“Almost excellent...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Belmont, California
“Almost excellent...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here for business. The location was convenient, the rooms seemed mostly clean (there was some dried food pieces on my couch) and are spacious, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom is nice, and the staff was kind. One strange thing that I don't understand is when I checked in (the afternoon) and returned to my room (that evening) the hotel and parking lot was dead. It was strange in the morning to find that there was an extremely long line for breakfast. I find it hard to believe all the people in line were staying at the hotel. I think it is fine if the hotel wants to feed people who don't stay there, if that was what was happening, but I felt anxious as I had to make it to a meeting and didn't want to do so on an empty stomach. I didn't have time to wait in the long line and there was another line of people waiting for a table. I'm not sure what was happening, and I still might stay here again, but I would need to figure something else out with the breakfast because that wouldn't work out for me in the future. I have never seen anything like these lines before and have stayed in a lot of very busy hotels. In fact I stayed right near Disneyworld a few nights before and the hotel was extremely crowded through the afternoon & evening, but it was no problem getting breakfast, though it was busy. It is to be expected breakfast is busy, but this was a beyond busy.

I used the gym, which was fine for my needs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I can assure you that we only feed our guests for breakfast. Our holiday season this year was amazingly busy. We had over 400 people go through our breakfast daily this year. Normally, our breakfast is not as busy as it was, but we did have a lot of guests bringing their family to visit other family members. We actually had to open our meeting room space for extra seating. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Joe Dunann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Valrico, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When we arrived a little after 5pm, the check in line was five guests deep. The line went very quickly and the check in was pleasant and efficient. Our room was just as expected as we've stayed at other Springhill Suites in Florida. We had two double beds (wish they were queen size), enjoyed having a separate sitting area for our family of 4, and liked having a mini fridge and microwave. My daughter decided to sleep on the pull out sofa and there were no extra sheets in the room - only a blanket. My call to Guest Services was promptly answered and we received the extra sheets quickly. The room walls and ceiling are thin. We heard the guests above us walk around. We also heard the guest's next door television. That made it tough to get to sleep; however, once asleep we all slept comfortably. The free breakfast in the morning was mediocre. There was a line 10 people deep at minimum the entire time we were there and the line remained while eating. The staff did not keep the food supply and juice supply coming. The eggs were awful - very watery. The rest of the food, fruits, bagels, toast, sausage was acceptable. Can't complain too much since it was free. The free wi-fi was perfect...no issues. Overall this hotel met our needs for a one night stay in the West Palm Beach area and we would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your review of our hotel. During the Holiday Season, we were extremely busy and breakfast was absolutely crowded. We have learned a couple small details that would help the line go quicker and we are ready to act on them the next time we get that busy again. The next time you are in town again, please visit us again.

Tsissy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I would like to recommend springhill suites to anyone looking for wonderful accommodations, friendly helpful staff, delicious breakfast and more! It's been a really long time that I have witnessed a service industry with such delightful staff from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and anyone in between!!!! Rooms are comfortable and clean! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your travels. I would like to thank you for a great review. I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We look forward to booking your next reservation soon. See you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had read many great reviews of this hotel and recently chose to stay two nights after obtaining a great price through Hotels.com. The location on 45th isn't as close to downtown/CityPlace as some other hotels, but what it lacked in proximity, it made up in multiple ways with its great customer service and excellent hotel room comfort. The main lobby has a modern appeal, which is also where the satisfying breakfast buffet takes place, offering good chides of eggs, sausage, ham, breads, cereals, coffee and fruits. Checkin-in was very pleasant with front desk assisting in answering many if my questions, and offering an array of snacks, drinks and mini dinners for purchasing. My room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, and it was very neat and had comforting appeal. The king bed, sheets and comforter enhanced relaxation. I was most impressed by the bathroom which appeared very new (tub, tiles, shower head) and lighting throughout was easy to control, dimmers included as well as self operating thermostats for the AC. Flat screen TV offered a good selection and the iHome clock/radio with iPhone attachment was a great addition. Wi-fi was easy to access and readily available. I used the microwave and refrigerator during my stay with no issues and my minor complaint, where an electrical socket was not offering power was immediately addressed by maintenance. On my last day, I was obliged a late check out for 1pm with no extra charge and the staff from front desk to housekeeping were superbly friendly, welcoming and intent on providing excellent customer service. I look forward to many future stays at this hotel and would only recommend less hustle and bustling among staff and guests during the morning changes. I give this hotel stay very high marks in their ability to offer excellent customer service.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you you have taken to review our hotel. I am certainly proud that we were able to provide you with such a great stay. Your review was a huge compliment. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Really friendly staff consistently throughout, clean room, good internet but I was phased by the lighting switches. The master switch(s) inside the door confused me (and still does), getting up to to use bathroom without lights was a challenge!
On the other hand the breakfast was simply wonderful with fresh strawberries, melon etc which was a cut above the rest! Certainly would use them again though!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about the staff. They work really hard and it always makes their day to hear when a guest compliments them. Sometimes the light switches can be a bit touchy, but they were installed to help us conserve energy. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back in the hotel.

Rindge, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel did not lock our room and left it open to the public for an entire day. In addition the workmen put a cinder block in the exterior door and anyone could enter without a key. We fear that someone had access to our personal informaiton and we may have our identy stolen. The hotel said "we are sorry" Well that does nothing to protect us. When you rent a hotel you should have the expetation that the cleaning crew will close and lock your door. The management did not agree with us. WARNING... Stay at this hotel at your own risk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am deeply sorry this has happened to you. Your frustration is understandable. Safety and security is something we take very seriously and we deeply regret your door was left open for a couple of hours.

Since your stay, we retrained all staff members on how to properly ensure guest safety and security and will continue to focus on this area.

We also spoke with the regular guests who propped the exterior door open and they will not do it again.

Again, I am deeply sorry for this issue.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not the latest generation of Springhill Suites as Marriott is advertising. The rooms are out of date and feel old. However, the front desk service is very good. The newly improved breakfast offerings are also very nice.

One good thing is the hotel's Internet - they definitely invested in it. Unlike many hotels that have free Internet, theirs is actually usable during peak weekday evening hours.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, get an ODD higher numbered room (e.g. 523).