they offered different types of citrus, freshly made fudge and jams free. Of course they were all sample size but free nonetheless. They had reasonable pricing with great products and good customer service. No more.
I believe it was bought out by a big corporate entity and things've not been the same since.
Alas, the end of a great 'family' operation and, unfortunately, the end of an era!
dlc

Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't Order Honeybells from Cushman's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Ordered my Florida honeybells fro Cushman's just after Christmas. But after several delays what I got was very tart western "honeybells". If I wanted california oranges I would have just gone to the supermarket. I think the supermarket oranges are better tasting. They are certainly less expensive.
I called to complain but they just offered to throw another case of horrible oranges at me. The woman really did not care one bit.
I will try another supplier next year for sure!

Visited December 2013
“Cushman's Disappoints again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had an order in for weeks for Florida Honeybells. They delayed shipment twice and tried to send us the vastly inferior western honeybell instead. This is exactly what happens when a good small company sells out to a larger (Harry&David). The customer loses every time. This is second year in a row of bad experiences.
To top it off they blame this on the weather. Weather has been normal in FL and Honeybells have been plentiful as I picked some up the first of January in Fort Myers.
A sham(e).