“A break from the snow” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Frankfort, IL
“A break from the snow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed there last night before flying out of West Palm. Had good reviews so we used our points. Ideal location to the airport and car rental return. We had 2 complaints. They first sent us to the wrong room which had not been cleaned yet. They gave us another room which was nice, except for the bed which was unacceptable. It was extremely soft. When we told the hotel manager, Rebecca, she said it was a mattress on the 12th year of their 12 replacement policy. Which is unacceptable especially for a Marriott. We a new room, so maybe they are all like that, but we were offered a bed board. Rebecca couldn't have been nicer and did everything in her power to make us happy, including a free breakfast. Other than that, the hotel was spotless and everyone was extremely courteous. Would stay there again. Especially after they get the new mattresses. LOL!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
CKwitkowski,
Thank you for writing a review. I appreciate you recognizing our efforts in service and apologize again for any discomfort you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I'm pleased to know you would stay with us again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you again for your comments.

Rebecca Gabriel, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have stayed at many Courtyard Marriott before and they are always dependable. The pool area for this one hotel is really nice with beautiful landscaping. The only problem is we found out they ran out of towel when we were about to leave the pool area. The pool is warm and the water is clean. The room is rather small but the bathroom is big enough. There is a laundry facility at the premise. The hotel location is quite far from the main road which is nice and an added security/safety. Plenty of parking. The lobby and check in area is weird, it's really tiny but we were never there anyway so it doesn't matter.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Ben P,
We appreciate hearing about your stay with us at Courtyard West Palm Beach. My team and I take pride in ensuring all our guests receive the Marriott quality stay that they've come to expect from us. Your feedback on areas of opportunity is important to us. Thank you again for writing and please visit us again soon.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel was very nice. The lobby was great spacious and comfortable. Gym was just couple weights and a treadmill but pool and hottub was nice. Staff very friendly and helpful especially Dakota from the bar downstairs.

Zach J,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your visit at Courtyard West Palm Beach. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your work trip, and we're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay. I will be certain to share your kind comments with Dakota and our team for the friendly service delivered during your stay. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a great time! The lady working every night at front desk Linda, was very nice and helful. Will definitely come back. The shuttle in the morning was right on time and made it tomthe airport even thoughn I over slept!

s j,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard West Palm. We’re glad you had a great time and we appreciate you recognizing Linda’s hospitable service. We look forward to your return visit. Thanks again.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We needed a room with additional working space and booked the 2 room suite which was really very large and just perfect for us this trip. The hotel was very clean and seemingly recently refurbished. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and housekeeping was SO accommodating, making sure we had all the coffee, shampoo and lotion we might need. The two room suite had a small fridge for milk and juice, fruits, even a bottle of wine. There was a microwave and a sink, lots of cabinets. A supply of paper towels and additional glassware and coffee mugs would have been welcome. The bathroom had double sinks and plenty of counter space and the bed was very comfortable. We were not bothered by highway noise but our room was on the west side of the building. The surrounding area was nothing special, certainly but CityPlace was just a few miles away. My only complaint was that the rate was very high for the room but I expect it was the season. Still, I could have paid the same price for a decent room on Las Olas Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale but that location wouldn't have suited my needs for this visit. All in all, this was better than I expected and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: West side didn't get highway noise; 2 room suite was very large with separate living area.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Friscotravelers,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard West Palm Beach Airport, and thank you for your review. We're pleased to know our accommodations and service exceeded your expectations. We value your feedback on areas of opportunity and will certainly take your comments into consideration for improving our guest experience. Please plan to visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Fruitland Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights, very close to airport, room large comfy and clean, I wanted a non highway room, but none where available, but they tried! I just left the ac fan on all night, a good travel trick! Professional staff, good bistro , overall a good business stay!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Soapster1,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Courtyard West Palm Beach for your recent business trip. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we're glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I’ve stayed at many Courtyards across the country as Marriott is one of my preferred brands for business travel. This hotel was very disappointing, especially for the price. The room was small, old, dingy, and smelled – and cost $200 a night! I had a work colleague who was staying at this same hotel, and he was so disgusted he decided to check out after the first night. He was scheduled to stay all week, so I can understand why he wasn’t willing to remain in this hotel the entire week. Since I was only staying for two nights, it wasn’t worth the hassle of moving to a new hotel. But I will never stay at this Courtyard again, even though business will bring me back to the West Palm Beach area quite frequently.

In addition to the problems with the room itself, there were a couple customer service issues as well. Like many people, I was concerned about the recent data breaches at Target and other stores, so I had all of my credit card numbers changed earlier this year. At that time I provided Marriott with my new information and I also provided my new and valid credit card for the front desk staff to swipe at the time of check-in. So after a long day of work I returned to the hotel for my second night, hands full with luggage, to find that the keys to my room no longer worked. So I had to go back downstairs, hands full and luggage in tow, to find out why I was not able to get into my room. It turns out that for some reason an old credit card number was coming up (which was no longer valid), even they had swiped my new card at check-in. So they canceled out my room keys and locked me out of the room. Why this mix up with the credit cards numbers happened I don’t know and it really doesn’t matter, my problem was with how it was handled. As soon as the Marriott staff was notified that the credit card number wasn’t valid, they should have called me (instead of just locking me out of the room). That would have been the proactive thing to do. Then I could have stopped by the front office as soon as I got back to the hotel, instead of having to drag myself and my luggage upstairs, then back down to the front desk, then back up again.

Then, on the morning of check-out I looked at the bill slipped under my door and I noticed that I was double charged for one date, essentially being charged for three nights when I had only stayed two nights. So instead of being able to do an express checkout, I again had to stop by the front desk and work with the manager to get the extra night removed from my bill. If someone had actually looked at the bill before it was slipped under my door, they would have noticed the double room charge for the same night. But it seems that no one reviews the bills before they are slipped under the doors. Again, the staff at this hotel should have been proactive instead of reactive. In summary, my stay at this Courtyard was disappointing on all accounts and I won’t be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Radeksgrl,
We value your business and sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience, as well as your unhappiness with the way it was handled. Your feedback is important to us as we continuously strive to improve our services. We are again very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and hope to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Rebecca Gabriel, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott West Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!