“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%!
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and i don't normally stay in hotels when we visit Florida however this year we decided that we wanted to explore the atlantic coast of Florida, we spend 4 nights at the Homewood Suites West Palm Beach and really enjoyed our stay. The room was big and spacious it had a small kitchen area with a microwave and a coffee maker. The bathroom was nice the shower was big but there was a small issue of mould in the grout but you get that in most showers anyway. The staff were better than you would expect from a hotel on the side of an interstate, Friendly, helpful and pleasant. Unfortunately i had to visit the hospital and my dad went to reception to find out where the local hospital was the man gave us the directions and for the rest of our stay continued to ask my father everyday 'How is your daughter today?' The breakfast was nice, and it changed daily, the waffles were delicious! The dinners were as to be expected for free. However at times it did get slightly uncomfortable when you realise you are surrounded by poorly children and adults, I assume they stay there cause iy is close to the hospital . But don't let that put you off this hotel, it was by far the best hotel i've stayed in, in years!

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Allen Park, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

After leaving Tampa My wife and I decided to travel to West Palm Beach so we made reservations at the Homewood Suites Hilton in WPB.

Purpose
We mainly came to West Palm Beach because the weather in Tampa was on the decline and WPB proved to have better conditions for our 1 week vacation. Then again we had 10” of snow deposited in our home town recently so anywhere above 60 would have been nice.

Hotel Staff
Excellent – Friendly and professional – Very helpful and courteous

Room
The rooms were excellent – very comfortable home away from home sort of speak. It was nice to come back to a room and relax in the living area rather than sitting on a bed all day. The kitchen – refrigerator – dishwasher and microwave were absolute pluses.

Location
The location isn’t all that bad – we positioned ourselves to be within 30 minutes of Singer Island – great restaurants and shopping. Having access to the local supermarket made food purchases a little easier

Overall
I would defiantly recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the WPB Area – the Rooms – Service and amenities were top notch for the price. I was pleasantly surprised that you received so much for a low price. Nice Job Hilton.

Suggestions
It wouldn’t hurt to have hotter water, What I mean to say is – I prefer HOT showers where the showers here where more warm than HOT. But if that keeps the costs down – then keep it as is.

Overall
1-10 (10 being the best) I would rate this hotel a 9

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We love Homewood Suites and this one is on par with the chain. Good specious suites, well equipped, nice pool, nice breakfast (although one day the dining room was so full there was nowhere to sit, we waited but then were rushed as 9:30 arrived).
We were greeted with small presents for the kids (we are HHonors members) and everyone were very helpful.
We did laundry and the dryer was not working properly, so the staff ended drying our laundry in the hotel's dryer - thank you!
The one minor issue was with the TV, first there are no kids' channels, and second many of the channels that are listed were not working and they did not solve it even after we reported. Not a big deal and it didn't harm our very positive experience here.

Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I chose Homewood Suites based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor. My wife and I had spent a week in the Keys and were looking for a good place to spend our last night before flying home. The location was only about 10 minutes from the airport for our drive on Saturday morning. It is a little inconvenient to find after exiting off the Interstate, but after the first time it wasn't that bad.

The hotel is nice and the staff was efficient and helpful. We had a quiet room at the back of the building. I used the business center to print out our boarding passes. The breakfast was okay. My wife made waffles with cranberries and walnuts topped with whipped cream. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Back in October when I booked our 5 nights I set a review about the proof of the pudding.
Well the stay was just as they say. Room clean tidy and presentable. Staff pleasant helpful beyond reproach. The food was adequate, not Cordon Bleu.
The critisicm about it being like a hospital waiting area is partially true but hey there but for the grace of God and all that.
We would have no issues with staying here again or on recommending the hotel.
Well done. 2-0 to the Homewood Team!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife, daughter and I travel to WPB a few times a year to visit family. I have never written a review of a place we have stayed but our experience at Homewood Suites of West Palm Beach has changed that.
We have stayed at 2,3 & 4 star hotels but I can not think of a better experience than we had this past weekend !! The staff were uncommonly friendly and my wife and I noticed that it seem to permeate the other guests. They were attentive to all requests we made which were just a few. The complimentary breakfast was the best free meal, it helped that they had corned beef hash (my wife's favorite), we have ever had in a hotel. The main course, 3 hot items, changed each day we were there plus the usuals, fresh fruit & juice, waffles with fruit toppings, oatmeal w/ fixins bar, M,C & T, cereals and bread products. They also had staff assigned just to the breakfast crowd to assist with guest needs.
Our room had a small kitchen (microwave, full size fridge/freezer, coffee maker, stove, pots, pans, silverware, dishwasher etc.). The standard free internet. The room was clean and nicely appointed. the TV was centrally located and could swivel for bed or sleeper/sofa viewing. There was also a small table, seats two, next to the kitchen area for meals. The only problem with the room was one of the shower doors did not slide well and the bar on it was loose. We notified management of these two small issues.
The pool, heated when we were there this past weekend, area is nice with 2 gas grills, I assume are aval for guest use, artificial turf putting green, men's and women's rooms so you do not have to re-enter hotel, nice if you have kids, lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. Additionally, in the lobby they have a pool table, business center and small store area for daily needs and splurges.
Location in WPB is central to most needs and parking plentiful and with a fair amount of shaded spaces
Upon check-out my 11 year old daughter felt compelled to write a short note to the staff telling them what a wonderful staff she had and presented it to the young lady at the desk. A FIVE STAR STAY !!!!

Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent a couple nights at this hotel while on business. The best thing I can say is that the staff at this Homewood Suites was really excellent – very attentive and also very friendly. The decor was consistent with the updated look Homewood is going for these days, but there were some issues with cleanliness in the room that were disappointing. There were obvious stains on the grout, some hairs on the wall, and in general it did not feel like the cleanest Homewood I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was average, definitely something I could work with but not quite as nice as I have found at other Homewoods.

The hotel offers very easy access to I-95, and the price was definitely right. I would certainly stay here again, and would give it a solid 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!