“Good stay at Homewood Suites before flying home” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%!
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Good stay at Homewood Suites before flying home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I chose Homewood Suites based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor. My wife and I had spent a week in the Keys and were looking for a good place to spend our last night before flying home. The location was only about 10 minutes from the airport for our drive on Saturday morning. It is a little inconvenient to find after exiting off the Interstate, but after the first time it wasn't that bad.

The hotel is nice and the staff was efficient and helpful. We had a quiet room at the back of the building. I used the business center to print out our boarding passes. The breakfast was okay. My wife made waffles with cranberries and walnuts topped with whipped cream. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Back in October when I booked our 5 nights I set a review about the proof of the pudding.
Well the stay was just as they say. Room clean tidy and presentable. Staff pleasant helpful beyond reproach. The food was adequate, not Cordon Bleu.
The critisicm about it being like a hospital waiting area is partially true but hey there but for the grace of God and all that.
We would have no issues with staying here again or on recommending the hotel.
Well done. 2-0 to the Homewood Team!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife, daughter and I travel to WPB a few times a year to visit family. I have never written a review of a place we have stayed but our experience at Homewood Suites of West Palm Beach has changed that.
We have stayed at 2,3 & 4 star hotels but I can not think of a better experience than we had this past weekend !! The staff were uncommonly friendly and my wife and I noticed that it seem to permeate the other guests. They were attentive to all requests we made which were just a few. The complimentary breakfast was the best free meal, it helped that they had corned beef hash (my wife's favorite), we have ever had in a hotel. The main course, 3 hot items, changed each day we were there plus the usuals, fresh fruit & juice, waffles with fruit toppings, oatmeal w/ fixins bar, M,C & T, cereals and bread products. They also had staff assigned just to the breakfast crowd to assist with guest needs.
Our room had a small kitchen (microwave, full size fridge/freezer, coffee maker, stove, pots, pans, silverware, dishwasher etc.). The standard free internet. The room was clean and nicely appointed. the TV was centrally located and could swivel for bed or sleeper/sofa viewing. There was also a small table, seats two, next to the kitchen area for meals. The only problem with the room was one of the shower doors did not slide well and the bar on it was loose. We notified management of these two small issues.
The pool, heated when we were there this past weekend, area is nice with 2 gas grills, I assume are aval for guest use, artificial turf putting green, men's and women's rooms so you do not have to re-enter hotel, nice if you have kids, lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. Additionally, in the lobby they have a pool table, business center and small store area for daily needs and splurges.
Location in WPB is central to most needs and parking plentiful and with a fair amount of shaded spaces
Upon check-out my 11 year old daughter felt compelled to write a short note to the staff telling them what a wonderful staff she had and presented it to the young lady at the desk. A FIVE STAR STAY !!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent a couple nights at this hotel while on business. The best thing I can say is that the staff at this Homewood Suites was really excellent – very attentive and also very friendly. The decor was consistent with the updated look Homewood is going for these days, but there were some issues with cleanliness in the room that were disappointing. There were obvious stains on the grout, some hairs on the wall, and in general it did not feel like the cleanest Homewood I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was average, definitely something I could work with but not quite as nice as I have found at other Homewoods.

The hotel offers very easy access to I-95, and the price was definitely right. I would certainly stay here again, and would give it a solid 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Coconut Creek, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When I arrived to check in around 4PM, there was nobody in sight at the front counter (nor was there any sort of bell to ring to get someone's attention). After standing there at least 5 minutes, someone taking out the trash noticed me and found the appropriate person to help me check-in. Check-in was quick and the person was very friendly. When I got to my room, my keys didn't work. The front desk re-activated them; this time it worked on the third or fourth try. The next morning, one of the cleaners noticed me struggling to get back into my room after returning from breakfast and offered to help using her key. She said something along the lines of "this room always has this problem". If so, it should probably be fixed! The room itself was very clean, everything worked the way it should and the staff was very friendly, so overall it was acceptable. Unfortunately, the check-in/key problems caused me to nearly be late to my event.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Austin-TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites and it was fairly decent. What I liked about the place was ceiling fans in the rooms. We stayed over the weekend, so I can't comment on the free dinners they serve Mon-Thu. The free breakfast was fine, very similar to what you'd get at an Hampton Inn. I will say that one of their elevators was not working, and it was a nuisance to walk a lot, and they didn't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. Other than that it was clean. The biggest disappointment was their very uncomfortable sofa bed (the extra bed is the whole point of getting a suite when traveling with family, and if mgmt is reading this I would highly recommend some investment there.

The area where the hotel is located looked decent, but for some reason it did not feel like a good part of town. Went to the IHOP down the street and it looked like some late night transaction was going on in the parking lot. Not too many decent options for a meal nearby (cracker barrel, IHOP and fast food).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer D, Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the wonderful complimentary amenities that we have to offer!

We did have one of our elevators out of order so that we could make a few improvements to the elevator landing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and can assure you that we worked to get it done in a timely manner. As for the sofa beds, thank you for your feedback and we will surely look into that!

Princeton Junction NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I concur with many of the comments made by other Gold Hilton Honors members who commented here, Yes, the toilet paper is very thin. I never did get the tissues I requested. We had to ask to have the room serviced. The breakfast is nothing special - what you would expect - and did the job.

We arrived after midnight so being close to the airport was important to us. I find it cheesy when we have to request the bottles of water (no snack was offered) we should get automatically and graciously as Gold members.

Another thing to consider is that there aren't many close alternatives to get a quick dinner near by. The closest - and nearly only option - is a Cracker Barrel (practically next door).

We were in town for a family gathering; we usually stay on the beach but this trip didn't allow us time for that. So after convenience to the airport, good bed, good shower and cleanliness were what we were looking for and that's exactly what we got.

Room Tip: We found the hotel very quiet, and very little A/C noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable comments.

While it is nice to hear that you found our hotel clean, we still look for ways to improve. I am so sorry that you had to ask for your complimentary water and snack. The Homewood Suites thrives on loyal Hilton Honor members like yourself! We are in the process of retraining our front desk staff to recognize and reward our members. I can assure you that this process will be better the next time you choose to stay with us. We would like to invite you to try us again if you are in the area. Please contact me at 561-682-9188 if you would like to make another reservation. I will personally ensure that this stay is a pleasant one for you! Thank you!

Been to Homewood Suites West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!