“Passable Indian cuisine in WPB” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #136 of 550 restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Tel. 561-616-8585 Fax 561-616-5525 Email: tasteofbombayflorida@yahoo.com
Pebble Beach
“Passable Indian cuisine in WPB”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We go to the lunch buffet as a group from work on occasion. The buffet is just okay, but with limited vegetarian options and too much oil for my taste. The rice is often a bit oily as well. The level of spice is medium-low. Off the buffet, the dishes were passable, not succulent. Still, the Indian options in the area are extremely limited, so if you are living in the area, you should try Saffron at some point.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I generally avoid restaurants in shopping malls, but this exception proved the rule. The decor had an authentic feel, without being over the top. The wait staff was very helpful. Our tandoori lamb chops, eggplant and peas, and buttered nan were delicious. (I wish I knew what the ingredients were in the sauce served with the nan. It seemed similiar to Middle Eastern tsatsiki, but with sweet onions.) Our total bill for dinner, including a large Indian beer which we split, was under $60. We will return during this visit.

Visited June 2013
Lake Park
“Great lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

They have a great lunch buffet, but it is only Mon - Fri. There are many vegetarian dishes & it is the only place where I can consistently get curried goat on the table. The Tandori chicken is excellent. Their choices are many & varied on that long buffet table, but unfortunately their price is too high to do this on any regular basis, but it is a great occasional splurge.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Exotically wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I absolutely was delighted to find this "perfect" Indian restaurant! I say "perfect" as an American who has never been to India, but love the "idea" of India and watch lots of Bollywood films. The decor and atmosphere was "perfect" with Indian decorations and clean snow while table linens. I went for the lunch buffet. The buffet is displayed on a long table with big /basscopper like decorative tagine type kettles. There is a wide variety of curry, tandoori, etc. The wait staff all appear to be Indian and they are most attentive with the naan bread and drinks. I can't wait to return and definitely will tell friends about how lovely this place is. Thank you Saffron for a lovely visit and meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Fair Indian food and Indian decoration to go with it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stumbled on this Indian Restaurant while passing through West Palm Beach. I craved for Indian Food as soon as I saw the restaurant. The food was good but not great. It was also a little expensive for what was served. Service was informal and friendly. It was not professional. The waitress who brought our plates was pressing the face of the plates against her chest. She was clueless when I asked her to change the plate even after I explained the reason. I like Indian food and I would eat here again if there were no other Indian Restaurants around.

• Visited February 2013