“SECOND visit is even better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hippocrates Health Institute

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Palm Beach
Hippocrates Health Institute
1443 Palmdale Court, West Palm Beach, FL 33411   |
Brookline, New Hampshire
“SECOND visit is even better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a health retreat designed to give you all the tools to heal yourself. Like any resort, you choose the level of accommodation you want to pay for. The second visit is much more enjoyable as it is "self-guided" and there's more time for relaxation rather than attending every workshop. While many are designed to sell you on therapies, most of them are extremely helpful. How FORTUNATE is Chef Ken & Pam ?!(a couple who both work at the Hippocrates facility) She gets to enjoy his incredible food, and he (most likely) gets awesome massages!!

Room Tip: We love the El Nido house----perfect for a couple who prefers privacy, but we understand it is to be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

At Hippocrates they show you how you can heal yourself. I found the staff caring beyond the call of duty. They suggest supplements and therapies which could help but there is NO pressure whatsoever to buy them. The food is amazingly delicious, no one could starve there. You can eat as much as you like. It is not cheap but all your food, accommodation and all day, everyday lectures are included, as well as some therapies. I was surprised by the warmth of Anna Marie and Brian who are not at all money grabbing. Of course it is a business - it has to be - the facilities are excellent. I met people who had been there for 3 weeks or more and their lives were turned around. I though it was worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Going for the fourth time now (three weeks each time). Hippocrates is a magical place that really makes a huge difference to one's overall wellbeing. I went in a wheelchair three years ago having been told that I'd never walk again and left three weeks later being able to do exercise classes back to back - walk three miles on the beach - and be pain free.

It is wonderful to me that we are only just now beginning to understand - scientifically - why this Hippocrates style health programme actually works - nutrigenomics explains much of what is going on here.

It's not a cult, it's not a centre for dippy hippies, it is a solid, careful, we'll thought out centre offering a sane programme that works for a great many people.

I resisted going to Hippocrates for a long time because people do tend to 'evangelise' about the place once they've been there and that put me off. However, when I finally went in desperation I understood it for what it is: A place for true healing. I now go every year and it keeps me mobile and virtually pain free. It's also a great place to de-stress and plan/strategise forthcoming projects.

Room Tip: Book early as you can. Also check to see if any large groups are going - it can be a problem if a b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Hippocrates Life Change Center was formerly Hippocrates Health Institute. It is a total supplement scam operation. If you are sick--especially if you have cancer or some other seriously life threatening disease, and are desperate to throw money at ANYTHING in a last ditch attempt to save your life...it may be worth considering. However, if you are one of those people who has any inclination to doubt...this would be the place to use it. This place lures you in to sell things to you at a very high mark up. Many of the spa services are offered by local service providers who offer the same services in their private offices for a fraction of the cost. The supplements are overpriced and there is a huge emphasis on spending, buying supplements and spa services. For the cost of a week at the Hippocrates cesspool, you could buy a LOT of raw vegetables and do just fine.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

From the moment I walked into Hippocrates I knew it was special. I was treated with so much care and patience and the education and healthcare provided was second to none. The doctors, nurses and staff were so knowledgeable and helpful and happy to answer my many questions.

The campus is beautiful and so tranquil with tropical plants, trees and water features everywhere you look - a perfect setting for healing to take place.

Wheatgrass is a vital part of the programme and they teach you how to incorporate this into a healthy lifestyle. Wheatgrass has become an integral part of my routine since returning and I now grow it myself at home. Since taking this amazing juice every morning I have noticed so many improvements including more energy, balanced blood sugar levels, beautiful skin and hair and better digestion. Better still, it is cheap to grow so everyone can do it.

I met so many amazing people while i was there, many of which had already healed themselves from serious health conditions using what Hippocrates Health Institute had taught them. The moving stories were endless and very inspiring.

I do think it is important to attend the 3 week programme to fully understand what is involved in living this lifestyle. I thought the Life Change Programme was expensive on first inspection, but after experiencing it, I realized just how much I was getting for my money and now consider it very reasonable.

The main health issue I went for has completely disappeared and I am seeing constant improvements as I continue to do what I learnt in my daily life. It does take commitment and dedication but I am willing to do this for a happy, healthful life. I can’t wait to go back there to complete their 6 week Health Educator Programme.

Although I went to Hippocrates for a physical condition, I was surprised how much I healed on an emotional level and gained so much clarity on the direction of my life. There is a very strong focus on understanding what makes you positive and happy rather than expecting nutrition and supplements to do the work. Dr. Brian Clements, the director of the centre, and all the staff constantly stressed this throughout the programme.

I would definitely recommend Hippocrates Health Institute to anyone, whether you have health issues or not. It has been an invaluable, life changing experience for me that I will always treasure.

Room Tip: Make sure you take extra cash as there are many opportunities to buy interesting books and equipment...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went to Hippocrates alone to prepare for a bone marrow transplant for leukaemia. I was weak and bald from 3 cycles of chemotherapy and six months in hospital. It was hard work but I knew that it help give me the best possible chance of a good outcome. For the first week I was tired, lonely and miserable and desperately wanted to go home. The staff were wonderful. They knew I was having a difficult time and the nurses and housekeepers could not have been more helpful or caring. The second week I did not want to leave ever as I was having such a good time. I made the most amazing friends and by the third week I was ready to come home with my renewed health and a growing hairstyle! Hippocrates did not cure me but gave me the tools to help my recovery. It was a big commitment to spend nearly £5,000 and travel alone from London but was a valuable investment in my health. The grounds are pretty and the pools are fantastic but it is the people that make Hippocrates special.

Room Tip: Prices vary from basic shared accommodation to brand new luxury suites. I stayed in one of the chea...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Jose CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have been coming here and other places like it for the last 17 years.
What a beautiful place this is. There is art all around and many uplifting people and places.

The one star reviewers are missing the whole point of the self healing process.
Step 1 - take responsibility for your own health care
Step 2 - examine your thinking as it relates to your health, do you deserve good health?
Step 3 - Let food be your medicine and examine what should be your food that is the most nutritious.
Step 4 - Exercise speeds up the process 9 fold

Do what has worked for others in the past.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hippocrates Health Institute? Share your experiences!