“Very good, but let down by the small things” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central

You added Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central to your Saves list
Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33406 (Formerly Crowne Plaza West Palm Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Very good, but let down by the small things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall, the hotel is very good. The suites are spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately, it's the little things that spoil it. For example, there's a coffee maker in the room ... but they only supply paper cups! The coffee it produces, unfortunately is like weak dish water. I actually purchased a $1 coffee mug from Walmart to use during my stay and Starbucks microground coffee that makes a very acceptable backup .. in these circumstances. The lighting is a little confusing as well. When I arrived I ended up groping around in the dark, because I couldn't work out how to put the lights on. There's no switch as you enter the room. You have to go around working out how to switch on the various lamps .. assuming you can find them in the dark!
There were two large flat screen TVs in the suite, but no way of deciphering what's on. I never managed to find a program guide, so just gave up. It's fine if you just like to channel hop until you find something, but I personally would rather decide on my viewing from a listing.
On the plus side ... the internet connection is quite good, so I was able to find online entertainment that kept me amused.
Another irritation is the orientation of the hotel. Beautiful climate, but the pool and seating area is completely in the shade all afternoon. I couldn't find anywhere to sit out and enjoy the sunshine, which is a shame.
For an extended stay, the laundry facilities are very good. Coin operated but quick and efficient. 35 minutes to wash and about 25 mins to dry ... all for $3.00 ($1.50 for each). Comfortable chairs, so take a good sudoku .. and you're set.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Visitor from UK,

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations . I understand the amenities in your room was of concern,as well as the mechanics. I agree that sometime it can be the little things that make the difference. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options.
Jay Badillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent four days at this Embassy Suites. Upon check-in, I discovered my bathroom outlet did not work, living room television remote did not work, and no hotel service directory/room service menu in room. After submitting three requests to the front desk, I finally had my issues resolved on the third day of my stay. My room never felt quite clean. The halls were in need of vacuuming. As a Hilton Honors member, I had to remind the front desk of my onsite benefits. All the energy expended in ensuring that I had a functional room was too exhausting. Boy, was I glad to get home on Friday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Business Trav...,
Thank you for takint the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I will definately look into all of the concerns that you mentioned. We appreciate your information as this only helps us and is certainly very valuable.
Once again I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope that if you are in the area again that you would give us a second chance.

Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had originally booked a different hotel but then our friends who we were visiting emailed me that it was in a bad part of town where there was a lot of crime and she suggested that we stay at Embassy Suites instead which we did. We loved this hotel! The suite was very comfortable! I would have liked to have a safe in the room. There was plenty of free parking, a plus! The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal! There was an omelet bar as well as a buffet! We were pleased that we had made the switch!

Room Tip: I booked through my AAA and got a good rate
Dear MissyE,
I would like to thank you for the great review, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We are pleased that your friend recommended us that is exactly the advertizing we love to hear about. I hope that you come back to see us soon. Again thank you for taking the time to express your experience with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We will be relocating from this hotel. Positives: Breakfast, the made to order omelettes were great and the rest of the self-serve breakfast was good. Negatives: Pool is not heated. Fitness facility is empty of equipment. Free shuttle service to City Center was great on the way there. We called for the shuttle to pick us up from City Center. We were told they would tell the driver and the shuttle would be there to pick us up. We waited 10 minutes after the scheduled pick up time and then hopped in the taxi that came by. This was quite fortunate for us as when we walked into the lobby, there stood the shuttle driver talking to the front desk staff to whom we just spoke. Obviously the opportunity to tell the driver was there. I really feel that they should issue a $12 credit to my charges, for the cab ride with tip. They didn't care.

Our room is spacious but our toilet is loud, faucet makes a noise and like one of the other reviewers wrote, we too unplugged the noisy refrigerator. The HVAC makes an unbearable squeaking noise too.

Overall, housekeeping staff is great and the omelette guy is too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Lyndieback,
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear of your disappointments. We are undergoing renovations in our Fitness Center which would be the reason for no equiptment.
We appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to improve in the areas that are in need of attention. I hope that if you are in our area that you will give us a second chance.
Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these situations to our attention.
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

All in all I liked this property. Drive up and unloading was easy. There was plenty of parking and there was no charge as was the case at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach FL. The breakfast area was large well appointed and the food very good. My ONLY real complaint was that (we stayed in a handicap one bedroom suite) there was no counter in the bathroom at the sink and the bathroom was not near the bedroom. My companion and I slept on the pull-out couch bed and were surprised to see that the mattress was still in a plastic enclosure. The sheet had been applied over the plastic enclosed mattress which we removed. Other than that I thought the quality and service were a good value

Dear Will3642,
Thank you for taking time to share your expereience with us here at the Embassy Suites. It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast during your visit. We hope that you will consider us with any future trips to our area and please know we do have several other types of suites that I am sure would be very comfortable for you and your companion.
Again thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a view of the flat roof section of the property. The room was handicapped accessible. The bathroom was clean but not much shelf space at all. My mother had trouble navigating without anywhere to put her toiletries. The bedroom was smaller but seemed adequate. There was no place to hang clothes as you entered the room (no closet for people using the living room as a sleeping space). Pull out sofa was okay. The door to the private bedroom was frosted clear and the light from the bedroom shined into the living room. There was no way to lock the bedroom door. This suite lacked privacy for 3 adults that are not related. The staff at the property were much friendlier than the Embassy we stayed at last night. We were greeted when we entered and front desk staff was helpful. The breakfast room was nicer and the food was better also. I would return to this property again but would not book a suite for privacy.

Room Tip: Make sure there is a bedroom door versus a frosted glass pocket door with no locks for privacy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Karenk1210,
Thank you for your review and for the compliments on the front desk staff.
I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your accommodations.
Our accessible rooms are indeed designed specifically for those with special needs.
We do have other suites that would better suit your needs so please give us a call if in the area again so that we can make sure that you will have the room type that you are expecting.
We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

While the hotel was in reasonable condition, it had some issues regarding cleaning. In particular, the floors in several locations were sticky as was the table I sat at for breakfast. This caused an overall impression that the hotel did not place a high priority on cleaning.

Other than this issue, the hotel was decent hotel for a business trip. The corner room I had was large and in good shape. The front desk staff was friendly. The dinner I had at the hotel was just ok.

Overall, I have stayed at worse hotels, but this one is certainly nothing special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMBadillo, General Manager at Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
DearCopanoJoe,
Thank you for the information you have provided of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority.
I am always looking for reviews to provide us with valuable information to improve our guest experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to review us and let us know how we are doing . I hope that you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Jay Badillo

Been to Embassy Suites West Palm Beach - Central? Share your experiences!