“Well worth the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hippocrates Health Institute

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Palm Beach
Hippocrates Health Institute
You added Hippocrates Health Institute to your Saves list
1466 Hippocrates Way, West Palm Beach, FL 33411   |
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

At Hippocrates they show you how you can heal yourself. I found the staff caring beyond the call of duty. They suggest supplements and therapies which could help but there is NO pressure whatsoever to buy them. The food is amazingly delicious, no one could starve there. You can eat as much as you like. It is not cheap but all your food, accommodation and all day, everyday lectures are included, as well as some therapies. I was surprised by the warmth of Anna Marie and Brian who are not at all money grabbing. Of course it is a business - it has to be - the facilities are excellent. I met people who had been there for 3 weeks or more and their lives were turned around. I though it was worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Going for the fourth time now (three weeks each time). Hippocrates is a magical place that really makes a huge difference to one's overall wellbeing. I went in a wheelchair three years ago having been told that I'd never walk again and left three weeks later being able to do exercise classes back to back - walk three miles on the beach - and be pain free.

It is wonderful to me that we are only just now beginning to understand - scientifically - why this Hippocrates style health programme actually works - nutrigenomics explains much of what is going on here.

It's not a cult, it's not a centre for dippy hippies, it is a solid, careful, we'll thought out centre offering a sane programme that works for a great many people.

I resisted going to Hippocrates for a long time because people do tend to 'evangelise' about the place once they've been there and that put me off. However, when I finally went in desperation I understood it for what it is: A place for true healing. I now go every year and it keeps me mobile and virtually pain free. It's also a great place to de-stress and plan/strategise forthcoming projects.

Room Tip: Book early as you can. Also check to see if any large groups are going - it can be a problem if a b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Hippocrates Life Change Center was formerly Hippocrates Health Institute. It is a total supplement scam operation. If you are sick--especially if you have cancer or some other seriously life threatening disease, and are desperate to throw money at ANYTHING in a last ditch attempt to save your life...it may be worth considering. However, if you are one of those people who has any inclination to doubt...this would be the place to use it. This place lures you in to sell things to you at a very high mark up. Many of the spa services are offered by local service providers who offer the same services in their private offices for a fraction of the cost. The supplements are overpriced and there is a huge emphasis on spending, buying supplements and spa services. For the cost of a week at the Hippocrates cesspool, you could buy a LOT of raw vegetables and do just fine.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went to Hippocrates alone to prepare for a bone marrow transplant for leukaemia. I was weak and bald from 3 cycles of chemotherapy and six months in hospital. It was hard work but I knew that it help give me the best possible chance of a good outcome. For the first week I was tired, lonely and miserable and desperately wanted to go home. The staff were wonderful. They knew I was having a difficult time and the nurses and housekeepers could not have been more helpful or caring. The second week I did not want to leave ever as I was having such a good time. I made the most amazing friends and by the third week I was ready to come home with my renewed health and a growing hairstyle! Hippocrates did not cure me but gave me the tools to help my recovery. It was a big commitment to spend nearly £5,000 and travel alone from London but was a valuable investment in my health. The grounds are pretty and the pools are fantastic but it is the people that make Hippocrates special.

Room Tip: Prices vary from basic shared accommodation to brand new luxury suites. I stayed in one of the chea...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
San Jose CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

I have been coming here and other places like it for the last 17 years.
What a beautiful place this is. There is art all around and many uplifting people and places.

The one star reviewers are missing the whole point of the self healing process.
Step 1 - take responsibility for your own health care
Step 2 - examine your thinking as it relates to your health, do you deserve good health?
Step 3 - Let food be your medicine and examine what should be your food that is the most nutritious.
Step 4 - Exercise speeds up the process 9 fold

Do what has worked for others in the past.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
palo alto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

very supplement and product oriented. food is salty bland and not well done. same 5o veggies every day, 2 new dishes daily...some rooms are moldy get a remodeled one, moniter u weight i went from 6% to 3 % bfi and lost 12 pounds i didnt need to use. not well organized or uneven customer service oriented. weather can be great. aubrey products in rooms are great. casa grande/el darado are clean......ohi is better...........

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I was really saddened to read the previous low-scoring reviews after I had booked a three week visit at the Hippocrates Health Institute at west Palm Beach. I was still looking forward to going, but was wary. However, after three weeks there and returning and re-reading those reviews, I cannot see how we were reviewing the same place.
I understand that each of us is different in opinion and that our experiences are seldom the same, but I personally found this place to be one of the most friendly and supportive environments - dedicated to your comfort and healing - that I have ever experienced.
The food, albeit limited due to its "rawness" was often repetitive, yet simultaneously : creative, tasty and at times downright delicious... especially the Saturday night ice-cream treat!
The treatments can be pricey but were included in the price and not an essential part of the package. The therapists were charming, sweet and funny and all the staff at the front desk/reception could not do enough for you. Not to mention the nurses and kitchen staff. If I hadn't heard the same thing from all of the other guests too, I would have thought they were giving me special attention!
One can't help wondering whether it could be a little cheaper, but considering the amount of (dedicated) staff running around and the all-inclusive price, I would say it was fair. The rooms are not 5 star hotel chic, as the accomodation is basically in houses within the massive 40 acre plot, but they were comfortable, practical air-conditioned and cleaned daily.

What I wasn't prepared for was the amount of people who had attended the place before and healed from life threatening illnesses. This not to say that Brian or Anna Maria, or indeed any other of the staff, healed them; but that they took the lessons learned home with them and implemented them, which led them away from expected death and onto a health life. I went along to Hippoctrates having been ill for nearly 12 years, with a deblitating and chronic illness that had left me slumped in a bed for the majority of that time. Since my return two months ago the turnaround in my health has been miraculous. Following their programme suggestions as closely as possible, I already feel about 50% better. I cannot quite believe it myself. My energy is stronger, remarkably so, and people tell me I look so much better with clearer skin and brighter eyes. Furthermore, I have lost two stone and fell lighter and more lithe. I would be happy to simply say that these are the results of the programme for me, but I met person after person who had previously healed and/or were feeling improvements during their stay. Whether they were mild or massive, those health improvements were there for all to see and hear.
What you do when you get home and how easy it is to implement all the advice and recommendeations is another story, simple for some less so for others; but in terms of reviewing Hippocrates Health Institute: I can honestly say that my life has benn changed 100% for the better by the Life-Change Program.

In short: Go to Hippocrates, if it's the only thing in life you ever do.

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Hippocrates Health Institute? Share your experiences!