“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Love this place food is great service is good great place for date night n family heighten restaurant I've been go there so many time .its one of my favorite Italian place in town

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having just moved back to my native WPB, after many years working in the airline industry, I was inquiring about new restaurants. My hairdresser at CityPlace recommended Vagabondi, on Belvedere. Coincidentally, a family friend, who is a well known, interior designer, had just opened a shop several doors down from this restaurant. My friend suggested that we have dinner there, to show support for a fellow business owner. He made a reservation for four, at 8:00, on a Tuesday night. We arrived promptly at eight and were seated at a nice table. My friend introduced himself to the owner, and said he had just moved in a few doors down. The service was rather slow, but the restaurant was full. Our food was wonderful! I had the beet salad, followed by scallops, as the main course. We were given a small basket of bread, but if we wanted more, we had to pay. I would think a restaurant of this caliber, would give the diner extra bread, without being charged. We passed on dessert, and asked for the check. A woman came to the table with a scanner attached to a tablet, in order to process the payment. My friend gave her his debit card that he uses for his business. He just checked the balance and there were more than sufficient funds to cover the $200.00 bill. The woman swiped his card, and announced it was declined. My friend was astounded and said there was no way this could be true. She tried again, with the same result. At this time she became rude, and acted as if my friend was trying to pull a fast one. He asked to speak to the owner, and when he came to the table, he was very defensive of the woman and announced to the restaurant that he had never had a card declined at his restaurant. If fact, he stated this again, and acted belligerent. My friend was upset and embarrassed, as he could have been entertaining clients. We produced a credit card and took care of the bill. Whatever happened to the motto, the customer is always right? Vagabondi handled this matter poorly, first of all by scanning cards at the table, and then making an issue of it in front of other patrons. Since they knew my friend was a fellow business owner in the same plaza, they should have quietly asked him to settle up the next day. Then we would have left happy, having had a pleasant dinner experience. There was a 92 year old woman in our party of four, who was literally shaking, after the rude treatment. I would suggest the management take a refresher course on how to treat customers. By the way, my friend called his bank the next day, and they said there had been no attempt to use his debit card the night before. The bank spoke to the owner to tell him there were sufficient funds there, and he needed to check his scanner. Also, the bank suggested he offer my friend an apology. This hasn't happened!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“On our FAVORITE THINGS list for 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We hosted a rehearsal dinner at the restaurant in November 2012 and the restaurant made us look fantastic and the compliments regarding the rehearsal dinner never stop. We hosted 31 guests which was the perfect number and we had exclusive use of the restaurant. The staff did an unbelievable job of making everyone feel welcome, of keeping up with the guests needs and meeting their every desire. Glasses were kept full, empty dishes removed, food served hot and in a timely manner. The meal selection included a nice variety and each guest could easily find something to tempt their tastebuds. Everyone's dinner looked fantastic and we didn't hear one dissatisfied comment about any meal. The portions were great and not only were there a nice selection of dishes to choose from but they all sounded and were wonderful from all the compliments we heard and what we experienced ourselves, including the appetizers. The staff worked with us to create an amazing and memorable evening and one where everyone could relax and enjoy a fun evening together prior to the big wedding day. The venue was outstanding and although we provided some personal decorations for the tables, it wasn't necessary because the tablecloths, votive candles and atmosphere made for a very appealing setting. We live in the Orlando area but the wedding was held in the West Palm Beach area. We had not previously been to the Vagabondi restaurant but amazing is all we can say. We would plan any event there and wanted to thank the restaurant owner's and staff for making it an event to remember and making us look so good. You could not have done anything any different, it was perfect. You are on our list of favorite things for 2012. Jon and Susan Fuller

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I went here on my birthday in Nov. 2012. We had heard good things about Vagabondi, and finally decided to give it a try. In short, we loved it. As others have said, it's a small place, only 10 or 12 tables, and simply but attractively decorated. The restaurant was not jam-packed that particular evening, a Tuesday, so it was quiet. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, and professional.
My wife and I shared the calamari appetizer. Delicious! We split a 1/2 bottle of extremely nice (and pricey -- $50) red wine, a pinot noir, I believe. I ordered the Wagyu strip steak. Scrumptious! Forgot what my wife ate for her entree, but she thought it was outstanding. The cheese cake dessert was really special, too.
All in all, a wonderful night out in West Palm Beach. This is a fairly pricey restaurant, but it's well worth it.
We will go back here, and not long from now. Next time, we may order a couple of their Italian dishes, as they have a good selection of pasta delights.
Note: It's very busy during the season (late Dec - Mar), so make reservations well in advance during that time of the year. They close for a month or two during the late summer, and in the off-season, they are open only a few days a week.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church, Virginia
“Nice Little Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Three of us reserved dinner at 8pm on a Thursday. Almost empty when arrived but completely full by time finished. Obviously a popular place. When I used to live in WPB there was nothing like this close to Flager Drive and Belvedere..used to be a hooker hangout. Times have changed and the dinner was most pleasant with excellantly prepared food. The fisherman's stew and pastas were simple but great. Would have given a 5 except for limited choices of appetizers, wine only, no one person assigned to table for service, and had to sign out on an electronic pad rather than signing paper (it only gave 15%, 18.5%, and I think 25% and 0% option for tip so when I tried 20% it required me to remeber total and write in exact $tip amount...so I went with the 18.5%). Would suggest scrapping the I-pad settlement process.

• Visited January 2013