“Great Local "Dive" in Old Northwood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast and lunch spot
Description: Breakfast and lunch spot
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great Local "Dive" in Old Northwood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This Is It Cafe is pretty much your old school local diner, slightly dressed to keep with the new Village vibe. It's great for breakfast and lunch in the Old Norwood Village.

Visited November 2013

Stuart, Florida
“Good Local Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The This is It name is strong in West Palm Beach. This is It Cafe is not anything like its predecessor, This is It Pub. The owners of Cafe are the sons of the the deceased proprietors of the Pub. Nevertheless, this is a great local restaurant for breakfast and lunch. It is steady and dependable. We have eaten there a number of times and recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good local diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The food is okay but I feel as if it is missing something. Maybe having a new chef in the kitchen to spice up their existing recipes will bring forth a larger crowd.
The relationship the staff has developed with the regular customers is wonderful.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good Neighborhood Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just wanted a quick breakfast nothing too special. I noticed this place and stopped in. It had the look of a dinner I know in NYC. So I sat down and ordered my fav & usual on the road breakfast. I started noticing other plates as they went by. I began to get excited cause the portions looked big enough to satisfy even me. Well, when I got my order, pancakes, eggs, and gritts with turkey sausage, I was very pleased with the portions and the preparation. I continued to look at other plates as they were delivered,and I saw other dishes being served that I'd like to try next time I go back. The coffee was fair, I had two cups. I also noticed as folks came in, many of them knew the staff. Yeah... I started people watching... I got the feeling this place is a favorite of many people in and out of the neighborhood.

Now I'm wondering how lunch is. I'll be back in the area in a few weeks, I'll leave a comment about that visit. I'm expecting it to be pretty good.

we'll see...

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“not bad but they don' t get it your way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had been there many times over past few years with positive experience. My husband and I went today (used to go for for dinner many years ago when it was "This Is It Pub" and loved it." When asked how we wanted our burgers both said very pink but not raw. The burgers were very overcooked although still tasty but not any pink to be found. Pretty thin patties which I don't recall from before maybe why they were so overcooked. Seems like cutting corners these days unfortunately.

• Visited March 2013