“My room was sold out from under me.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central

You added Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central to your Saves list
Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 (Formerly Crowne Plaza West Palm Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Karachi, Pakistan
“My room was sold out from under me.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am a Marine who was on a vacation from Pakistan visiting family. I wanted to stay at a nice hotel and a friend was not well and I stayed with them for a few days. I booked a non refundable room at the Embassy Suites. I went back to stay at the hotel only to be told my room was sold out from under me to another person. The general manager said since the room looked vacant that it was my fault and should have told the front desk that I was leaving with the intention of reuturning. So I guess I should have told them I was going to lunch as well. The hotel not only collected money off of me for the room but off of another family. It is not right in my eyes. The general manager refunded me one night for the inconvience but I want to be refunded from the point I was checked out and the contract was broken. I was supposed to own the room for 6 nights. Its not right in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear PhillipR42,
Thank for choosing the Embassy Suites! We want to apologize for any issues during your stay. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance. We hope to see you in the near future.

Jay Badillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Manassas Park, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

From 12/25 - January 02,2014
Best hotel ever , front desks need to smile tho but the rest are just so nice
Many thanks to Lisa , Joseph the driver , Lori , ileana fox and olive at the bar and restaurant , we will for sure comeback in December to spend Christmas and new year in That place , if you looking for a nice hotels choose the Embassy suites west palm beach .

Room Tip: Room 403 but I'm sure all rooms are the same
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Mia,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you're stay!
I hope see back in the near future. Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel.

Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here over Christmas as my daughter's place is too small for us. Not only was it easy to get to and from the airport, but was very accessible to the different beaches, to City Place, to the coast towns and further inland where she lives. The high corner suite was great for the three of us. The poor temperature was like a bathtub. The breakfast buffet was great and the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We tried the reception one night only - pretty minimal food. Excellent value for the price.

Dear Skofil,
Thanks for choosing the Embassy Suites. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay. Also that we had several destinations that were close to where you needed to go ! We hope to see you in the near future!

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had an beautiful view of downtown from my room and the extra large sectional sofa in the living room allowed all three of us to enjoy looking out as well as relax to watch a movie. The service was also outstanding.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Misty F,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites! Its great to hear that you enjoyed you're stay! I am glad to hear that the complimentary breakfast and manager's reception was great! We hope to see in the near future. If theres anything you please let us know. It is always pleasure.

St. Louis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The good: the water temperature of the pool was simply perfect. Best ever. The worst experience I ever had at any cocktail reception anywhere. Long wait (only one bartender which was NOT the problem.: While waiting to be served, the bartender "past over" my family and served three other parties who came after us. The complimentary breakfast was as good as to expected in any Embassy Suites -- except the coffee. It was not freshly brewed, but was machine-dispensed from liquid concentrates. Couldn't believe any Hilton-brand hotel would do that.

Dear Dat T,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites! Its great to hear that you enjoyed you're stay! I am glad to hear that the complimentary breakfast was great! We hope to see in the near future. If theres anything you please let us know. It is always pleasure.

Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

When we first walked into our suite we were really impressed but then after looking closer, the impression changed. On the positive side, the beds were comfortable and the furniture was really modern and nice. But the coffee maker and cups were missing and the counter top in the 'kitchenette' was sticky (eww!). Because it was pretty late (11 p.m.) I didn't ask to moved but normally I would have. The tub had what appeared to be mold in the corner, the counter in the bedroom where the tv was sitting was dirty, The room sleeps 6 but yet they didn't have enough towels and washcloths for the four of us. I had to take some from the maid's cart in the morning along with a box of tissues (as the container for the tissues in the room was empty). Mixed opinion on the staff, some were friendly others were indifferent. There was a nice buffet included in the stay but the omelet chef had a tip jar - tacky. We had an incident where my sister accidentally ordered a tv show on pay per view, the menu said free on-demand and we were going to be charged $5 to see The Voice (really, who would pay to watch that?) and the front desk refunded the charge for me without any problems. The lobby area was very nice and if we had had a clean well-stocked room the rating would be much higher. Last but not least, the icemaker on the third floor was broken.

Wellington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with a friend for a birthday celebration. I live locally but had never stayed at Embassy Suites. The suites were large and tastefully furnished, the beds comfortable, the staff were exceptionally friendly and we also enjoyed the evening cocktail hour. I would recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I have the opportunity

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Cheryl K,
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites! Its great to hear that you enjoyed you're stay! I am glad to hear that the Manager's Reception was great! We hope to see you in the near future! It is always pleasure.

Jay Badillo

Been to Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central? Share your experiences!