“Not going to stay again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central

You added Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central to your Saves list
Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 (Formerly Crowne Plaza West Palm Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Not going to stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am an HHonors member and stay exclusively at Hilton Hotels every week. Hilton might want to send someone to this location to teach the staff the words "CUSTOMER SERVICE". Everyone was rude from the front desk to housekeeping. As a HHonors member I am entitled to certain perks but not here, not even a bottle of water. Being the whole staff acts like they could care less about anything it must come from the management. What a shame.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Kevin W,
I send my dearest apologies to you for the inconvenience of your stay. Myself, and my management staff are working very hard with housekeeping and front desk to improve our customer service. We appreciate your business. If you’re ever in the area we would appreciate it if you would give us another chance.

Jay Badillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
San Antonio, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Customer Service was terrible! The Manager's reception ran out of wine 10 minutes into the reception and they were terribly rude about the situation. Our room was not up to Embassy Suites Standards! When I mentioned the tiles falling off the wall in the shower, I was met with a rude response from the front desk individual. There were NO TOWELS in the pool area and again were rude and did not respond when I inquired. The location is close to the airport however, for my next visit I will travel a little further to get better quality. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The quality of this hotel is NOT up to Embassy Suites Standards. Tiles falling off wall and staff w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Charlene M,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of your stay.
I do apologize for the service and for the lack of attention to detail in our rooms and pool supplies. We have addressed all areas in which you mentioned in your review and I believe this only helps us to do a better job when it is brought to our attention.
Again I do apologize and certainly appreciate you taking the time to review us. I hope if you are in the area again that you will give us another chance.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great proximity to the airport. This hotel has clean and large rooms that are great to stay for the night. The Manager's reception in the evenings were a nice way to relax and eat some snacks. The breakfast was great with the cooked to order omelets. Atrium is very large and a relaxing place to eat. Pool and fitness centers are suitable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear thomaki23,
Thank you for your great comments on our property. I am glad hear that you were happy with our breakfast and Manager's reception. We will be renovating our fitness center in just a couple of weeks.
I hope that you stay with us again in the future and let us know what you think of our new fitness center.
Thank you again for the positive feedback it is greatly appreciated.
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall, the hotel is very good. The suites are spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately, it's the little things that spoil it. For example, there's a coffee maker in the room ... but they only supply paper cups! The coffee it produces, unfortunately is like weak dish water. I actually purchased a $1 coffee mug from Walmart to use during my stay and Starbucks microground coffee that makes a very acceptable backup .. in these circumstances. The lighting is a little confusing as well. When I arrived I ended up groping around in the dark, because I couldn't work out how to put the lights on. There's no switch as you enter the room. You have to go around working out how to switch on the various lamps .. assuming you can find them in the dark!
There were two large flat screen TVs in the suite, but no way of deciphering what's on. I never managed to find a program guide, so just gave up. It's fine if you just like to channel hop until you find something, but I personally would rather decide on my viewing from a listing.
On the plus side ... the internet connection is quite good, so I was able to find online entertainment that kept me amused.
Another irritation is the orientation of the hotel. Beautiful climate, but the pool and seating area is completely in the shade all afternoon. I couldn't find anywhere to sit out and enjoy the sunshine, which is a shame.
For an extended stay, the laundry facilities are very good. Coin operated but quick and efficient. 35 minutes to wash and about 25 mins to dry ... all for $3.00 ($1.50 for each). Comfortable chairs, so take a good sudoku .. and you're set.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Visitor from UK,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations . I understand the amenities in your room was of concern,as well as the mechanics. I agree that sometime it can be the little things that make the difference. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent four days at this Embassy Suites. Upon check-in, I discovered my bathroom outlet did not work, living room television remote did not work, and no hotel service directory/room service menu in room. After submitting three requests to the front desk, I finally had my issues resolved on the third day of my stay. My room never felt quite clean. The halls were in need of vacuuming. As a Hilton Honors member, I had to remind the front desk of my onsite benefits. All the energy expended in ensuring that I had a functional room was too exhausting. Boy, was I glad to get home on Friday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Business Trav...,
Thank you for takint the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I will definately look into all of the concerns that you mentioned. We appreciate your information as this only helps us and is certainly very valuable.
Once again I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope that if you are in the area again that you would give us a second chance.

Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had originally booked a different hotel but then our friends who we were visiting emailed me that it was in a bad part of town where there was a lot of crime and she suggested that we stay at Embassy Suites instead which we did. We loved this hotel! The suite was very comfortable! I would have liked to have a safe in the room. There was plenty of free parking, a plus! The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal! There was an omelet bar as well as a buffet! We were pleased that we had made the switch!

Room Tip: I booked through my AAA and got a good rate
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear MissyE,
I would like to thank you for the great review, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We are pleased that your friend recommended us that is exactly the advertizing we love to hear about. I hope that you come back to see us soon. Again thank you for taking the time to express your experience with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We will be relocating from this hotel. Positives: Breakfast, the made to order omelettes were great and the rest of the self-serve breakfast was good. Negatives: Pool is not heated. Fitness facility is empty of equipment. Free shuttle service to City Center was great on the way there. We called for the shuttle to pick us up from City Center. We were told they would tell the driver and the shuttle would be there to pick us up. We waited 10 minutes after the scheduled pick up time and then hopped in the taxi that came by. This was quite fortunate for us as when we walked into the lobby, there stood the shuttle driver talking to the front desk staff to whom we just spoke. Obviously the opportunity to tell the driver was there. I really feel that they should issue a $12 credit to my charges, for the cab ride with tip. They didn't care.

Our room is spacious but our toilet is loud, faucet makes a noise and like one of the other reviewers wrote, we too unplugged the noisy refrigerator. The HVAC makes an unbearable squeaking noise too.

Overall, housekeeping staff is great and the omelette guy is too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Lyndieback,
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear of your disappointments. We are undergoing renovations in our Fitness Center which would be the reason for no equiptment.
We appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to improve in the areas that are in need of attention. I hope that if you are in our area that you will give us a second chance.
Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these situations to our attention.
Jay Badillo

Been to Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central? Share your experiences!