“No Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
“No Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for 3 nights, starting the 31st of December, 2012 with departure on the 2nd of January, 2013. Our first night was OK but when we came back from the beach to get dressed for our New Years eve party, imagine our surprise when we found our bed unmade, no clean towels and the room had not been cleaned. Not something you want to deal with on New Years eve but we tried to so that at least we would have a made up bed to return to. Unfortunately no staff could be found at the front desk. We were left with no option but to go to a friends house to bath and change. We immediately left, we could not check out as there was no one there to check us out. We relayed this information to Hotels.com who promised to take it up with the manager when he returned this they did not do and told us we would get no refund. I would highly recommend anyone not to use Hotel.com as once they have your booking tough luck if its not what you expected as for Hotel Biba, definatyely needs new management.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotel.com
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We arrived about 9pm after a long flight, and a drive from Miami airport,to be greeted warmly by the receptionist and very quickly given our rooms, we had booked 2 king garden rooms, and were not disappointed, they were simply but chic furnished, very spacious, with very nice bathrooms, crisp white bedding, comfy bed, fluffy white towels, and spotless. (I completely agree that a chest of drawers is needed)as the wardrobe only as one shelf in it. Breakfast was lovely, good choice of cereals, jugs of milk, orange juice, coffee, tea, bagels, croissants, cheese, yogurts, fresh fruit, all served and replenished by a lovely girl. Breakfast is taken in the garden which is pleasant, only once did we have to eat inside in the bar area, because the weather was cool. We didn't use the pool but it looked fine. We did hear the train on the first night but not after that, so that want a problem. All in all a very pleasant 7 nights, would certainly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a garden room.
Congers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel Biba was perfect for my stay as I was traveling alone. The staff was friendly and helpful. My first room was a little tired looking and smelled musty and a/c very noisy but the hotel gave me a new room with a brand new a/c which was clean and comfortable. When I arrived at the hotel it was hard to find at night and I had to call hotel for more specific directions. Better lighting on the sign would be helpful. Contiental breakfast which was included was perfect and easy. Since the owners seem to be in the process of renovating, I would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First off I should say that I own my own boutique guesthouse in Key West. I have a more profound understanding of what people expect from their hotel stay and also know how difficult some people are to please. This was my second stay at that Biba Hotel and once again I was pleased. Don't stay here expecting a high end, over the top decorated full service hotel....the Biba is not that. What it IS is wonderful, quirky, converted motor inn of yesteryears utilizing fun bright colors and simple concept designs to make the most of the small rooms. This isn't a luxurious place but neither are the prices.....so those that can't appreciate the esthetic that the owners/operators have brought here won't understand. The rooms are simple, the floors are TERAZZO which are somewhat unique to Florida so for people that haven't traveled much these may be a mystery (someone called them old kitchen floors LOL, but the fact is the owners should be commended for preserving these original floors, not criticized!!!) These floors are easy to keep clean and stay cool....very important when you live in Florida. My own home has this type of original flooring throughout and I wouldn't dream of destroying them or covering them with carpet. Speaking of clean....the room was immaculate, even by my standards. They provide everything you could need unless your one of those guests that like to steal towels and hoard amenities. The staff is professional, kind and helpful. The location is perfect and considering that the surrounding area is very pricey again you can't beat the rate for what you get. We stayed in a queen room for $124 for the night. They don't have room service or a restaurant so the stars are not applicable for that though I did give stars for "restaurant" based on the simple AND included breakfast which is more than satisfactory: coffee, tea, yogurt, croissants, bagels, pastries, juices, cereals and organic fruit when available.......really what more can you as for? So, in closing I want to thank Yvonne and her two lovely and helpful daughters. They are all an asset to the Biba, I would gladly employ them they lived in Key West. I once again enjoyed my stay and will
be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cranford, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I like small, boutique hotels but this one was a major disappointment. So much potential but owners really need to bring it up several notches. It was dark, dirty, with a musty smell, cheap furniture ( and very little of it). My bed was off the headboard by about 10 inches, room was so dark it was depressing. I was in Florida for goodness sake. Let the sun shine in!!! I booked 4 nights but left after one night and went to Bradley Park Hotel. What a difference. My vacation was rescued.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in a nice, clean room and the only sound we heard at night was of a train passing by a few streets away. We had a look at the swimming pool, seemed okay but we never used it. Breakfast was in a place called the Biba Bar, which proved a bit small, not many chairs or tables so we had breakfast outside. Bagels were excellent though and there was fresh juice, good coffee. Parking lot was sometimes full when arriving back at the hotel later in the evening, but parking behind the hotel was possible too.

Central CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and were very disappointed before we saw the room. Once we entered the room I was ready to leave. Since we prepaid we decided to stay. The floor is not carpeted but rather looks like an old kitchen floor from the 50's. the closet is open with a few shelves built in. They do not have central air but there is a unit in each room. When I booked through American Express I was told that the rating was 4.5 stars. Looking at the pictures on line I was impressed. The pictures show a nice hotel. Photoshop or another program must have enhanced them. The cost is somewhat reasonable but we paid the same price at the Sheraton 2 weeks ago. We had to move the bed to access the electrical outlets. Dirt and dust balls were what we found. Then the bugs appeared. I know that bugs can be a problem in south FL but I have never seen bugs in any other hotel down here. Save yourself the trouble and book someplace else. We will be checking out early and if we do not get a refund I will deal with that later.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Biba? Share your experiences!