“Fine Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I went here on my birthday in Nov. 2012. We had heard good things about Vagabondi, and finally decided to give it a try. In short, we loved it. As others have said, it's a small place, only 10 or 12 tables, and simply but attractively decorated. The restaurant was not jam-packed that particular evening, a Tuesday, so it was quiet. Our waitress was friendly, helpful, and professional.
My wife and I shared the calamari appetizer. Delicious! We split a 1/2 bottle of extremely nice (and pricey -- $50) red wine, a pinot noir, I believe. I ordered the Wagyu strip steak. Scrumptious! Forgot what my wife ate for her entree, but she thought it was outstanding. The cheese cake dessert was really special, too.
All in all, a wonderful night out in West Palm Beach. This is a fairly pricey restaurant, but it's well worth it.
We will go back here, and not long from now. Next time, we may order a couple of their Italian dishes, as they have a good selection of pasta delights.
Note: It's very busy during the season (late Dec - Mar), so make reservations well in advance during that time of the year. They close for a month or two during the late summer, and in the off-season, they are open only a few days a week.

• Visited November 2012

Falls Church, Virginia
“Nice Little Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Three of us reserved dinner at 8pm on a Thursday. Almost empty when arrived but completely full by time finished. Obviously a popular place. When I used to live in WPB there was nothing like this close to Flager Drive and Belvedere..used to be a hooker hangout. Times have changed and the dinner was most pleasant with excellantly prepared food. The fisherman's stew and pastas were simple but great. Would have given a 5 except for limited choices of appetizers, wine only, no one person assigned to table for service, and had to sign out on an electronic pad rather than signing paper (it only gave 15%, 18.5%, and I think 25% and 0% option for tip so when I tried 20% it required me to remeber total and write in exact $tip amount...so I went with the 18.5%). Would suggest scrapping the I-pad settlement process.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“Think "Chartering a Boat"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant with 32 seats where dinner is served based on what's in the market today. Small menu. Waitstaff has become a little quirky. Nothing for the gluten intolerant. Wine only and if you bring your own little bottle of vodka you run the risk of being banned from the kingdom.

• Visited December 2012
Zaandam, The Netherlands
“Great! Just great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a tiny treasure. Perfect contrast to most of the fancy looking but not worth a dime palm beach restaurants.
My favorite every time; beets salad!
Staff is great. Food is the best.

Palm Beach, Florida
“A Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went here with friends at their suggestion. We had heard good things about and were curious. The reviews in Trip Advisor were right on. This place is great. It is tiny and perhaps can hold 28-30 people. There is seating outside for maybe 12 people. Reservations are a must. The menu may not overwhelm anyone but the dishes are prepared and presented tastefully. I shared calamari as an appetizer which was tender and had a spicy sauce. My wife has a beef salad which she gave two thumbs up. Two of us had the ravioli which was phenomenal. Another had cobia which was a special and another had barley risotto with porcini and wild mushrooms. The wines seemed fairly priced and we took our servers suggestions. Prices ran from $10 to $39. The former was for an appetizer and the latter for an entree. Parking is tight but there is more parking at the adjacent shopping area. The bread was to die for and it was homemade. The desserts were, also, very tasty. It's was a wonderful dinner and we'll be going back soon. Reservations are a must.

• Visited December 2012