“Not the typical Hampton experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book AAA and Save 10%
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Mobile, Alabama
“Not the typical Hampton experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very disappointed with a weekend stay. Checked out early due to room condition and hotel staff being very indifferent due to hotel being fully booked. I would not recommend or stay in this hotel again.

I checked in late so I'm quite sure I received the room that everyone else possibly refused and because they were fully booked there were no other rooms available. They did not even offer to change my room if there were any early departures or cancellations. There are probably redeeming qualities about this hotel that I didn't notice because I only saw the condition of the room and the treatment by staff. Overall Horrible Experience!

Room Tip: Check in early. Do NOT choose a smoking room even if you smoke. The smell assaults you as you get of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and disappointed that fell short of that expectation. I am also sorry that we were not able to accommodate you with another room since we were at max capacity. I am working with our housekeeping and front office staff to prevent such an experience from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The front staff are helpful and considerate. One of them made arrangements for a maintenance man to drive us to the airport when the cab she ordered was not going to arrive in time to make our flight.
The breakfast was ample and tasty.
There were some nettlesome drawbacks: (1) The TV channel guide did not match with the actual stations on the TV itself, and no one seemed to know what to do about that, ever. (2) On Saturday we returned to our room and while the bed was made, nothing else was tidied and the supplies had not been replenished.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I'm glad to hear that you were welcomed and treated with great care by our friendly staff. We appreciate that you notified us about the outdated TV channel guide so we can make replacements and I apologize for the housekeeping inconsistencies. We will ensure these missteps do not continue in the future and hope we get the chance to serve you again.

Kind regards,
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I do a lot of traveling and I try my best to stay at Hampton Inns. This one in particular stood out above the rest. The location was great, the exterior appeared clean, lobby area was beautiful. The room was clean and free of the usual musty odors found in some of the hotels i have stayed at previously. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to others!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience with us. We do certainly take pride in our service and quality at our hotel and hearing comments from our guests really encourages the staff to continue to do a great job. I will be sure to share this with our staff.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you again!!!!
Reisterstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Front desk personnel were very helpful with directions and informative about the area.
Breakfast was good. There was a large group staying and the food was replenished very quickly. Housekeeping was good at giving needed supplies without having to have full service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!! Concert Season does get quite busy around here and we hussle to keep the service up and make sure we take good care of all our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We thank you again and hope to see you for the next big concert!!!!
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed in two rooms (one handicap accessible) for two nights at Hampton Inn. The handicap accessible room was OK, but it seemed crammed with too much furniture (two beds), and not enough space to even turn a wheelchair around. But the bathroom was accessible.

The regular room was HUGE. It had a giant bathroom, small fridge and microwave, and then two beds plus a large sitting area at the end. Basically room for another bed. It was amazing.

The pool area was very nice. Hard to believe that there is a parking lot on the other side of the fence and greenery. Lots of chairs for lounging, or tables and chairs for enjoying breakfast. The free breakfast was decent, same as at every Hampton Inn. Lots of dining areas.

I've come to have high expectations of Hampton Inn, and they never disappoint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am picking about hotel rooms being clean. I was pleasantly happy with this Hampton Inn. The bathroom was not perfectly clean but I bring my own stuff to clean anyway. The beds were pretty comfortable ..likely the best hotel bed I've ever slept in. The location is amazing and near restaurants, shopping, etc. You could walk many places if you wanted and we used the WalGreen's several times while there. Next door is LongHorn Steakhouse which we also went to. I am a runner and I was able to do some running on sidewalks and roads that felt safe. The fountain when you walk into the hotel is beautiful and my kids LOVED it. The breakfast was a great selection of hot and cold items and a friendly worker directing and assisting customers. Overall I was very happy with our stay and would definitely recommend it and stay again myself!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest -

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. We take great pride in our cleanliness and service and are very pleased that you were happy during your stay. We also thank you for sharing your comments about the area, many people do worry about that when making their decision on where to stay.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!
Macedon, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms. Both nights, both rooms were fantastic. The first night was the king suite, which was sweet. Spacious with sleeper sofa, fridge, and microwave. The 2nd night was the a king room for hearing impaired (new years eve night) which was 1 of the 3 rooms they had left to book. Smaller than the suite as there was no sofa, but still a good sized room. Both rooms were clean. Beds were comfy. And no strange smells that some hotels have. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again. Breakfast was good. 2 waffle makers, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast and muffins. A great stay both nights. Large lobby area as well to sit and relax.

• Stayed December 2012
Michael H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We take great pride in our cleanliness and qualty of our hotel and I will be sure to share your review with our staff. We thank you for sharing your New Year experience with us and look forward to your return stay.

Thanks again!

Been to Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Florida Turnpike? Share your experiences!