“Stellar staff and a good price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%!
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Stellar staff and a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent a couple nights at this hotel while on business. The best thing I can say is that the staff at this Homewood Suites was really excellent – very attentive and also very friendly. The decor was consistent with the updated look Homewood is going for these days, but there were some issues with cleanliness in the room that were disappointing. There were obvious stains on the grout, some hairs on the wall, and in general it did not feel like the cleanest Homewood I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was average, definitely something I could work with but not quite as nice as I have found at other Homewoods.

The hotel offers very easy access to I-95, and the price was definitely right. I would certainly stay here again, and would give it a solid 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Coconut Creek, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When I arrived to check in around 4PM, there was nobody in sight at the front counter (nor was there any sort of bell to ring to get someone's attention). After standing there at least 5 minutes, someone taking out the trash noticed me and found the appropriate person to help me check-in. Check-in was quick and the person was very friendly. When I got to my room, my keys didn't work. The front desk re-activated them; this time it worked on the third or fourth try. The next morning, one of the cleaners noticed me struggling to get back into my room after returning from breakfast and offered to help using her key. She said something along the lines of "this room always has this problem". If so, it should probably be fixed! The room itself was very clean, everything worked the way it should and the staff was very friendly, so overall it was acceptable. Unfortunately, the check-in/key problems caused me to nearly be late to my event.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Austin-TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites and it was fairly decent. What I liked about the place was ceiling fans in the rooms. We stayed over the weekend, so I can't comment on the free dinners they serve Mon-Thu. The free breakfast was fine, very similar to what you'd get at an Hampton Inn. I will say that one of their elevators was not working, and it was a nuisance to walk a lot, and they didn't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. Other than that it was clean. The biggest disappointment was their very uncomfortable sofa bed (the extra bed is the whole point of getting a suite when traveling with family, and if mgmt is reading this I would highly recommend some investment there.

The area where the hotel is located looked decent, but for some reason it did not feel like a good part of town. Went to the IHOP down the street and it looked like some late night transaction was going on in the parking lot. Not too many decent options for a meal nearby (cracker barrel, IHOP and fast food).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer D, Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the wonderful complimentary amenities that we have to offer!

We did have one of our elevators out of order so that we could make a few improvements to the elevator landing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and can assure you that we worked to get it done in a timely manner. As for the sofa beds, thank you for your feedback and we will surely look into that!

Princeton Junction NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I concur with many of the comments made by other Gold Hilton Honors members who commented here, Yes, the toilet paper is very thin. I never did get the tissues I requested. We had to ask to have the room serviced. The breakfast is nothing special - what you would expect - and did the job.

We arrived after midnight so being close to the airport was important to us. I find it cheesy when we have to request the bottles of water (no snack was offered) we should get automatically and graciously as Gold members.

Another thing to consider is that there aren't many close alternatives to get a quick dinner near by. The closest - and nearly only option - is a Cracker Barrel (practically next door).

We were in town for a family gathering; we usually stay on the beach but this trip didn't allow us time for that. So after convenience to the airport, good bed, good shower and cleanliness were what we were looking for and that's exactly what we got.

Room Tip: We found the hotel very quiet, and very little A/C noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable comments.

While it is nice to hear that you found our hotel clean, we still look for ways to improve. I am so sorry that you had to ask for your complimentary water and snack. The Homewood Suites thrives on loyal Hilton Honor members like yourself! We are in the process of retraining our front desk staff to recognize and reward our members. I can assure you that this process will be better the next time you choose to stay with us. We would like to invite you to try us again if you are in the area. Please contact me at 561-682-9188 if you would like to make another reservation. I will personally ensure that this stay is a pleasant one for you! Thank you!
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were looking for a moderately priced hotel for a 2 day stay but I am a clean freak therefore I am always really tentative about staying at a hotel that I haven't used before. This was great for the price. The suite was spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly and breakfast was good, not great. The eggs were those dehydrated scrambled things and the hashbrowns were kind of rubbery. Having said that, they did have a hot breakfast that included a meat, waffles, oatmeal, potatoes and eggs. It also included tha staples like cereal, fruit and yogurt. I highly recommend it. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. The Homewood Suites West Palm Beach consistently strives to provide clean rooms, good food, and happy staff. We are in the process of revamping our menu for breakfast and dinner. The next time you are in town, please do not hesitate to give us another try!

Please feel free to call us at 561-682-9188 and reserve your next stay. We would love to have you back. Thank you!
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have read the reviews from others saying they expect bottles of water ad the carpet to be newer. This hotel was great even without those things. The Breakfasts and dinners were good ( eggs and meat each day and a lot of other options) Good kitchenette in the room and exactly what was advertised. The bed slept great. There was a small convenience store in the lobby with sodas, beer and ice cream and necessities. The shuttle to the area businesses was there on time each morning and the the general manager was the driver and asked how he ( and his staff) was doing each day. The only thing about this hotel is that if you have a problem with folks in wheelchairs you should go elsewhere. These folks provide accommodations for quite a few of the local medical clinics.

Room Tip: This was one of the only hotels in the area that had separate bedroom and was still available for th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. The Homewood Suites West Palm Beach consistently strives to provide you with all the conveniences of home. With our Suite Shop, complimentary shuttle and breakfast and dinner options, it's great to know that you found your home away from home!

Please do not hesistate to call us at 561-682-9188 and reserve your next stay. We would love to have you back. Thank you!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Gold Hilton customer here, disappointed. I would have rated this property 4+, but there were so many "little" things wrong with my stay that they added up to make it "average."
The following list needs attention by management:
- Toilet paper is so thin you can see through it
- Rooms missing silverware, plates, glasses - could not set a table for 3
- Food quality is poor - had better at many other Homewood Suites
- Understaffed at mealtime, running out of food items, cold food
To make matters worse, somebody decided to do a carpet replacement and shut down the primary elevator without even notifying guests in advance - had to walk around the building to get to second elevator. Then it broke too, took the stairs on my last day while checking out. Crazy!
On the plus side, both Jennifer and Debbie did an outstanding job, even under all the stress.
I would suggest to the property manager that he/she actually stay at the hotel and eat a few meals there to see what I'm talking about. It's fixable with some attention to detail.
Lots of medical rehab patients in the facility - avoid if this makes you uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lou D, General Manager at Homewood Suites West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Gold Member,

Thank you for these valuable comments, we normally do a much better job and apologize we really struck out with you on all these issues that will be addressed and corrected.
We hope you give us another chance in the future and contact me personally so I can make this stay up to you.

Lou Dawson G.M.

Been to Homewood Suites West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!